Just In

simoncordiner

IMO if there were ever a game that needed to ally the brawn of Stevenson with the guile of Doolan, that was it.

2 points were thrown away by refusing to react to what was in front of all our noses. The number of times that the ball was played into space directly behind the furthest forward player, ready for a shot - and no-one was there to take it!

Kilmarnock, understandably, played for a draw with the possibility of nicking a goal on the break, because it was clear many players would tire before full time was up.

• Like 5

Poor service again for the forwards and the midfield not getting in the oppositions box enough is costing us points.With Higgy and Fraser still not 100% we're struggling a bit for inspiration.

Someone needs to tell Carrol that defending a cross doesn't mean standing 6 yards away from their player and sticking your leg out.

Couple of mad defending moments might have cost us at the end too ,good save from Galls.

thought we were the better team overall,Kille looked like the came not to get beat and that was that. The game was made even more scrappy by a Ref that had no idea what was and what wasn't a foul. Hammil must have commited a 100 fouls for them.

We really need to improve our striking options. Disappointingd not to see McDaid getting more of a chance.

Killie are top six and totally sh1te.

• Like 2

I give Elliot a lot of stick sometimes, and in fairness I thought he was pretty useful in the first half. Craigen isn't up to it - Lawless and Fraser on the bench behind him? A joke.

Caroll was awful and have to say well done to Archie for switching it about, really good sub but could of done it earlier.

Stevenson played very well but all his best work is out of the box, we need Doolan on with him. Bannigan at LB worked well and would allow Osman Fraser and Dools to play with Stevenson Higgy Elliot/Lawless behind.

Killie were there for the taking. Ref gave them so so so many fouls it was unreal - also gave us a couple of terrible decisions that were blatantly Killies.

Points not bad, as predicted in my pre match post 1-1.

• Like 3

We are where we,are and if you wanted any proof of this it was on open display at Firhill today. As usual we failed to take full advantage of our probable rivals in the relegation dogfight, poor results.

It would be churlish to single out an individual player, so I'd point to the almost totala lack of a goal threat as the single most obvious failing that needs addressing.

I give Elliot a lot of stick sometimes, and in fairness I thought he was pretty useful in the first half. Craigen isn't up to it -Lawless and Fraser on the bench behind him? A joke.

Caroll was awful and have to say well done to Archie for switching it about, really good sub but could of done it earlier.

Stevenson played very well but all his best work is out of the box, we need Doolan on with him. Bannigan at LB worked well and would allow Osman Fraser and Dools to play with Stevenson Higgy Elliot/Lawless behind.

Killie were there for the taking. Ref gave them so so so many fouls it was unreal - also gave us a couple of terrible decisions that were blatantly Killies.

Points not bad, as predicted in my pre match post 1-1.

]

Fraser is one of her best players and potentially could be our best. Lawless is a great player for assists and his work and is underrated. But i have to say I was completely underwhelmed by both when they came on.

Fraser is maybe going to take a few games to get back into his stride but I thought he did nothing when he came on.

Lawless almost lost every ball and was easily muscled off the ball at every opportunity today. Something I feel he has been unfairly criticised before but I did expect more when those 2 came on.

Again I don't know if its going to take a few games for him to get his sharpness back but I didn't think Higgy was any great shakes today. We know what these guys can do so hopefully just an off day.

That Killie team were for the taking but I really was alarmed at times how little urgency there was by a number of the players in that second half - Balatoni had a great run at Killie at one point and I hoped to see more of that in the second half from the rest of the players but not much. I really hoped that Elliot who I feel is underrated would do something like that but he seemed a bit of the pace today.

Carroll who I thought had been a bit of a scapegoat for some should have done better really with the goal.

Seabourne and Abdul were really good.

A point is not a bad result especially when other teams about us lost but a bit more urgency could have got us all 3.

Sooner or later St Mirren will part company with Craig (lets hope its later) but there could have been far more daylight between us and them this afternoon.

Lack of goal threat, everyone sees that is our problem is, but Archie leaves Dools, Lawless & Fraser on the bench.

The guy really fecks with this auld brain of mine, how can our most prolific long range passer/ shot at goal and one of our best midfielders (Fraser)the leagues most assists(lawless) and a natural centre forward(dools) no get a start before Craigen, Elliot or Stevenson. Not saying all 3 must start, but at least 2 would have gave us more scoring threat.

Plus points for me Galls and Conrad looked solid enough but his (CB) distribution was wayward in the second half

Higgy's frustration was going to lead to him doing something silly, so I was glad to see him getting hooked.

His form will come good.

As said elsewhere Abdul and Dan were a steadying influence.

Not a lot of highlights today, but mine were:

We scored from a set piece

We didn't concede a last minute goal

I got undercharged at the pie stand

Abdul is sheer quality

My moans:

Ref was dreadful (for both teams)

Stevenson ineffective after last weeks performance

Too many backward passes and sideways passes

Lack of creativity and imagination leading to 1 on target effort all game (the goal)

• Like 1

Individually and collectively, today in four words:

Nowhere near good enough.

Fraser is one of her best players and potentially could be our best. Lawless is a great player for assists and his work and is underrated. But i have to say I was completely underwhelmed by both when they came on.

Fraser is maybe going to take a few games to get back into his stride but I thought he did nothing when he came on.

Lawless almost lost every ball and was easily muscled off the ball at every opportunity today. Something I feel he has been unfairly criticised before but I did expect more when those 2 came on.

Again I don't know if its going to take a few games for him to get his sharpness back but I didn't think Higgy was any great shakes today. We know what these guys can do so hopefully just an off day.

That Killie team were for the taking but I really was alarmed at times how little urgency there was by a number of the players in that second half - Balatoni had a great run at Killie at one point and I hoped to see more of that in the second half from the rest of the players but not much. I really hoped that Elliot who I feel is underrated would do something like that but he seemed a bit of the pace today.

Carroll who I thought had been a bit of a scapegoat for some should have done better really with the goal.

Seabourne and Abdul were really good.

A point is not a bad result especially when other teams about us lost but a bit more urgency could have got us all 3.

Sooner or later St Mirren will part company with Craig (lets hope its later) but there could have been far more daylight between us and them this afternoon.

Good points, but not just Fraser, Lawless, Higgy, Elliot, Carroll who were not good enough today. In fact who was? Big Dan loved his goal in front of the Northy. Not much else to be positive about today.

If we hadn't won today, but tried our best and given our all, i'd have no complaints, but that today was dire, Killie were there for the taking and we came up well short. Who showed they really wanted to win today?

Abdul is sheer quality

My moans:

Lack of creativity and imagination leading to 1 on target effort all game (the goal)

Stevenson was given no support whatsoever as others have said why not have him and Doolan on at the same time

A game there for the taking,we didn't do enough,we sadly lack a cutting edge which isn't helped by mystifying team selections,there was a chance today to get right into a very poor Kilmarnock side,these silly self-inflicted wounds may come back to haunt us.Iknow that just about every team in the League is ollking for a Frontman,we need to get one to give us an option!.

Bannigan whose career is largely over showed promising signs at full back, from this position it makes it much harder to stop attacks, and limits his options for going back. The legend that is Jamesie Craigen, even against a very poor team is way out of his depth, takes a good corner though. Stevenson is not a natural striker, more a good attacking midfielder finds it hard when asked to play up front, Dools struggles without a good partner. Higgey who is very much a one man band should not be keeping Lawless out the side. In a very poor premier league we must aim higher and must do better.

• Like 1

There are positives if we're being serious. We dominated possession and didn't look like losing and we're accumulating points more easily than those below us. If consolidating premier status is objective then today was a decent day. But it was frustrating to watch and we can certainly play better.

Can't disagree with what most have posted. Dreadful game, horrible weather, we looked leggy after the midweek game, Killie were awful. Urgent priorities, Higgy and Freddy on extended contracts and Archie needs to pull a Lyle Taylor like surprise out of the bag in January. A striker is a necessity unless Eccleston suddenly starts shows something that we haven't seen yet, when he is fit!!!

Abdul is sheer quality

My moans:

Stevenson didn't score therefore was ineffective. Really unfair, he did everything asked of him and made several very good potential assists.

Can't disagree with what most have posted. Dreadful game, horrible weather, we looked leggy after the midweek game, Killie were awful. Urgent priorities, Higgy and Freddy on extended contracts and Archie needs to pull a Lyle Taylor like surprise out of the bag in January. A striker is a necessity unless Eccleston suddenly starts shows something that we haven't seen yet, when he is fit!!!

Commented today if we had Lyle Taylor we would be top six. Top six is supposedly at least 600k extra (going by Houston comments when he left United). I hope the board would try make something happen. Doesn't have to be Taylor but clearly goal scorers don't come cheap but earn their keep.

• Like 2