Bye Bye Ally

i@n

I have no idea whether technically/legally they are a new club, but until the fans of other clubs start treating them as different from the old Rangers, they will all ways have the history of the old club. I'm as much to blame as everyone else. I can't disassociate the past from the present and the fact that this thread and it's predecessors exist on this and other sites then it shows I'm not the only one.

I never really had any objection to Rangers FC as a legal entity. It was the exclusive, arrogant, aggressive and (ironically) superior attitude and culture that followed it that I disliked. Maybe not all their fans were bigots, but I met very few who didn't buy into this culture. Unfortunately this 'spirit' has lived on, and attached itself to the new club.

For this reason I see no contradiction in seeing the new club as a different entity, yet disliking it every bit as much as the old one.

• Like 1

In many ways you have to laugh at this advert carry on. A bunch of insecure half-wit bigots buy expensive advert space to justify their own prejudices and provoke the other insecure half-wit bigots into a reaction - and guess what?.............................. the other bigots fall for it hook, line, and sinker, and throw a flaky. Brilliant :frantic::crazy::happy3::yawn::sleep1:

"Ooh! I must let everyone know how uninterested I am in this topic! How on earth can anyone possibly have thoughts on things I don't care about? Thank Heaven itself for the internet and the ability it gives me to educate the masses on my vital opinions!"

just tired matey. Are you ok? You seem paranoid.

Edited by Gingerjag

Personally I just thought the ad a bit embarrassing and cringeworthy . . . almost makes me want The Rangers to win and post an ad on the Monday saying GIRFUY!

The "old firm" are "embarrassing and cringeworthy" just like a couple of dodgy old shirts, hidden in the back of the wardrobe.

The reason why this was necessary is around us every day. The newspapers are not worthy of the tag. The Herald used to run a readers comments column called 'Fans with Laptops'. That aptly describes the staff more than anything else. Everything in that ad was legally correct but you wouldn't realise it given the response that it's had. You'll no doubt notice none of the comments will challenge what it contained - only the rights and wrongs of whether it should have been punlished.

But the really important aspect is that it lets the corrupt SFA / SPL see in a very public way that we know there was an almighty carve up to preserve a Rangers - even if they didnt manage to get them into the top league. Do you think we'd still exist if it was us that were in that state ?

The only thing that I didn't like was that the Celtic fans did this themselves. I think the messgae would have carried more weight if they'd engaged with fans of other clubs and submitted it as a joint effort.

While I don't care about Rangers, I do care about Scottish football and the way it is run. A full clearout is required -Regan, Doncaster, Ogilvie et al are on borrowed time, and need to go before the game can move forward. This will make uncomfortable reading for them, and anything that does that is ok in my book.

• Like 3

Rangers are the same club when it comes to footballing history but when it comes to paying a debt owed to the SFA issued to the 'old club', they're not interested in paying it as it relates to the old club. Even Rangers themselves can't make up if they're a new or old club, well they can when wanting to seperate history & financial obligations...no surprises there. Can't have it every way.

• Like 1

The way I look at it is this, if Rangers are a new team that has came into the league, like say Gretna for example, then I for one wouldn't be much more exited as I would be if we beat say,st mirren, Morton, Ross county ect, BUT truth be told, if and when we meet them and we do achieve a victory, I for one will be going mental ( way the drink ect) celebrating, just the same as I will be when we skelp the other cheek of the same arse.

So for me on that and that alone they are the same now as they were then.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30996809

Looks like Mikey boy has them by the Georgie Shaw's.....still if this scenario was getting played out at Firhill I would rather have multi zillionaire Cashley in charge than a convicted tax criminal, that in reality should have received 84 years in jail and was on the board that took the club into liquidation. Still all the matters to the Sevco supporters is that The King is a Ranjurs man!! You couldn't make it up!

Edited by Lindau

The way I look at it is this, if Rangers are a new team that has came into the league, like say Gretna for example, then I for one wouldn't be much more exited as I would be if we beat say,st mirren, Morton, Ross county ect, BUT truth be told, if and when we meet them and we do achieve a victory, I for one will be going mental ( way the drink ect) celebrating, just the same as I will be when we skelp the other cheek of the same arse.

So for me on that and that alone they are the same now as they were then.

That's because the media, the football administrators and the Rangers supporters (and Ibrox spivs) want it to be the same Rangers for various reasons, so they push that line - and lots of the old Rangers fans accept it and unfortunately act like old Rangers worst fans. So it's a new club but the same old experience.

just tired matey. Are you ok? You seem paranoid.

Best just to ignore Dick. He often gives opinions on others opinions from his armchair.

As for Ashley, that's why the guy is a billionaire. He's played a blinder it has to be said.

Owns less than 10% of a clubs shares but has managed to tie up all their assets.

Good business by anyone's standards.

Best just to ignore Dick. He often gives opinions on others opinions from his armchair.

