Bye Bye Ally

i@n

Thanks.

The "advert" seems 100% accurate to me.

Same goes for the reason they paid to get it published: simple provocation.

I think it's embarrassing to tell you the trruth.

Fans should concentrate on their own clubs not others. End of.

How would you, as a Jags fan, feel if a supporters association spent £4k to slag off Clyde?

Especially when everyone knows what they are...

Big fan of Sundsy Herald & know it's more about revenue than anything else but when you consider the city will go into lockdown Sunday & cases of domestic abuse will noticeably rise because of the idiots on both sides, I think them agreeing to publish it this week of all weeks was wrong.

They're looking for a reaction & even if it's one or two that do it's job done for them but trouble for us.

Sad.

• Like 1

I think it's embarrassing to tell you the trruth.

Fans should concentrate on their own clubs not others. End of.

How would you, as a Jags fan, feel if a supporters association spent £4k to slag off Clyde?

Especially when everyone knows what they are...

Big fan of Sundsy Herald & know it's more about revenue than anything else but when you consider the city will go into lockdown Sunday & cases of domestic abuse will noticeably rise because of the idiots on both sides, I think them agreeing to publish it this week of all weeks was wrong.

They're looking for a reaction & even if it's one or two that do it's job done for them but trouble for us.

Sad.

Agreed. It can only exacerbate what will already be an unpleasant and tense atmosphere. Glad I ain't there.

I have no idea whether technically/legally they are a new club, but until the fans of other clubs start treating them as different from the old Rangers, they will all ways have the history of the old club. I'm as much to blame as everyone else. I can't disassociate the past from the present and the fact that this thread and it's predecessors exist on this and other sites then it shows I'm not the only one.

I have no idea whether technically/legally they are a new club, but until the fans of other clubs start treating them as different from the old Rangers, they will all ways have the history of the old club. I'm as much to blame as everyone else. I can't disassociate the past from the present and the fact that this thread and it's predecessors exist on this and other sites then it shows I'm not the only one.

Uhhmm technically/legally they are a new club - that's why they had to start in a lower division. I've no objection to the fans of the old club believing they are say a kind of (spiritual?) continuation of the old club. That's their affair.

However I disagree with you on blaming other fans. Right from the start and encouraged by Green and McCoist and the like they have revelled in the old sinister baggage of the old club and acted with all the old obnoxious arrogance of the old club. Maybe they thought this was how to maintain the continuation? Whatever. I don't see how other fans could be blamed for this: it's possibly the reason why a lot of fans have a go at them (though some would have anyway).

They had a chance to set up a new club without the old baggage, run properly - but all it took was a stirring of the the bigot pot and they were all behind Green and his ravaging of their club. (With a few exceptions of course, there are some of the oldco fans who have given up on them).

• Like 1

Re the above, I notice most of them - of varying ages - still append statements and opinions on, eg, Facebook, with WATP etc. So, serves them right in respect of any taunting, tarring with the old brush etc.

Back onto their financial woes: I enjoyed listening to them bragging last week that Ibrox is now safe from being used as security against any further loans from Sashley, following intervention by the Rangers Supporters Trust (or a similar oxymoron). Who TF is going to bankroll them now that the stadium has formally acquired sacred cow status? The article I read spoke about pay day being this Thursday, and the stark possibility of them defaulting on players' wages. Uh oh. The windfall from their inaugural fixture against the Tims might plug the gap this time, but after that.......?

Too many folk getting too hot under the collar about their history. Why does anyone even care. Don't remember the same fuss about Airdrie?

Your memory must be short as there was a lot of "fuss", especially sympathy for Bankies fans, at the time. Compare the new Airdrieonians and the Sevconians with Gretna 2008 (more appropriately named) who play at Raydale Park and are stuck in the new Lowland League.

The Cup, on 26 January 2015 - 10:54 AM, said:

They are a new club with the old club's history. If Celtic don't consider it the same entity then why are they taking more than 16000 to a semi-final

Exactly my point.

Lots of Celtic fans don't however there was always a large element of Celtic fans who were happy to be green equivalents of the blue bigots and will look forward to renewing the bigot fest.

Too many folk getting too hot under the collar about their history. Why does anyone even care. Don't remember the same fuss about Airdrie?

Airdrie fans didn't get mad about other supporters pointing out the truth - in fact other supporters didn't have to do much of that as it was accepted by most of them. They didn't threaten everyone and sundry to make them say it was the same old Airdrie. A quote from the Airdie web site:

Having been driven into full liquidation in May 2002, Airdrieonians FC became even more famous for being the first Scottish senior club to go out of business since Third Lanark in 1967. The spirit lived on, though, as the town welcomed Airdrie United into being, and saw it win the Bells Challenge Cup in 2008. Thanks to the efforts of owner and chairman Jim Ballantyne, the name Airdrieonians was restored in time for the start of the 2013-14 season. We're at last back to two lions - and a cockerel - on the shirt.

