Can I Be The First To Say.....

La Scimmia Rossa

I am happy to debate with reasonable people. People who can at least post in reasonable English and can construct something worthwhile. I wont be indulgin in debate with clowns.

Since the advent of online forums etc i have been bitterly critical of two managers. Gerry Collins and Dick Campbell. I am happy to stand by that criticism.

The era of DC is not a time i remember fondly, given that the club threatened me with legal action in a letter received the day after my son was born. That in part, was the reason for my non attendance during that time. I wasn't the only one who was lost to the cause during that era. It's the only time in 38 years i have actively decided to saty away from Firhill.

I'm glad it was brought up though. It serves as a timely remember that things might be relatively poor over the last few games but they are nowhere near as bad as then. It also serves as a reminder that if you make the wrong decision as a club, you are in danger of disappearing into the wilderness for a decade. Think on.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa
  • Like 2

I am happy to debate with reasonable people. People who can at least post in reasonable English and can construct something worthwhile. I wont be indulgin in debate with clowns.

Since the advent of online forums etc i have been bitterly critical of two managers. Gerry Collins and Dick Campbell. I am happy to stand by that criticism.

The era of DC is not a time i remember fondly, given that the club threatened me with legal action in a letter received the day after my son was born. That in part, was the reason for my non attendance during that time. I wasn't the only one who was lost to the cause during that era. It's the only time in 38 years i have actively decided to saty away from Firhill.

I'm glad it was brought up though. It serves as a timely remember that things might be relatively poor over the last few games but they are nowhere near as bad as then. It also serves as a reminder that if you make the wrong decision as a club, you are in danger of disappearing into the wilderness for a decade. Think on.

You are spot on regarding this. Anybody comparing this to the Dickie era are frankly off their trolleys and in need of serious help

• Like 1

People that can post in reasonable English?

Moronic, *****, knobs... Not to mention indulgin!!

I notice you answered the DC point but not the 2 up front.

The KIlmarnock situation as per Lindau's post is interesting. Not sure i'd believe much Eccleston says. Does anyone think he wasn't given a proper chance? Genuine question.

I think Eccleston had two main issues which limited his playing time, neither of which were entirely his fault. Firstly, I don't think he can play as a lone striker; his movement always looked like it needed to be complimented by a fellow striker. Secondly, I think he thrives on playing on a defender's shoulder which relies on a more direct style of football - something that we seem to be playing more of now that Taylor has returned, ironically.

Subsequently, I think he might do reasonably well at Killie should he stay beyond the end of this season. Their style may well just suit him perfectly and pairing him off with a physical partner like Magennis could be fruitful.

It is an indisputable fact that a high percentage of Thistle fans have not a clue, sadly they are usually the drink fuelled clowns that shout loudest on a Saturday.

So the majority of Jags fans are pissed up and have no clue about football??

Saturday was a disgrace and in 33 years of following Thistle was one of the most inept, gutless performances I have seen from any of those teams. I've seen crap teams under Rooney offer more dig, poor teams under Lamont's team have more fight.

I will (to an extent) accept a defeat when the players, try a leg, give a shift and give a shit. Most of them never on Saturday.

People give up their time and hard earned cash to follow Thistle, some making the pilgrimage from great distances, none of us expect a win every week or even the majority of weeks, what we do expect is a team that tries, gives its all for the club, the fans,and it's manager and that team on Saturday never

• Like 1

"So the majority of Jags fans are pissed up and have no clue about football??

Saturday was a disgrace and in 33 years of following Thistle was one of the most inept, gutless performances I have seen from any of those teams. I've seen crap teams under Rooney offer more dig, poor teams under Lamont's team have more fight. "

These two sentences . Prove the point perfectly. Don't you think? Worse performance in 33 years? Over-exaggerated nonsense.

To even equate Saturday's performance with the worst of the Johnstone era for example, is ridiculous. You think Saturday was worse than being pumped by Gretna? Really?

Saturday was a disgrace and in 33 years of following Thistle was one of the most inept, gutless performances I have seen from any of those teams. I've seen crap teams under Rooney offer more dig, poor teams under Lamont's team have more fight. "

These two sentences . Prove the point perfectly. Don't you think? Worse performance in 33 years? Over-exaggerated nonsense.

To even equate Saturday's performance with the worst of the Johnstone era for example, is ridiculous. You think Saturday was worse than being pumped by Gretna? Really?

I don't think it's unreasonable to say that Saturday's performance reminded you of performances under DC because it was that bad

At the moment we are going backwards and the manager needs to sort it, that's his job

I don't think it's unreasonable to say that Saturday's performance reminded you of performances under DC because it was that bad

At the moment we are going backwards and the manager needs to sort it, that's his job

Lay off the manager. Did you not see he played 2 up front 2nd half on Satursay?

