Just In....

javeajag

ah well a typical Thistle game.... after watching them for over 40 years your nor surprised !

A game we should have won despite not playing particularly well and a last minute deflected og sums it up

Some good positives today Seaborne was excellent and I'm pretty sure won every header, banzo was solid at fullback and in general the back four did well...in midfield Osman was excellent while Fraser had a well Fraser type of game....Stevo I thought did well nice touches some good passes, held the ball up well and linked play but clearly he is not and will never be a striker

On the other hand....I'm glad Craigen scored because it reminded me he was on the pitch but he then disappeared again, Elliot was well rubbish and Higgy was off form

Why Archie didn't use more subs I'll never know

A tough one to take

Same old, same old. We don't win many games by 1 goal because if you put sustained pressure on the defence it will crack. Mostly through a Conrad Dugmeat mistake.

Dundee had 5 strikers on the park at the end of the game looking for a goal. Did we do anything to counter it? No chance. We just play the exactly same way winning, losing or drawing.

Also Craigen scored a goal that my granny could have score but he also missed 2 fantastic chances that would have won us the game. Apart from costing us the game he did very little.

Taking Stevenson off was a dreadful decision. He was the only one that was playing well.

Edited by The Cup

Total agony not winning that one. I thought we played very well against a good Dundee side. Gary F looked as if the fitness is coming back as with hIggy. For once I didn't feel as if we were going to concede late as the back four had dealt comfortably with most throughout .Seabourne was immense

Conrad had played pretty well ,but as so often it was him that was involved with a late goal against, I still don't know how it went in .The look on the guys face after it said it all , I thought he was going to burst into tears.

It's not only us who think we're going to concede late but other teams always think they have a chance against us right up until the last second too.

Archie should take some criticism for not bringing on a sub late too given our past record ,just didnt understand that.

In decades of watching Scottish football this is probablly the worst collective group of Referees I can remember . Thomson today was absolutely howling .Blatant fouls not given free kicks given for nothing.The two free kicks he gave in a row just at either edge of our penalty box were beyond belief.Players getting booked left and right for dissent sums him up a total *****.

It wasn't a bad performance, we;re pretty close to being a very good side but we are suicidal with stupid goals against us and missed chances.That game could easily have been 3-0.We missed several scorable chances.

A win today and we'd have been up to 7th a few points behind St Johnston.There just seems a mental barrier we cant get past.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!

Oh, the Alan Archibald twelve days of Christmas song was brill.

Edited by angry gaz
  • Like 1

Same old, same old. We don't win many games by 1 goal because if you put sustained pressure on the defence it will crack. Mostly through a Conrad Dugmeat mistake.

Dundee had 5 strikers on the park at the end of the game looking for a goal. Did we do anything to counter it? No chance. We just play the exactly same way winning, losing or drawing.

Also Craigen scored a goal that my granny could have score but he also missed 2 fantastic chances that would have won us the game. Apart from costing us the game he did very little.

Taking Stevenson off was a dreadful decision. He was the only one that was playing well.

cant see how craigen cost us the game we didn't lose and he scored. It could still be a valuable point.

The referees determination to help Dundee caused us maximum points as much as anything

Edited by Third Lanark

I have refrained from quoting your post as I know some fans on here choose not to read them. They are clearly wiser than me.

It is one thing to critisise a players performance but no player who pulls on a Thistle top and puts in an honest shift deserves to be subject to personal abuse. Your pathetic name calling is disgraceful. Please just go away.

• Like 8

That was desparate. Excellent defensively and in the midfield but forwards couldn't finish a fish supper and then we started gifting free kicks to them. We must have had 10 shots to their 1 or 2.

No one player to blame but thought Archie could certainly have used his subs to much better effect today. Too little, too late. Again.

Will we ever be top six? Will we win two games in a row this season? So frustrating especially with two tough games to come now.

