Jim (The Thug) Goodwin

SuperjagNo.1

Did anyone see his elbow into the face of the young Dundee United player near the end of the match?

It was even commented on by the Sportscene "Experts". He got done for a similar thing at Tannadice after the ref misssed that one too.

I hope the authorities take action against this serial thug, he never seems to learn his lesson ?

Is it just a coincidence that the BBC website's highlights of the game becomes pixilatted just before the incident takes place ?

I see he has been "Offered" a 2 match ban, and if he accepts it, will once again be available to play against Thistle.

Last season he appealed against a ban so that he would be available to play against us in what was a crucial game.

If the referee or his assistant had the balls to send him off on Saturday, he would not have been able to play against us this week, it stinks !!!!

He should be banned from the first 2 matches after they offered the punishment.

Bad news for us as Goodwin is an absolute disaster at centre half. Although if he gets a game you can only imagine what his replacement must be like. He is all over the place, watching the highlights every week he just bombs out of position and around the park not doing anything.

Why does he only get a two game ban when this is about the fourth incident in a couple of years that is of him elbowing an opponent. A very serious foul yet he gets away with a two game punishment. Surely he should be getting a 6/7 match ban.

Goodwin is their club captain and his replacement will be someone from their development team. He's also a dirty ******* that will more than likely kick Higgy of the park. Him being out will be a bonus for us.

Why would they replace him with someone from their development squad, when there is more than enough coverage in their first team squad?

Might be thuggish but when he plays in midfield he can be quite effective as I feel refs often are "extra fair" to him. By that I mean his reputation can work for him in a way that refs don't want to be seen as prejudiced handing out cards just as it's him. He's come out the "on the look out" stage that Bannigan for example will now have entered. Then again I've a rather low opinion of Scottish refereeing. :)

Might be thuggish but when he plays in midfield he can be quite effective as I feel refs often are "extra fair" to him. By that I mean his reputation can work for him in a way that refs don't want to be seen as prejudiced handing out cards just as it's him. He's come out the "on the look out" stage that Bannigan for example will now have entered. Then again I've a rather low opinion of Scottish refereeing. :)

Don't know anything about Bannigan's general intelligence but he's braindead when it comes to the disciplinary aspect of the game. Good player but could be better if he cut out the nonsense cards. Makes the refs job so easy with the amount of cheap fouls he concedes. Would be amazed if Archie hadn't had a word with him already, although if he has it clearly ain't getting through.

He's a good player for them and they always miss him when he's out.

I Agree with L-I-B about his reputation working for him.Danny Lennon made a big issue about this and from then on it seemed he couldn't have got booked if he'd murdered someone . Archie could learn from that by saying Bannagins picking up a lot of unfair bookings and putting a bit of presure on refs.

.FUXSAKE, ...............Goodwin dived full length and palmed the ball away and didn't get booked

I hope he is out of the game with us, he seems to save his better spoiling play for when we play them.

I wish St Midden had disclosed what punishmemnt they had handed hi, probably a smack on the wrist from Judas Craig, the ginger to55pot !!!

If you'd substituted black for 'ginger' you wouldn't have posted this.

Goodwins an absolute liability and he's not a center half in the first place hope he plays and we put wee lawless right on top of him. Lawless has really developed this season ! His work rate has been different class this season. Only matched by McMillan IMO but a think big Goodwin would get really pissed off playing against him and without knocking a player out hes not really gd at defending

• Like 1