Note "spirit lives on". I'm happy with that and for any R*ngers fan who says that (though whether they'd want the present mess to be seen as continuing the spirit of R*angers is another matter. Mind you considering what we now know about the Murray years now maybe they really are a spiritual continuation of the old club.

Of course they may have to take criticism in the way they took over another old club - though Clydebank were in a bad way (they were in admin) and might not have survived anyway.

Airdrie like us are a wee club, and don't get much mention in the papers. The papers (and other media) didn't continue to publish rubbish about them day in and day out, nor did the SFA and SPL try to force them into the top league like they did another club which went out of business.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 1

Airdrie fans didn't get mad about other supporters pointing out the truth - in fact other supporters didn't have to do much of that as it was accepted by most of them. They didn't threaten everyone and sundry to make them say it was the same old Airdrie. A quote from the Airdie web site:

Note "spirit lives on". I'm happy with that and for any R*ngers fan who says that (though whether they'd want the present mess to be seen as continuing the spirit of R*angers is another matter. Mind you considering what we now know about the Murray years now maybe they really are a spiritual continuation of the old club.

Of course they may have to take criticism in the way they took over another old club - though Clydebank were in a bad way (they were in admin) and might not have survived anyway.

Airdrie like us are a wee club, and don't get much mention in the papers. The papers (and other media) didn't continue to publish rubbish about them day in and day out, nor did the SFA and SPL try to force them into the top league like they did another club which went out of business.

So, when we play them (assuming they survive long enough to do so) it will be just like any other game ? I don't think so !

Therefore by what ever means they got it, they have the history of the old club.

To use the Airdrie analogy, I would consider them to still have the history of Section B

At the end of the day who cares and it's only a game of football after all.

Puts it all into perspective when over 41k fans turned out at Ibrox yesterday for an ex player who was struck down by a terrible illness at a very young age.

I think everyone should take a wee step back from all the crap that we throw around at each other and hopefully sometime soon we can all talk about the football again.

At the end of the day who cares and it's only a game of football after all.

Puts it all into perspective when over 41k fans turned out at Ibrox yesterday for an ex player who was struck down by a terrible illness at a very young age.

I think everyone should take a wee step back from all the crap that we throw around at each other and hopefully sometime soon we can all talk about the football again.

I don't think 41k fans turning up to a charity match puts any perspective (or has any relevance) on the years of cheating, bigotry and hatred associated with rangers, the rangers or anyone connected with eiither party.

Ricksen's illness might give rangers fans perspective that there is more to life than glory hunting and winning at all costs, regardless of the means taken, but it has no relevance to "outsiders" who have had to put up with your disgrace to Scottish Football, of a club.

I would suggest your use of the man's illness as some sort of plea bargain for folk on here to take stock and just talk about football quite frankly disgusting.

Have a good day, Sir.

• Like 4

And I don't recall getting abuse, and forced to resign as editor, for making a distinction between the old Airdrieonians and, the then, new Airdrie United in the Thistle programme.

If the same situation were to befall Thistle no doubt I would link the old club and the new club. That's understandable. The only real issue for me is the claim that Rangers were demoted. They weren't. They applied to join the SFL and were accepted.

And as for the Celtic fans' statement. I think their protestations hide their true feelings about the game this coming weekend and their rivilary with their erstwhile partners.

I was pleased to see 41,000 fans support Fernando Ricksen, his daughter and the MND charity. A significant number, no doubt, were former season ticket holders and ex-regulars attending their first home game this season. They would have used the game as an opportunity to "make a point' about the continuing financial crises at Sevco.

The key question is how many of those the "fans" who were there yesterday would have turned up to support a former Celtic player who had been struck down with a debilitating terminal illness. Remember the awful Johnny Doyle song that the hypocrites still sing. Equally, it's unlikely that there were many Celtic fans there yesterday, despite the club's £10k donation. And that sums up the mentality of the Ugly Sisters' support perfectly.

And I don't recall getting abuse, and forced to resign as editor, for making a distinction between the old Airdrieonians and, the then, new Airdrie United in the Thistle programme.

If the same situation were to befall Thistle no doubt I would link the old club and the new club. That's understandable. The only real issue for me is the claim that Rangers were demoted. They weren't. They applied to join the SFL and were accepted.

And as for the Celtic fans' statement. I think their protestations hide their true feelings about the game this coming weekend and their rivilary with their erstwhile partners.