As for Ashley, that's why the guy is a billionaire. He's played a blinder it has to be said.

Owns less than 10% of a clubs shares but has managed to tie up all their assets.

Good business by anyone's standards.

otherwise known as "having their balls (not that sevco have any ..... orange ones in particular) in a vice".

in the era before rangers died, david murray used to proclaim something about for every five and ten pounds.

now it can be said of sevco and ashley, for every ten pounds that zombies spend on sevco, ashley will pocket five pounds of it.

You can see how Ashley made his millions ... He must be pissing himself dealing with these amateurs

Let's see .... I'll lend you you £10m in two £5m tranches using the first one to pay back £3m I borrowed from you previously then I will give you 75% of the retail operation in addition to what you already have so that income stream dries up, security over everything apart from ibrox AND two Directors so I control the club without actually owning it by keeping the muppets in control

Love it

You can see how Ashley made his millions ... He must be pissing himself dealing with these amateurs

Let's see .... I'll lend you you £10m in two £5m tranches using the first one to pay back £3m I borrowed from you previously then I will give you 75% of the retail operation in addition to what you already have so that income stream dries up, security over everything apart from ibrox AND two Directors so I control the club without actually owning it by keeping the muppets in control

Love it

Remember they need to make payroll, NI and VAT on Thursday, thats more than £2 million, Ashley could have the assets by the weekend

Love it

Whoa...can you break that down point by point by any chance?

I haven't followed this story, but it looks as if you have a pretty good grasp of what's going on.

I don't think 41k fans turning up to a charity match puts any perspective (or has any relevance) on the years of cheating, bigotry and hatred associated with rangers, the rangers or anyone connected with eiither party.

Ricksen's illness might give rangers fans perspective that there is more to life than glory hunting and winning at all costs, regardless of the means taken, but it has no relevance to "outsiders" who have had to put up with your disgrace to Scottish Football, of a club.

I would suggest your use of the man's illness as some sort of plea bargain for folk on here to take stock and just talk about football quite frankly disgusting.

Have a good day, Sir.

I feel your pain from that HUGE chip on your shoulder (Ouch)

I don't think 41k fans turning up to a charity match puts any perspective (or has any relevance) on the years of cheating, bigotry and hatred associated with rangers, the rangers or anyone connected with eiither party.

Ricksen's illness might give rangers fans perspective that there is more to life than glory hunting and winning at all costs, regardless of the means taken, but it has no relevance to "outsiders" who have had to put up with your disgrace to Scottish Football, of a club.

I would suggest your use of the man's illness as some sort of plea bargain for folk on here to take stock and just talk about football quite frankly disgusting.

Have a good day, Sir.

You missed the point i was trying to make and it certainly wasn't to convince folk on HERE to take stock but meaning Scottish football in general needs to try and move on and will need to.

The 41k at a charity match was just to point out fans will still turn up but you will never see that at any normal home game just now for reasons you will know of

I have total respect for Ricksen and it's tragic what he is going through and i find it disgusting that you would turn this so you can get some "likes" from the few fellow haters on here.

Have a nice evening Sir

• Like 1

I was pleased to see 41,000 fans support Fernando Ricksen, his daughter and the MND charity. A significant number, no doubt, were former season ticket holders and ex-regulars attending their first home game this season. They would have used the game as an opportunity to "make a point' about the continuing financial crises at Sevco.

The key question is how many of those the "fans" who were there yesterday would have turned up to support a former Celtic player who had been struck down with a debilitating terminal illness. Remember the awful Johnny Doyle song that the hypocrites still sing. Equally, it's unlikely that there were many Celtic fans there yesterday, despite the club's £10k donation. And that sums up the mentality of the Ugly Sisters' support perfectly.

The fans were not making any point other than supporting an ex Rangers player who has been struck down by a terrible illness.

Anybody could go and buy tickets and some Celtic fans in colours were at the game and this support given was appreciated.

I don't know if any other club fans were there but i don't know how much advertising was done on club sites official and unofficial but i suspect like on here nothing was mentioned so it was always going to be mostly Rangers fans attending.

Alot of folk went to the game who will never go back until things change at the club but nobody went to protest against the regime in charge.

It was Ricksen's day and with tickets still on public sale up until ko so anybody could buy them no matter what team you supported

Why bring Johnny Doyle into this? Hypocrites?

I agree it's a line in a song that shouldn't be sung and lets hope we can move on from this stuff.

Aberdeen will sing about the Ibrox disaster at every visit to Ibrox they make.which is also disgusting but doesn't seem to attract the same publicity.

It isn't all Aberdeen fans but it's a good number of them which i find disgusting, but no other team that i know of have stooped so low.

I'm sure things are sung or shouted at every game that is offensive in some way and it's always been this way whether you or i think it's right or not.

Hopefully one day we can all move on from all this.

• Like 1