New Years Day Results

angry gaz

10 goals conceded today by our last 2 opponents that we had 1 shots at goal against.

Would Dougie Imrie get into our starting XI?

new year resolution to support the team you claim to support? Yes we all get frustrated at the team and different players but we are not bottom and have a genuine chance of staying up they deserve our support
  • Like 1

Pity league positions aren't decided on goal difference. Fine set of results if we're looking down the table. If you're a bit more glass half full you might have wanted to see St Mirren win.

Happy to see Dross and Midden get beat and long may that continue for the rest of the season!

new year resolution to support the team you claim to support? Yes we all get frustrated at the team and different players but we are not bottom and have a genuine chance of staying up they deserve our support

Make a resolution to keep that troll on ignore, and don't quote his pish - thus sparing everyone else.

A good set of results from our perspective, would hazard a guess that signings in the window will have a huge influence on our prospects. Again, the really frustrating thing is that we should be well clear of the likes of Motherwell etc., if only we had a goal threat!

But! Will there be any new bodies in? Genuine question.

TL what he's saying isn't wrong though. It stood out for me that everyone is beating Dundee whilst we struggled to put the game away and that Hamilton took the game to Motherwell when we couldn't.

• Like 1

So it's official?

We're in a relegation/play off fight?

If we weren't then why are we fixating about results of teams BELOW us...?

& I agree with the point 'The Cup' making. Dundee have had 9 put past them in last 2 games losing both where we only took a point & as for Motherwell...

We know you agree with The Cup - you two are a double act.

And most of us accept that we're in a relegation scrap. It just so happens we're doing pretty well in it, better than last season and with a good sized gap between us and 11th. The fact we're the only team with positive goal difference outside of the top 5 (with the teams below us being -20 or worse) suggests that we'll be fine in the end.

So being opinionated about the frailties in the team makes you a troll.

FWIW I do support the team. I am there at all home games, and most away games.

In 2015 I would like to see us ditch the slow tippy-tappy obvious stuff and try break teams down in other ways.

No, only pointing out the frailties makes you an unbalanced negative drain on most Jags fans whereby your opinion becomes irrelevant.

In 2015 I'd like to read more balanced views from you and the other "trolls" maybe if you can manage that Archie will stop being spite fall and try to win more games!!

So being opinionated about the frailties in the team makes you a troll.

FWIW I do support the team. I am there at all home games, and most away games.

In 2015 I would like to see us ditch the slow tippy-tappy obvious stuff and try break teams down in other ways.

Although I think you can be too negative at times you do make some good points and I think others can be too positive but we all support the team.

We can be too tippy tappy and obvious. We need to mix it up more at times but Archie is doin a good job and he's still learning.

And most of us accept that we're in a relegation scrap. It just so happens we're doing pretty well in it, better than last season and with a good sized gap between us and 11th. The fact we're the only team with positive goal difference outside of the top 5 (with the teams below us being -20 or worse) suggests that we'll be fine in the end.

I'm not really worried about how I agree or disagree with on here.

I'm not like Pea Green Boy or others who choose the ignore button rather than use the forum for debate.

I've said that I think we'll stay up, I've also said that I don't think Archibald the man to take us forward.

We've others on here saying 'wait & see where we are end of Jan'... Then what?

A positive GD of +2 isn't anything to crow about. St Johnstone have a negative GD but are 9 points ahead of us.

All relative.

This.

Simple common sense as always from the Duke, in my opinion. Well said, sir.

No, only pointing out the frailties makes you an unbalanced negative drain on most Jags fans whereby your opinion becomes irrelevant.

In 2015 I'd like to read more balanced views from you and the other "trolls" maybe if you can manage that Archie will stop being spite fall and try to win more games!!

And well said too, Metz.

I'm not really worried about how I agree or disagree with on here.

I'm not like Pea Green Boy or others who choose the ignore button rather than use the forum for debate.

I've said that I think we'll stay up, I've also said that I don't think Archibald the man to take us forward.

We've others on here saying 'wait & see where we are end of Jan'... Then what?

A positive GD of +2 isn't anything to crow about. St Johnstone have a negative GD but are 9 points ahead of us.

All relative.

It's easy just to criticise, but a bit harder to criticise constructively. Genuine question: if you believe that Archie is not the manager we need to move forward, then can you tell us your thoughts about who is that person, where is he/she working now, could we afford to employ him/her?

It's easy just to criticise, but a bit harder to criticise constructively. Genuine question: if you believe that Archie is not the manager we need to move forward, then can you tell us your thoughts about who is that person, where is he/she working now, could we afford to employ him/her?

If we're thinking solely about managers out of work just now that have managed in SPL & a higher level then 3 spring to mind.

McCall, Mowbray & Lomas.

The problem being none are a jags 'legend'.

Genuine question to BJ, Duke, Metz, TL & yourself jaggernaut.

What do you define as progress this season? Above 10th?

I'm not particularly looking at current league position or positive GD, I'm looking at fact the same mistakes occurring with the same rigid system.

All I read on here is "he's still learning" so here's another question. When does he stop becoming a 'novice manager'?

I think we're going backwards in terms of the product we're watching on the park along with the other reasons I've stated.

If we're thinking solely about managers out of work just now that have managed in SPL & a higher level then 3 spring to mind.

McCall, Mowbray & Lomas.

The problem being none are a jags 'legend'.

I'm not particularly looking at current league position or positive GD, I'm looking at fact the same mistakes occurring with the same rigid system.

All I read on here is "he's still learning" so here's another question. When does he stop becoming a 'novice manager'?

I think we're going backwards in terms of the product we're watching on the park along with the other reasons I've stated.

There is no guarantee that any of the three out-of-work managers you mention would do Thistle any good. They are out of work for a reason.

If we finish above 10th it will be undeniable progress compared to last season.

I'd also like to see good attacking football and solid defending every week. Virtually no team can produce it week in week out. There's too strong a sense of deja vu in the way we drop points, I agree, but those events are often as much the fault of individual players as the management.

I already consider what I have seen this season to represent genuine progress over last season. This is based on the fact that we're clearly a better team. Clearly any position above 10th would be, by definition, progress.

As for your second question, I'm not sure if I can give you a figure, but I suggest that 23 months into your first management job means that you're still a novice. During that time he's won promotion, kept us up, and looks to be improving on that again this season. I'm happy with that, myself.

• Like 3