Bugle Call V St Mirren

pink panther

Time for us all to step up to the plate ahead of the international break and get along to Paisley. Team deserve the backing after the effort today and hopefully Higgy, Welsh and Fraser set to start. Not letting the negative posters get me down, these are the same ********* who slagged Lambie at times and who have never kicked a ball in their life. Results will get better and 10th place (success) at least.

• Like 6

Time for us all to step up to the plate ahead of the international break and get along to Paisley. Team deserve the backing after the effort today and hopefully Higgy, Welsh and Fraser set to start. Not letting the negative posters get me down, these are the same ********* who slagged Lambie at times and who have never kicked a ball in their life. Results will get better and 10th place (success) at least.

Who is getting dropped for those three players? Can't say that had a great impact on us getting back to 3-2 today? Two were on the park when we lost our late late equaliser. Harsh to drop Craigen and Elliott after two great goals and all round performances today, imo.

You just know that someone is going to come on to this thread and tell us next week is a "must win game".Of course it isn't.

I'd argue slightly with Jagfox by saying a fully fit Higgy walks back into the side. It may be tough on Elliott (presumably) but no matter how well Christie plays he can't quite reach the effectiveness of Higginbotham when he's having even a normal game. Anyway there's good problems and bad problems and having too many players fit and ready to start is definitely of the former. One thing that I doubt anyone would argue with is, with those three coming back and ready for a start, Stevenson is going to be further marginalised. But that's a topic for another thread not this.

You just know that someone is going to come on to this thread and tell us next week is a "must win game".Of course it isn't.

I'd argue slightly with Jagfox by saying a fully fit Higgy walks back into the side. It may be tough on Elliott (presumably) but no matter how well Christie plays he can't quite reach the effectiveness of Higginbotham when he's having even a normal game. Anyway there's good problems and bad problems and having too many players fit and ready to start is definitely of the former. One thing that I doubt anyone would argue with is, with those three coming back and ready for a start, Stevenson is going to be further marginalised. But that's a topic for another thread not this.

Maybe crazt talk but I'd give Christie a shot up front and bring Higgy in for Doolan. We seemed to be more cohesive going forward ehen Dools went off.

*not a Doolan bashing, just my observation of today's events*

Regardless of how and when we lost today's goals I'd say four points from two successive away fixtures is a success. We're capable of that.

Definitely. Four points would be fantastic. Depending on how the Saints game pans out and other results even a point won't be the end of the world. I am confident of a win but Saints will be up for this one too.

St Mirren have yet to win at home this season & the only point they've picked up there is against Ross County.

-11 goal difference & the first 45 minutes against us at Firhill was probably the worst opposition team performance I've witnessed all season (including Ross County).

It might not be a must win but with everyone fit & only Banzo suspended I'd say it's a mustn't lose.

McNamara pretty much did our scouting for us in his post match interview at the weekend.

He told his players st mirren would defend high up the pitch for the first 60 then open up in the last half hour.

As predictable as it is that we concede late, that's how they played.., it's what they do.

A lot is made of MacAusland being a terrible centre half but equally poor is Goodwin at centre half who always wants to rush out, leaving a massive gap between MacAusland and Naismith. It may be worth while revisiting our tactic from the first half of the St Johnstone game, which didn't ever come off, of playing wee lobs over the defence, from the half way line.

Of course if McGinn is out, he may move Goodwin back in beside McLean and move either Tesselar or Naismith inside.

Either way, I really hope for us to beat this mob. They are terrible.

Edited by potty trained

Hopefully O'Donnell is fit again by Saturday as that means McMillan at left back but if he isn't then how about Seabourne at left back? He is left footed and I believe he has played the position before. That would mean Frans could come in beside Balatoni.

Apart from that, same as last week except maybe Higgy in for Craigen or Elliot and Welsh in for Bannigan if his ban has started.

If O'Donnell isn't fit then maybe Fraser at right back and McMillan back to LB?

In the past Balatoni has played RB for us but I don't think he has the pace to play there in the premier league.

Hopefully O'Donnell is fit again by Saturday as that means McMillan at left back but if he isn't then how about Seabourne at left back? He is left footed and I believe he has played the position before. That would mean Frans could come in beside Balatoni.

Apart from that, same as last week except maybe Higgy in for Craigen or Elliot and Welsh in for Bannigan if his ban has started.

If O'Donnell isn't fit then maybe Fraser at right back and McMillan back to LB?

In the past Balatoni has played RB for us but I don't think he has the pace to play there in the premier league.

I think there's no better boost for a players morale after he has had a run of starts for the first time this season, and capped it with a goal, than rewarding him by dropping him in his next game.

• Like 2

It's obviously a difficult decision for Archie and it wouldn't surprise me if Higginbotham didn't start but I feel he will come down on the need to play someone as creative as Higgy in what is an important game. Of course if Bannigan is out there is the possibility of Craigen moving backwards and Higgy taking the position where he usually plays. Also of course none of us see them in training every day nor do we know what knocks may be picked up - all we can do is make an informed guess.