He did that to prove to the morons & knobs on here that we can't play 2 up front.

Forget the fact that he himself said last Summer (check the quote) that we would be looking to employ different tactics in certain games & they'd be working on that in pre season.

That worked eh?

The Monkey Red is right. The p!ssed up, knobs & morons know nothing. Whereas Alan Archibald, who is still learning the job btw, is the greatest manager since.... Well, compared to DC he's a great manager as he got us promoted to SPL & kept us up.

I'll say this for Saturday, I've never seen so many players chuck it on the pitch for PTFC in 40 years. The 6-0 hammering etc Gretna gave us, the Johnstone era, Lamont, Rooney even Collins, the players ran around like headless chickens & many weren't veery good. None of them ripped off capt armband or stood still on park not bothering to track runner.

We have a top 6 squad according to the coaching staff & players. Then they wonder why fans post on boards like this wondering what the hell is going on behind the scenes.

The BoD won't sack Archibald, I know that but if people on here are seriously still defending hm when Saturday was his team, as in signings- I'd include Elliot who McNamara saw as a striker but the tactical genius that AA is sees him elsewhere (Davie Irons this is not) minus SOD- & his tactics. Both halves Monkey Red.

Your argument yesterday that 2nd half proved we cannot play 2 up top is correct but to say that almost that it vindicates the manager who refuses to play it is ridiculous.

What does he do at training all week?

It's not defending corners either I'm guessing. The County player on the penalty spot who was able to slowly control the ball & get his shot away after one of their corners is typical of our corner defending- especially n recent weeks.

Nor is it closing out games. 85+ Min concessions have almost become the norm.

I've no doubt you'll disappear again as it's the moronic element on here only to reappear with a 'get it up ye' thread if/when we stay up.

As things stand, if/when we stay up it won't be because of what we do on the park, it'll be because of others.

Then the fun will begin in the Summer with half a team required.

He knew we needed a left back from Aug 2013 but didn't mange to get one. Goodness knows how we'll get half a team in. Maybe hire Pressley as our chief scout? Good few of our team have come from his recommendations anyway.

Got lucky to an extent with McMillan filling in nicely but your superstar loan signing from Hibs not really cutting it either is he?

Maybe he's still learning also?

So you see Javeajag, it's not the manger's fault that we're p!ssed up & moronic etc. We should lay off hm. He knows what he's doing you see. Compare him to DC & all is good.

• Like 1

How anyone who has watched Thistle for the last 33 years can claim that that performance was worse than those witnessed under Johnstone, Sandy Clark , Gerry Colllins and Dick Campbell is just daft. 3 out of four of them took Thistle to the bottom half of the division below. The other didn't win a game in the top league.

On any measurable level, this team is one of the best in the last 33 years. Not suggesting there aren't issues but to compare it to the likes of those teams? It is absolutely ridiculous to make that comparison and only serves to show up some Thistle fans for what they are. Idiots.

Seriously. The more reasoned posters need to step up here. Put these clowns in their place.

How anyone who has watched Thistle for the last 33 years can claim that that performance was worse than those witnessed under Johnstone, Sandy Clark , Gerry Colllins and Dick Campbell is just daft. 3 out of four of them took Thistle to the bottom half of the division below. The other didn't win a game in the top league.

On any measurable level, this team is one of the best in the last 33 years. Not suggesting there aren't issues but to compare it to the likes of those teams? It is absolutely ridiculous to make that comparison and only serves to show up some Thistle fans for what they are. Idiots.

Seriously. The more reasoned posters need to step up here. Put these clowns in their place.

So you're telling me that you've seen players physically give up like they did Saturday?

I'm not talking worse performances, I'm talking about players chucking it.

As for today's insult. There's an 'idiot' on here that claimed yesterday that AA showed 2nd half Sat why we don't play 2 up top.

In other words confirming he has a plan A & no idea how to change it when things aren't going right.

Next you'll be telling us that that the shamboilic defending at corners has nothing to do with the manager as why should he set them up to defend?

Or the amount of goals we've conceded/points lost from 85mins + is a coincidence & nothing to do with management or coaching.

& yet some of us are idiots...

Like I said yesterday, go figure!!

Edited by Bleeding Gums Murphy

Why don't you read the post again? He doesn't say it was the worst performance in 33 years.

What a shambles. For you own sake you need to stop posting.

Saturday was far worse to the Gretna games on a whole other level.

It wasn't even close to being one of the worse performances. Beaten by Albion Rovers? 7-3 by St Johnstone, pumped by Gretna twice. The whole of the Derek Johmstone era? If I could be bothered I could list three dozen worse performances.

