Next 3 Games

CCJags

I don't normally comment on here but looking at our next 3 fixtures of Hamilton (H), Killie (A) and St Mirren (H) then I cant help feel that

these could make or break our season!

If we can achieve the miracle of 3 "consistent" results and get 7/9 points then I think we can really start looking up/safer and maybe even start talking to the out of contract players NOW rather than in May!

None of these teams are that great IMO (Hamilton have done brilliantly) but gain 0/1 point from 3 game and its mega squeeky bum time!!

We've averaged just over 1 point per game so it doesn't look likely that we'll win all 3.

Realistically we'll probably get 3 or 4 points from them. 6 would be very good, 1 would be relegation form and 9 would be Archie for PM.

As long as we beat St Mirren we can afford to lose to Killie and draw with Hamilton.

• Like 2

We've averaged just over 1 point per game so it doesn't look likely that we'll win all 3.

Realistically we'll probably get 3 or 4 points from them. 6 would be very good, 1 would be relegation form and 9 would be Archie for PM.

As long as we beat St Mirren we can afford to lose to Killie and draw with Hamilton.

Saved for future blackmail use :)

I made a comment over Christmas that it was actually a 7 game streak that was important - the last two games against St Jonstone and County (obviously postponed) the three mentioned (Hamilton, Killie, St Mirren), followed by Dundee and County again.

All winnable and all of the teams around us. By end of 21st Feb, I think we will know how we will fare this year.

It is fine for players to think this, and for us to talk about it, but I really hope Archie doesn't talk to the players about it. All good managers say they only ever talk about the next game as that is the only way to focus the players and let them see the importance of it.

Anyway, I'm surprisingly optimistic for tomorrow night!

Only problem here is that StM is the last of the 3 and if we have lost the other 2, this forum will be in meltdown

Why? It suits his agenda. Archie would have to resign as manager to take over from Dave the Rave and keep his beloved Bumbling Boris out of Downing Street. :thumbsup2:

Boris for the Jags!

Like all (most) Thistle fans I want Archie to be a success and lead us to the top 6 / Europe / Cup wins.

Will it happen though?

I don't normally comment on here but looking at our next 3 fixtures of Hamilton (H), Killie (A) and St Mirren (H) then I cant help feel that

these could make or break our season!

If we can achieve the miracle of 3 "consistent" results and get 7/9 points then I think we can really start looking up/safer and maybe even start talking to the out of contract players NOW rather than in May!

None of these teams are that great IMO (Hamilton have done brilliantly) but gain 0/1 point from 3 game and its mega squeeky bum time!!

Only problem here is that StM is the last of the 3 and if we have lost the other 2, this forum will be in meltdown

This is the start of the third round of matches, the next three fixtures being a repeat of games played early in the season.

On that basis, one point would be an improvement.

Good start tonight.

Ross County and St Mirren are so poor, I reckon 30 points would be at least enough to avoid the relegation spot and possibly even the play off spot too. If we win the next two games I can't see us finishing in the bottom two. Then again, we can't get two consistent results never mind three.

Ross County and St Mirren are so poor, I reckon 30 points would be at least enough to avoid the relegation spot and possibly even the play off spot too. If we win the next two games I can't see us finishing in the bottom two. Then again, we can't get two consistent results never mind three.

No chance 30 will be enough. After the split the bottom six take points off each other.

40 has to be the target. One that we frankly shouldn't even be thinking about had we done our job properly until now.

Damn right I'm happy tonight, though!!!

No chance 30 will be enough. After the split the bottom six take points off each other.

40 has to be the target. One that we frankly shouldn't even be thinking about had we done our job properly until now.

Damn right I'm happy tonight, though!!!

True, but St Mirren currently have 15 points from 23 matches, averaging 0.65 points per game. They will need 5 points from 15 games to reach 30 points. I reckon they can do this, but they won't get much more than 15 points more, depending of course on how the transfer window goes.

True, but St Mirren currently have 15 points from 23 matches, averaging 0.65 points per game. They will need 5 points from 15 games to reach 30 points. I reckon they can do this, but they won't get much more than 15 points more, depending of course on how the transfer window goes.

I think there is a statistical mistake in there somewhere, but anyway, my point is that the last five games after the split can skew whatever happens after 33 games, provided teams are within up to 10 points of safety.

See Hibs last season. Who honestly thought they would go down even after we beat them in mid-March?

Realistically I'd take a defeat to Kilmarnock if we won against St Mirren, thats the big game to keep us outwith touching distance of them.

I spoke before the Hamilton game about us getting back into the right mental state, as recently we hadn't been looking so hungry. Whatever Archie said midweek it worked, and if we go out with the same attitude each week, we will easily climb the league - we have the ability, its about getting it out.

Realistically I'd take a defeat to Kilmarnock if we won against St Mirren, thats the big game to keep us outwith touching distance of them.

I spoke before the Hamilton game about us getting back into the right mental state, as recently we hadn't been looking so hungry. Whatever Archie said midweek it worked, and if we go out with the same attitude each week, we will easily climb the league - we have the ability, its about getting it out.

I would say U have that the wrong way round bud,beat Killie and we go above them. No need to be looking over our shoulder.

beat killie and beat st mirren, and we ensure killie are another buffer between us and the bottom two.

but on a wider point, we have no reason to be looking down, and agree with your second point ..... and likewise i commented at weekend about our mental attitude, and if tonights attitude is replicated in future games we'll be doing just dandy. hell, some of the biggest complainers may even be happy with our league position and manager if we can do this.