• Like 1

Archie has to start taking the blame for these results. Totally clueless at times. Higgy never kicked a ball the whole match, Elliot was never in the game and apart from his goal Craigen was totally obscure. He makes his usual last 15 min sub when bringing on Dools and takes off stevo who as has been said, he was having a good game. Hartley realised that he had to change it 5 min into the 2nd half, but when it was noticeable to all in the stadium,that we needed some fresh legs on the park, Archie just carries on with the usual pish. Then in the last couple of minutes we should have brought a sub on to break up the game and waste some time, but not Archie.

As for this crap that some are spouting about Higgy isn't 100% match fit! then he shouldn't be fecking starting!!! Stop giving players a start that don't deserve to start week in week out, just because he is a favourite with some fans, it's starting to become fecking soul destroying at times. He will not take off his favourite players even when they are doing nothing in the game.

Seriously thinking about giving up our 3 season tickets because of decisions like this from Archie, cannot handle going to freeze our balls off and watch incompetence from him and his lack of savvy costing us 2 points, especially when it costs us a fortune every week to travel up from down south. Archie is truly clueless!!!!

• Like 4

Archie has to start taking the blame for these results. Totally clueless at times. Higgy never kicked a ball the whole match, Elliot was never in the game and apart from his goal Craigen was totally obscure. He makes his usual last 15 min sub when bringing on Dools and takes off stevo who as has been said, he was having a good game. Hartley realised that he had to change it 5 min into the 2nd half, but when it was noticeable to all in the stadium,that we needed some fresh legs on the park, Archie just carries on with the usual pish. Then in the last couple of minutes we should have brought a sub on to break up the game and waste some time, but not Archie.

As for this crap that some are spouting about Higgy isn't 100% match fit! then he shouldn't be fecking starting!!! Stop giving players a start that don't deserve to start week in week out, just because he is a favourite with some fans, it's starting to become fecking soul destroying at times. He will not take off his favourite players even when they are doing nothing in the game.

Seriously thinking about giving up our 3 season tickets because of decisions like this from Archie, cannot handle going to freeze our balls off and watch incompetence from him and his lack of savvy costing us 2 points, especially when it costs us a fortune every week to travel up from down south. Archie is truly clueless!!!!

Yeah I wish Collins or Campbell were back in charge.

Can't disagree with any of this. Stevenson was the only player managing to hold the ball up, higgy was either losing the ball or wasting good opportunities and Elliott touched it about twice in the second half. Once we take off Stevo our aimless punts were punted back to us for 15 minutes of constant pressure with their number 23 being like a white ussain bolt.

Seaborne must get tired carrying balatoni on his back, dodgy cross field passes, lack of positional sense and generally being p*sh must be soul destroying. I don't blame him for the goal however, the whole stadium knew it was coming. Archie cannot change a game, god if only they did bets for who and when the subs where coming on!

Stevensons reaction to being subbed said it all. I love higgy but if he ain't fit don't play him. And if he's playing rubbish take him off.

Edited by kennymac29
  • Like 3

Brilliant. Been hiding this week after humping Inverness?

11 points clear of relegation places before Christmas. Archie clearly hasn't a clue.

Edited by 1876Jag

Higgy had a nightmare from the off and should have been subbed at half time. He is obviously protecting an injury given the number of tackles he pulled out from. Osman and Seaborne were outstanding and the defence looked comfortable until the last 15 minutes. Balatoni played reasonably well, and the deflection was very unlucky. Overall however the midfield squandered pass after pass. and Stevenson should never have been subbed - he was the only reliable target that could hold the ball up. Dundee probably deserved the draw.

• Like 1

Brilliant. Been hiding this week after humping Inverness?

11 points clear of relegation places before Christmas. Archie clearly hasn't a clue.

Hiding? You having a feckng laugh? If your going to try and insinuate something, please have something to back it up with.

Archie is clueless at times, and I have given prime examples, so instead of trying to be smart why don't you try and give facts and defend him?

Hiding? You having a feckng laugh? If your going to try and insinuate something, please have something to back it up with.

Archie is clueless at times, and I have given prime examples, so instead of trying to be smart why don't you try and give facts and defend him?

I just did. 11 points clear suggests he isn't clueless. Can you read?

• Like 1

I just did. 11 points clear suggests he isn't clueless. Can you read?

Edited by 1876Jag