And then you have people arguing that it was like the DC era. Another poster saying it was worse than those Gretna games. Keep it up. It's proving the point perfectly.

It wasn't even close to being one of the worse performances. Beaten by Albion Rovers? 7-3 by St Johnstone, pumped by Gretna twice. The whole of the Derek Johmstone era? If I could be bothered I could list three dozen worse performances. And then you have people arguing that it was like the DC era. Another poster saying it was worse than those Gretna games. Keep it up. It's proving the point perfectly.

He's right and you're wrong, again. Saturday was far worse than the Gretna games.

Gretna had the 3rd biggest wage budget in Scotland in the lower leagues. They beat teams 4-0 and 5-0 regularly. They got to the Scottish Cup final when in the first division, beating SPL teams on the way. They were far better than us on a massive scale.

Losing those games was about the same as Celtic beating us 6-0 earlier in the season. Where was your meltdown after that?

As for the DC era. AA is probably at the same level of incompetent baboon-ery.

La Scimmia Rossa may not be everyone's cup of tea, I can't help but agree with most of his points.

To in anyway compare Alan Archibald's team with the previous woeful sides from previous years such as Dick Campbell, Derek Whyte & Gerry Britton, Gerry Collins or even further back to Sandy Clark, Derek Johnstone, Benny Rooney... need I go on.

Thistle are on a terrible run, there is no doubt at all about that.

However, under Alan Archibald (and MacNamara before him) we as Thistle fans have been fortunate enough to watch possibly the best Thistle team in our recent history.

Archie has his faults, some decisions seem baffling but he has done an absolutely incredible job at Firhill, a job that will serve us for years to come. When was the last time we actually had some sort of proper youth system?

In my opinion, we have on paper the best squad of players in my memory. Ok, were going through a terrible patch but some people actually seem to prefer this, they are in their element. Changing the manager at this point of the season would be ludicrous, everything wouldn't be sorted if we changed boss - didn't exactly work out for Motherwell did it? St Mirren?

One thing is for sure though: Thistle will stay up. You can quote me on that.

Edited by AlwaysOutnumbered...

To be honest there are posters on here that just grind you down. Don't see them for dust when the team is doing well, but they return like baying dogs when we hit a slump. Saying exact same things as last year, then when we stayed up, they disappeared like Peter Brady. My own opinion is that we are in a major scrap to stay up. If we do, the manager will probably have met his job description. He gets my backing till the end of the season. If we go down, that opinion is likely to change. Saturday was a shocker of a display, no ifs, no buts, but comparing one display to the Johnstone, Campbell, Lamont era's is totally ludicrous. Previous week, if Doolan takes the right option with seconds to go, we would have got three points at Dens and points that their manager said we deserved. Chances are I won't be back on here too often till the end of the season as it's like watching constant repeats on the telly and frankly it's just boring now, reading the same 3/4 posters just rehashing everything on a daily basis. Supporters should be just that. The club needs the supporters now to help the club through this. If we can't, then the supporters have every right to question the managers position....at the end of the season!

• Like 2

It wasn't even close to being one of the worse performances. Beaten by Albion Rovers? 7-3 by St Johnstone, pumped by Gretna twice. The whole of the Derek Johmstone era? If I could be bothered I could list three dozen worse performances.

And then you have people arguing that it was like the DC era. Another poster saying it was worse than those Gretna games. Keep it up. It's proving the point perfectly.

You're doing that fine by yourself.

You've yet to answer where in any of these games the players visibly chucked it like Saturday.

Nor have you even attempted to replying to how you believe that the inability to play 2 up front, as you yourself admit happened on Sat, has vindicated the manager's decision not to do so before now.

Liking how you keep harking back to DC era also when, by your own admission, you weren't there for most of it.

Perhaps you'll next sugger that the moronic, p!sssd up, knobs & idiots that some of us clearly are to you, take a leaf out your book & stop attending games because they don't like the manager?

This has to be a joke? Or proves that The Cup's opinion is completely invalid. To even compare Archie or his team with Dick Campbell is bonkers.

The players we have now are very good. That's the reason we are 9th.

Why are we not higher?

The answer is because AA is a complete dud. His inability to organise the team, discipline them and get them match fit has broken down a good squad of players into the complete shambles that has taken to the field recently.

If we stay up it will be because of a good effort by the players to turn it around, nothing to do with the manager.

The players we have now are very good. That's the reason we are 9th.

Why are we not higher?

The answer is because AA is a complete dud. His inability to organise the team, discipline them and get them match fit has broken down a good squad of players into the complete shambles that has taken to the field recently.

If we stay up it will be because of a good effort by the players to turn it around, nothing to do with the manager.

Your opinion is invalid. :happy2: