The Big Shout Out

potty trained

I don't see what the problem is celebrating a goal in the exact same way as we do currently (as yoda jag summarises above) and when it's died down and they announce the scorer doing this surname thing. They can both happen, it doesn't have to be one or the other. I think people are looking too hard for problems with this - like the North Stand move, if this hits a critical mass then people will join in. Is it too much to ask that we give it a try?

• Like 1

I just think there's a difference between making a safe, comfortable, affordable and well catered environment for young people to watch the game rather than turning it into a panto-day care centre.

Most La Liga Clubs do it - Most Serie A Clubs do it - and they even do it in Norway - we have a wide mix of age Groups to consider - its simply a vehicle to widen the atmosphere and unite the Fans in a celebration of our Goals - its not for everyone but given we have 600 Under 16s plus there parents each Home Game then there is a sizeable part of our support that hopefully will see it as positive.

• Like 1

It’s a decent enough idea, trying to replicate the atmosphere on the continent.

But the problem is the JHS is a morgue at the best of times, and I’m not sure how it will take off if it’s just the North Stand taking part along with a few younger fans in the JHS. But by all means, I’m open to any suggestion that gives Firhill a better atmosphere and makes it more intimidating to opposing teams (without reducing it to a Livingstone “family friendly” ground, with embarrassing gimmicks).

But the North Stand does a good job at creating an atmosphere anyway, and if the club were smart they would do what most clubs do when they open a stand behind the goal…reduce the ticket price slightly! Cheaper North Stand = more fans.

To throw in a tangent, did anyone see that St Midden are opening a 'fan zone' outside the ground pre-games? Where you can buy an alcoholic drink (shock!), snacks, and just generally get gathering with the rest of the fans. Not sure we've got the room for one, but I don't hate the idea.

• Like 1

To throw in a tangent, did anyone see that St Midden are opening a 'fan zone' outside the ground pre-games? Where you can buy an alcoholic drink (shock!), snacks, and just generally get gathering with the rest of the fans. Not sure we've got the room for one, but I don't hate the idea.

Like the Aitken Suite?

Most La Liga Clubs do it - Most Serie A Clubs do it - and they even do it in Norway - we have a wide mix of age Groups to consider - its simply a vehicle to widen the atmosphere and unite the Fans in a celebration of our Goals - its not for everyone but given we have 600 Under 16s plus there parents each Home Game then there is a sizeable part of our support that hopefully will see it as positive.

There's a few other things done over here and in Europe that could help the integration of fans and players, I'll send you mail later

Like the Aitken Suite?

Unless the ceiling of the Aitken Suite has taken on some significant damage in the last couple of weeks then, no.

How many visiting fans, or casual attendees, are aware of the existence of the facilities in the Aitken suite? Got to be a very small percentage.

Its called Ferguslie park, they are just re-branding it

The "re-furbished" Aitken Suite is now a colourless, soul-less, empty hangar-like, featureless, dismal place to visit at any time. I used to quite like the place when it was clearly a Thistle supporters' bar where visiting fans were also welcome. Now it's just a colourless, soul-less, empty...... well, you get the idea.

Their fanzone is a 200 capacity tent. It's a family friendly bar which you leave to enter the ground. Very much like the Aitken Suite.

Well thanks for eventually answering my initial post with more information. I'd argue the point about the Aitken suite being classed as 'family friendly', and the post below kind of sums it up for me. My point was perhaps somewhere we could be encouraged to have a bit of atmosphere might be nice. Sarcasm aside.

The "re-furbished" Aitken Suite is now a colourless, soul-less, empty hangar-like, featureless, dismal place to visit at any time. I used to quite like the place when it was clearly a Thistle supporters' bar where visiting fans were also welcome. Now it's just a colourless, soul-less, empty...... well, you get the idea.

Thanks to everyone for getting behind The Big Shout Out - nearly went pear shaped when PA stopped working before the Game -but response when we scored was fantastic

Also Bg Thanks to Kids & Parents who took part in The Big Shout Out in Players Zone after the game.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Did they do it for Conrad's goal?