Just In........ From Love Street

thebiglemon

First half- terrible, if St Mirren can't score against us when we're that bad it says a lot.

2nd half- better, dominated without being any good, lucky McDaid didn't get given handball (even though it wasn't deliberate- happened right in front of us)

Nice for Christie to get the winner after last week

Big Frans looked good

My feet won't get wetter.

It was nice of the referee to give St Mirren plenty of time to try to find an equaliser - and nice of our players to let them have that shot which cracked off the bar. It was almost as if we were embarrassed to be winning such an awful match.

But Hooray! For the win. Take it and run.

I would love to see McDaid get an extended go in the team - do we expect to get anything from Aberdeen? Why not let him start and show what he can do. He displayed an energy and desire when he got on that seems noticeably absent from many others. Some players don't even seem bothered about if they are playing or not - so let us enjoy watching a kid who is clearly desperate to play.

• Like 1

1st half was dreadful. I started to dream of the halcyon days of a sunny Commonwealth Games enjoying weightlifting, hockey and lawn bowls to block out the poverty of entertainment from both sides on the pitch. Big Frans was the only positive.

2nd half we came out positive, sharper and attacking. Lawless, SOD, Osman much improved. Fraser and Doolan subs vastly better than Welsh and Stevenson.

Surprised to see McDaid come on for Lawless but he played with youthful positivity and made the assist for Christie.

1300 Away fans which is a good turnout. St Mirren look rubbish. Tommy Craig is no improvement on Danny Lennon.

1st time at New St Mirren Park and was impressed. Train station close pie. Comfortable seats. Decent steak pie.

The weather almost as bad as the performance, good win though.

Stevenson as centre forward again?

I don't get it. If the manager doesn't fancy Doolan (& not sure why not) then why not give Ecclestone a shot? I'm unsure as to why he was signed if Stevenson was going to be used as a second choice striker behind Dools.

Stevenson, & it's not a dig at him, is not a natural CF. He does his best to hold the ball up but he just doesn't look comfortable doing it.

do we expect to get anything from Aberdeen?

I don't expect to get anything from Aberdeen but I think we're in with a decent shout. They've scored one more and let in one less over the season so far. It took them an hour to find their feet against Ross County on Monday. After the break we should have Fraser and Higgy starting and it sounds as if Frans-Seaborne is starting to reap rewards. Aberdeen will be favourites but as a team you've got to go into every game with the attitude that you can win.

All that is not to say that I don't think McDaid is worth a run out, more an (optimistic) appraisal of our chances against Aberdeen.

My feet won't get wetter.

It was nice of the referee to give St Mirren plenty of time to try to find an equaliser - and nice of our players to let them have that shot which cracked off the bar. It was almost as if we were embarrassed to be winning such an awful match.

But Hooray! For the win. Take it and run.

I would love to see McDaid get an extended go in the team - do we expect to get anything from Aberdeen? Why not let him start and show what he can do. He displayed an energy and desire when he got on that seems noticeably absent from many others. Some players don't even seem bothered about if they are playing or not - so let us enjoy watching a kid who is clearly desperate to play.

Disagree i.e it's bullsh*t- just cos we didn't play well doesn't mean that is true, there was a very positively together reaction at the goal, esp Big Abdul

• Like 1

Big plus getting all 3 points,we were rotten in the first half,we were able to bully them about a bit in the second and they were pretty clueless.Still don't get this playing Stevenson at Centre,just don't know what AA is thinking about,Dan/Frans looked really comfortable,Foxy was steady enough but his distribution is awful,he refuses to give it short to SOD,but plays Osman in the sh*t by giving him a truly awful short ball at the edge of the box.Little stands are neat/tidy but are too low,you cant get a real impression of the game from so low,think that you really need to get up to the very back to get a decent view,caused confusion by not initially using the first 4 rows,then had to relent when it was so busy.Thought it was a great turn out by the Jags Fans on what turned out to be such a horrible day.

• Like 1

Rubbish game, both sides as bad as each other really.

Big Ozzy steady, Frans played well again, the subs injected a bit of life into us. Good to nick the win though. Welsh didn't look fit and went down injured after 5 mins, and appeared to limp his way through the rest of the half before being subbed at half time. Fraser a vast improvement, he's so important to us.

Stevenson up front - thought we established that didn't work the first 5 games of the season?

Thought the stick Fox was taking for not giving it to SOD was a bit way OTT, turned to my dad and said I bet u he throws it out to someone in a minute in a bad situation cos the crowd are on his back, then what do you know he chucks it to ozzy wi 2 guys on his back. First half was really poor no doubt, but booing team off at half time, really? get a grip you idiots whoever you are.

Still don't understand the experiment of playing Stevenson up front when it's clear to see he can't play there. Fox is a good keeper but he needs to be the one to start the ball moving quickly ands not allow the opposition to regroup and get back behind the ball. SOD was always available in space but never received it so I think Fox deserves some stick for taking so long to release the ball. On a weekend when we'd seen Motherwell win and Ross County leading comfortably at half time whilst we were toiling badly, then I think the fans are entitled to let the team know it's not good enough. Based on the way we started the second half it looked like the message got across.

• Like 1

Aberdeen will be favourites but as a team you've got to go into every game with the attitude that you can win.

All that is not to say that I don't think McDaid is worth a run out, more an (optimistic) appraisal of our chances against Aberdeen.

I'm not saying we shouldn't go for a victory against Aberdeen, but is giving McDaid a try any worse than playing Stevenson or Lawless (who I thought had a shocker) today.

People are constantly going on about how this game or that is a "must win", so the armchair experts I'm sure would have been doing their nut in today if McDaid had started.

Disagree i.e it's bullsh*t- just cos we didn't play well doesn't mean that is true, there was a very positively together reaction at the goal, esp Big Abdul

So the players were just shite today, and McDaid wasn't? There was a huge difference when he and Doolan came on, in my opinion. Maybe the rest were trying their very best and were awful.

Seeing Balatoni doing his warm-up at half-time, I thought to myself, "you must be f**king raging that the manager thinks you're not good enough to play in this team."

Why is the weather always so bad when we play St Mirren?

God's a Morton fan?

Ahahahaha.

Also, I think the boos at half-time were directed at the entire pitch - both teams and the officials - for such a lousy performance. I wouldn't be surprised if the Buddies were as unhappy as us. At least that changed at full-time!

Edited by Richard Nixon

Defensively very sound for the 90 minutes, unfortunately totally lacking in any attacking threat in the first half- to be frank until Doolan came on we were pretty rank! Fortunately, that sparked a substantial improvement and althogth we weren't wonderful, I think we deserved our win.m and Christie took his goal well. All in all, we simply couldn't have afforded, not to win today. We did so we'll just have to put that performance behind us: onwards and upwards, hopefully!

Don't see many comments about us NOT losing a late goal today!! We were absolutely dreadful in that first half but improved significantly in the second. Big Frans and Dan look a very solid coupling and how great is it to see two towering centre half's in our team. St Mirren are awful and I can't see Craig making the turn of the year. Nice going into the break on the back of a victory. What a great turn out today from the fans as well

• Like 1