Thistle Vs Aberdeen

allyo

Fraser, Higgy and Stevenson should all be starting in place of Craigen, Elliott and Lawless.

Thought it was terrible some fans booing Stevenson coming on - he did pretty well and the ball stuck up front more when he was on with good link up play. Also put it on a plate for Bannigan.

No questions over Higgy and Fraser starting, bad bad call by Archie.

Aberdeen were there to be beaten today.

If we take our chances we win the game. Craigen 1st half, Banzo and osman 2nd half, we should have scored at least 2 of they chances. Collum is an absolute *********. Don't think he realised there were 2 teams on the park today. Team weren't at their best but refereeing decisions cost us today.

As for Higgy and Fraser starting, Higgy didn't do a thing when he came on, so what did he do to deserve a start, and I still think Fraser isn't 100% fit. At times the love in for Higgy in nauseating, since he has been out Elliot has won us a few points and Lawless has been our most consistent performer over the last few months. Stevenson hasn't kicked a ball ALL season so far.

Edited by JaggyMad

And does that deserve a starting place every week? Genuine question, cos I was replying to the post suggesting that Stevenson, Fraser and Higgy should have started.

Does me pointing out that Stevenson created our best chance mean that I think he deserves a starting place every week? Genuine question, cos I was replying to the post suggesting that Stevenson hasn't kicked a ball all season.

And he hasn't kicked a ball all season, but if you think 1 pass makes it all better, then fire in.

Edit..wish to feck that's all I had to do a week for £2000.

How do you know he is on £2000 a week for a fact?

You originally said he hadnt kicked a ball all season he set up a goal first match against Ross County for Fraser and another for Lawless against ICT - so while he has not hit the heights that I have expected its not true as you claim that he has not kicked a ball all season.

You appear to be singling him out as to blame for any games we have struggled in surely the whole team including Archie and Scott can at times be questioned - we play as a team, we win as a team and we lose as a team.

How do you know he is on £2000 a week for a fact?

You originally said he hadnt kicked a ball all season he set up a goal first match against Ross County for Fraser and another for Lawless against ICT - so while he has not hit the heights that I have expected its not true as you claim that he has not kicked a ball all season.

You appear to be singling him out as to blame for any games we have struggled in surely the whole team including Archie and Scott can at times be questioned - we play as a team, we win as a team and we lose as a team.

Read the full thread, Stevenson certainly not the scapegoat for me today, but how can any of his performances since the start of the season make him a regular starter. Just because he has set up 2 goals and a near goal today, doesn't deserve a start ahead of Elliot or lawless on there performances this season.

And today he reverted to type. Higginbotham starting when fit is a no-brainer.

And the key word is FIT. I agree when fully fit then yes he should be in the team, but as some on this thread have been shouting about, that Higgy, Fraser and Stevenson....no chance. Both Fraser and Higgy are not 100%match fit yet and Stevenson doesn't deserve a start.

Read the full thread, Stevenson certainly not the scapegoat for me today, but how can any of his performances since the start of the season make him a regular starter. Just because he has set up 2 goals and a near goal today, doesn't deserve a start ahead of Elliot or lawless on there performances this season.

I would be more than happy for Elliot and Lawless to get extended deals no problem with that.

The point I am making is that Stevenson has been made number 1 scapegoat this season - its either his wage or he is unfit or does not try a leg

I dont doubt he is one of the highest paid at the club

The people I have spoken to whom I happen to rely on - have said that he works as hard as anyone at training and has at no point had a billy big time attitude at Partick Thistle. He has however been played in a role he is not familiar with and quite possibly low on confidence - you know it happens look at Doolan I dare say he is low on confidence, Fox has been at games, Balatoni too?

Stevenson actually made an effort to close down today and put in an excellent cross - his 15 minutes spell was the best performance for the club so far but that's a comment in itself for a key signing.

His supposed assists consist of a flick to Lawless who beat two defenders and made an incisive pass to Elliot who picked out Fraser for the goal against County...and a simple 20 yard crossfield pass to Lawless who cut inside the full back and hit a great shot against Inverness. Stevenson's contribution to both goals was peripheral.

A scapegoat is someone who unfairly takes the blame for the failings of others. Stevenson has taken justifiable criticism so far for being very ineffective and has been kept out of the side by Craigen and Elliot which again speaks for itself. All Thistle fans are hoping for better for him.

Fraser played 45 minutes two weeks ago against St Mirren and apparently was influential in turning the game in our favour. I'm not sure why he was only fit enough to play 35 minutes today...I would always want to see Higgy start in preference to Elliot. In some ways, it's very admirable that Archie remains loyal to his players but I'd rather our best players started - Aberdeen had a grip of the game by the time they came on.

I would be more than happy for Elliot and Lawless to get extended deals no problem with that.

The point I am making is that Stevenson has been made number 1 scapegoat this season - its either his wage or he is unfit or does not try a leg

I dont doubt he is one of the highest paid at the club

The people I have spoken to whom I happen to rely on - have said that he works as hard as anyone at training and has at no point had a billy big time attitude at Partick Thistle. He has however been played in a role he is not familiar with and quite possibly low on confidence - you know it happens look at Doolan I dare say he is low on confidence, Fox has been at games, Balatoni too?

I like the guy and feel that Archie doesn't know where to play him. Never a striker, but agree that his confidence must have taken a battering. Hopefully he comes good and Archie finds his best position.

Regarding Stevenson, while he clearly hasn't hit form for us yet, how many multi-million pound players do we see down south who struggle to adapt to their new team's style of play? Too many to mention. I'm prepared to give him more time, as there was clearly a desire to work for the team yesterday.

Regarding Stevenson, while he clearly hasn't hit form for us yet, how many multi-million pound players do we see down south who struggle to adapt to their new team's style of play? Too many to mention. I'm prepared to give him more time, as there was clearly a desire to work for the team yesterday.

Would those who criticise Stevenson prefer that he was playing for Dundee/Kilmarnock/St.Mirren/St.Johnstone ? I certainly wouldn't. He may not have hit the heights expected, but how often has he been played in his preferred position. Is it his fault that he is being asked to be a lone front man ? I think we saw yesterday what he can do when playing just behind Dools. If we can accomodate that role then I think that he could prove all of the Naesayers wrong.

• Like 1

I just watched the highlights: if it wasn't for Gallacher Aberdeen might have scored about six goals. And in fact there looked to be nothing wrong with the one that Rooney had chalked off; that one decision by Collum went in our favour. Craigan should at least have been on target with his shot, but it wasn't as glorious an opportunity as I was expecting from the descriptions. But Bannigan's miss .... oh dear. We can have no complaint about the result.