To be honest (and I think I indirectly referred to this above) I think their support is split. A good number of them were actually pleased to see what they thought was going to be the end of the Old Firm and the hate-fests it involved. (I know a couple who have knocked back offers of tickets for the illegitimate offspring of said Old Firm game). Unfortunately an equally good number or more miss it, being as some other fans say the green cheek of the evil a^se of Scottish bigotry. They're also hoping of course to see their old enemy as they see it get a right hiding (I wouldn't be surprised if it ended a dull1-0 which would serve them right) and it wouldn't matter if the whole world told them they weren't the real Rangers, they'd want to have some form of Rangers to hate and gloat at.

BTW as I also said above I've no problem with fans claiming the successor club is spiritually or in some vague sense a continuation of the old - though I wish they'd been able to lose the old baggage - it's worse if anything. But the legal/technical point has to be continually made because, the media, the SFA/SPFL admin and various spivs at the newco have used the myth to try to favour it unfairly and tell us we need them.

Well we don't (except maybe Celtic). This myth has also stirred up hatred among the blue legions towards other clubs and their fans. Green used it to great effect.

I should add the myth has been used by the media to enable various spivs to take control of and exploit Rangers - while at the same time every time a spiv gets found out the media are on his neck - typical MSM.

Edited by Mr Bunny

The key question is how many of those the "fans" who were there yesterday would have turned up to support a former Celtic player who had been struck down with a debilitating terminal illness. Remember the awful Johnny Doyle song that the hypocrites still sing. Equally, it's unlikely that there were many Celtic fans there yesterday, despite the club's £10k donation. And that sums up the mentality of the Ugly Sisters' support perfectly.

Ignoring the Johnny Doyle song comment, the rest of your point is a bit unfair. How many Jags, Killie, QP, Clyde, Accies fans etc would turn at either of these grounds for a game like this unless their team was involved?

• Like 1

Just thought I'd add one lot who should get a lot of the flak but get missed a lot here are the SFA and SPFL (formerly SPL) chiefs. If they'd insisted everything be done by the book and above board there would have been no uprising of opposition fans and stirring up of hatred between fans because the newco would have been placed in the lowest division immediately and there would have been no creating of a myth about an eternal club for them to gather around. Then it would have been much harder for Green and his cronies to take control the way they did. Green should have been fined and declared an unfit person to run a club for the way behaved.

But they were too panic stricken at the thought of losing their beloved cash-cow to think straight. In fact with the mess they've allowed to happen - no, enabled - it's possible it may take some form of Rangers much longer to get back to the top level than they would have if the SFA/SPL had played things straight.

Edited by Mr Bunny

• Members

Your memory must be short as there was a lot of "fuss", especially sympathy for Bankies fans, at the time. Compare the new Airdrieonians and the Sevconians with Gretna 2008 (more appropriately named) who play at Raydale Park and are stuck in the new Lowland League.

Yeah must be. I really, really don't remember this amount of fuss 3 years after Airdrie took Clydebanks place. Perhaps with your great memory you can remind me of similar circumstances 3 years later with Airdrie. No googling now kni, though I know that's how you usually like to pass that off as your knowledge!

My point is, I'd rather see them (Rangers) starved of publicity especially from fans of other Scottish teams. It's hard to blame the press for the amount of coverage they get when the most popular post on a Partick Thistle website is about them. And I'd imagine our teams fans website is no different from the rest of the country.

I'm now annoyed that I've now posted twice about them!!! So, I propose we don't post about them again unless we're playing them ourselves! We can provide a thread that only kni can post in to give us google updates on their demise (or otherwise) that you can 'like' but not comment on! Even posts about sacking the management team is more entertaining. So can we please get back to talking more about Thistle than talking about them?

p.s. For the avoidance of doubt and owing to the lack of 'smileys' a fair bit of the above post is made with tongue firmly in cheek. (but not the bit about talking about Thistle more though!!! :D)

• Like 1

Yeah must be. I really, really don't remember this amount of fuss 3 years after Airdrie took Clydebanks place. Perhaps with your great memory you can remind me of similar circumstances 3 years later with Airdrie. No googling now kni, though I know that's how you usually like to pass that off as your knowledge!

My point is, I'd rather see them (Rangers) starved of publicity especially from fans of other Scottish teams. It's hard to blame the press for the amount of coverage they get when the most popular post on a Partick Thistle website is about them. And I'd imagine our teams fans website is no different from the rest of the country.

I'm now annoyed that I've now posted twice about them!!! So, I propose we don't post about them again unless we're playing them ourselves! We can provide a thread that only kni can post in to give us google updates on their demise (or otherwise) that you can 'like' but not comment on! Even posts about sacking the management team is more entertaining. So can we please get back to talking more about Thistle than talking about them?

p.s. For the avoidance of doubt and owing to the lack of 'smileys' a fair bit of the above post is made with tongue firmly in cheek. (but not the bit about talking about Thistle more though!!! :D)

An "other football" Sub Forum would probably ease your ills. :happy2: