Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

I have recounted this before but when Donnelly was at Dumbarton he wouldn't come out the tunnel at Firhill to warm up because it was absolutely pouring. He did, however, deign to play in the game and was magnificent for about 75-80 mins pulling all the strings in midfield and Dumbarton led 2-1 and were comfortable. Unfortunately for him he got injured and had to be taken off - 2 goals in the last 10 mins saw us win 3-2 - utterly undeserved but none-the-less welcome!

Edited by JeanieD

Ahh. jd. He was one of those players you rarely see playing for us. What ability!! He loved to entertain.

Like Higgy. And Chris Erskine. God save those types of player especially if they play for us.

Can't remember where it all went wrong for him. Did he join Killie?

Ahh. jd. He was one of those players you rarely see playing for us. What ability!! He loved to entertain.

Like Higgy. And Chris Erskine. God save those types of player especially if they play for us.

Can't remember where it all went wrong for him. Did he join Killie?

He went to Dunfermline after us. That season while playing for Thistle against Dunfermline he scored an own goal. Later the same season while playing for Dunfermline against us he again scored an own goal.

He ended up eventually at Vale of Clyde Juniors and last I was aware he was doing some youth coaching in the east end of Glasgow. That was about 10 years ago though. I interviewed him for Thistle programme around that time.

He went to Dunfermline after us. That season while playing for Thistle against Dunfermline he scored an own goal. Later the same season while playing for Dunfermline against us he again scored an own goal.

He ended up eventually at Vale of Clyde Juniors and last I was aware he was doing some youth coaching in the east end of Glasgow. That was about 10 years ago though. I interviewed him for Thistle programme around that time.

Did he not pass away at a relatively young age? Or am I totally mistaken?

Looks like Hampden. Looks like Tommy Ledgerwood. Looks like Hearts. Looks like Joe Hogan between the Hearts player and the ref. Looks like the League Cup Final 25 October 1958.

Other Thistle player Mathers or Donlevy? Hearts ripped us 5-1. Could be Bauld and/or Murray and/or Wardlaw in the picture. Don't know if Ledgerwood was injured but he didn't play again in the first team until 21 March.

Looks like Hampden. Looks like Tommy Ledgerwood. Looks like Hearts. Looks like Joe Hogan between the Hearts player and the ref. Looks like the League Cup Final 25 October 1958.

Other Thistle player Mathers or Donlevy? Hearts ripped us 5-1. Could be Bauld and/or Murray and/or Wardlaw in the picture. Don't know if Ledgerwood was injured but he didn't play again in the first team until 21 March.

I thought it was Hampden or Ibrox, could it be Rangers at Ibrox? Although you seem pretty sure about it being at Hearts at Hampden

Think he only lasted a season at Dunfermline, then went to Stranraer for a season and then to the Vale. He was a terrific player in a very poor side but sadly he didn't seem to have the commitment that his talent deserved.

I thought it was Hampden or Ibrox, could it be Rangers at Ibrox? Although you seem pretty sure about it being at Hearts at Hampden

On second thoughts Jaggy, the white wall around the track might be Ibrox. Just didn't look like a Rangers jersey. Thought they always had a badge. Perhaps not?

That picture captures for me exactly what Thistle matches at Firhill were all about in those days: dreich conditions, half-ruined pitch, the smell of newly deposited pish on the steps of the shed (or worse!), the best pies and bridies to be found anywhere, good crowds, a side that would get tore right in whether or not the opposition was one of them, great but crazy error-prone players, real character fans, totally inconsistent results and a hugely tangible togetherness of the fans and the Theesel culture.

• Like 1

Above photo really confusing me. I thought that was Lucas Akins but he joined on loan just as Roberts was leaving. Some sort of behind closed door game in Jan 09? Chaplain's head second from right. Looks a lot like Erskine in front of the ref but he didn't join us till the following season. Did he have a trial for us?

Or maybe a reserve game v Stenny?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett