Bye Bye Ally

i@n

If I was a Newcastle fan I'd be very concerned. Sevco have signed some pretty decent players in recent years, and turned them all into crap.

According to my Newcastle supporting friend none of these players have a hope of appearing in a Newcastle shirt again. They've been sent to Rangers to put them in the shop window to try and get some cash for them in the summer. (Also, probably for some tax avoidance reasons as well.)

The problem for Seco fans is that instead of actually doing anything about it they've figuratively sat about on their backsides, blaming everyone else for their troubles: whilst awaiting the arrival of a big blue knight (we'll call him for the sake of illustrative purposes) galloping along the Copeland Road on a big white horse to the rescue of 'ra peepil'.

Unfortunately, as most adults will tend to agree fairy tails and business tend not to mix!

I have it on very good authority that of the 5 Newcastle players sent hunwards, 1 is reasonably good but nowhere approaching first team squad level, 2 are less than adequate, another is below less than adequate and the 5th is a complete goat.

Oh, and (as alluded to above) that it's all about off-loading them to anybody who'll take them off the St James's payroll. Surely neither Rangers incarnation has been at such a low level of dignity since a young Prince Billy was dining at the royal nipple.

I have it on very good authority that of the 5 Newcastle players sent hunwards, 1 is reasonably good but nowhere approaching first team squad level, 2 are less than adequate, another is below less than adequate and the 5th is a complete goat.

Well that's an improvement in the team then.

• Like 3