Poor Performance By The Fans

erty13

The team were very poor yesterday and completely lack confidence,however too many supporters take pleasure in shouting abuse after every misplaced pass or tackle.

This does not help the teams confidence. They were all terrified yesterday of making mistakes

There is a reason most teams have a better home record. It is the support the home fans give the team drives them on.

Even the Celtic fans got behind their keeper, when he made two massive mistakes that cost them two goals.

Next home game, can we all support the team,and try not to destroy their confidence during the game.

Erty13

• Like 3

The team were very poor yesterday and completely lack confidence,however too many supporters take pleasure in shouting abuse after every misplaced pass or tackle.

This does not help the teams confidence. They were all terrified yesterday of making mistakes

There is a reason most teams have a better home record. It is the support the home fans give the team drives them on.

Even the Celtic fans got behind their keeper, when he made two massive mistakes that cost them two goals.

Next home game, can we all support the team,and try not to destroy their confidence during the game.

Erty13

Truthfully, I've never booed the team. As much as I vent anger & frustration on here I've never booed the team.

However, to be fair to the fans that did boo, they've paid good money & watched us churn out utter sh!te for the past month or so.

Everything from the mangers team selection vs Inverness to the St Mirren hoofball game. Awful set piece defending to yesterday's rubbish. Last minute goals to players looking disinterested.

The majority of fans have reached breaking point. Why shouldn't they vent their frustrations? They pay good money.

What do you suggest? They accept something like yesterday after the past few months and clap the team off?

There's something stinks in the land of PTFC. The fans aren't party to that. Should we just turn up like lemons, lay good money and go home happy whatever the result.

Get a grip.

The fans are paying good money to watch poor football from a team that doesn't look intrested. No wonder the fans were booing. They are entitled to.

And for the players (apart from Gallagher and taylor) everyone couldn't wait to get down that tunnel when the ref blew the final whistle. Not one had the decency to turn applaud the fans for turning up and paying their money and take the critisism like they deserved.

You seen a couple of weeks ago when Dortmund lost another home game to keep them bottom of the league the players going over to the fans apologising and try to reason with the fans and explain what went wrong. I'm not saying that the players should have done that but at least show a bit of respect to the fans who turn up week in week out and over the past few weeks have put up with awful performances.

Fans pay good money and are entitled to boo. But they're hurting the team by doing so. So they have to decide whether this is what they want to do.

They're hurting the team?

Sorry Allyo, most of this lot don't give a monkey's whether they're booed or not as they're off at the end of the season.

It is he old adage of if you're dissatisfied with a product you buy in a shop, you take it back and get you're kney back.

Well yesterday was one of those occasions that the money should've been refunded. In seeing that's never going to happen then a few boos... They're lucky that was it imo.

We won't agree, fair enough.

I don't feel this anger and bitterness towards the team because I belive that confidence is the issue, not effort. I know it can look that way but I don't believe that the players don't care or aren't trying.

But it does seem that I'm in the minority.

• Like 1

I don't feel this anger and bitterness towards the team because I belive that confidence is the issue, not effort. I know it can look that way but I don't believe that the players don't care or aren't trying.

Seriously?

Did you watch our last 20 minutes yesterday?

They chucked it, simples.

Where I was sitting the boos started after two or three minutes. What I said was support the team during the game. I have no problem with anyone getting upset when we lose a goal, but the constant abuse destroyed a fragile team further.

Do you genuinely believe that constantly having a go at the players does any good, or do you just do it to make yourself feel better.

• Like 1

Truthfully, I've never booed the team. As much as I vent anger & frustration on here I've never booed the team.

However, to be fair to the fans that did boo, they've paid good money & watched us churn out utter sh!te for the past month or so.

Everything from the mangers team selection vs Inverness to the St Mirren hoofball game. Awful set piece defending to yesterday's rubbish. Last minute goals to players looking disinterested.

The majority of fans have reached breaking point. Why shouldn't they vent their frustrations? They pay good money.

What do you suggest? They accept something like yesterday after the past few months and clap the team off?

There's something stinks in the land of PTFC. The fans aren't party to that. Should we just turn up like lemons, lay good money and go home happy whatever the result.

Get a grip.

Lemons?????

Where I was sitting the boos started after two or three minutes. What I said was support the team during the game. I have no problem with anyone getting upset when we lose a goal, but the constant abuse destroyed a fragile team further.

Do you genuinely believe that constantly having a go at the players does any good, or do you just do it to make yourself feel better.

All I can say is that I didn't hear any discontent or booing until HT then in 2nd half probably after their 2nd goal as Gallacher pen save seemed to give the crowd a second wind at least!!

Seriously?

Did you watch our last 20 minutes yesterday?

They chucked it, simples.

Yep. Seriously.

Confidence is shot, players are frustrated and don't believe they'll get anything. Doesn't mean they're not responsible, and they need to fight their way out of it, but having the fans booing them isn't going to help them do this.

I really enjoy threads like this. The guys who just can't see past the team/manager decide that instead of looking to mount the usual (and sometimes credible) defence of them, decide that it was the fans fault. Desperate indeed.

I just cannot take the argument that confidence is the issue. The issue to me is arrogance and a complete lack of effort on a huge scale. We absolutely pummelled that county team on day 1 this season, SOD and Fraser were magnificent. You've now got...

Fraser - on a 3 year deal. Comfortable. Hasn't done anything of note for months. Spends his days pinging nonsense 50 yard passes. Normally at least gives the impression of trying, however yesterday he made a cowardly attempt to foul the guy before the 2nd goal, was doing nothing for the third, and then gestured at the JH. An absolute disgrace of a performance. Remember this is a guy we stood by when be assaulted someone. To get that in return is unforgivable. This guy is a loser and shouldn't be near our team. At least Craigen cares - get him in.

SOD - this guy is an absolute imposter. Fancies himself as a big time Charlie because he rejected a move to Blackpool. Harps on about the top 6 when in fact he is a dead average right back who can't defend, can't keep himself in position, produces a good cross once in a blue moon. A waste of a jersey. Get him out the team NOW.

Dan Seabourne was a guy who I thought was a good committed player. However he tried to get himself sent off yesterday with one of the most embarrassing tackles ever seen. Captain skills of Grant Murray. A pathetic captain and a dreadful role model. I'd have him dropped alongside that absolute haddy next to him Frans. Balatoni and Liam Lindsay for me - at least they care. Frans has a case of the Billy Gibsons. Play well for a few games to get your contract (Gibson did it for years) and then show true colours. This guy is just as bad as Seabourne and his efforts are pathetic.

Abdul Osman was a zero yesterday. That pass in the second half was one of the worst things I've ever seen. He should have been hooked immediately and protected (I actually think he isn't such a bad player) however our manager left him out to dry. He is the only guy I will take the confidence point on - potentially Stevo too - why was he not our captain yesterday if the young boys think so much of him.

Yesterday was a hark right back to the dark ages. I raise you the 3-0 home defeat against Stirling Albion when Colin Stewart was playing as an equal. On the manager - subbed an (albeit dreadful) left back and put Elliot (no problem with effort from him - but he was dreadful yesterday) into his place. WHY. Kept Lawless on the bench and put that zero Higgi on. WHY. Stood arms folded with no clue and no plan B. I don't advocate him being sacked yet - but I'd say he needs to make a last stand.

Turning finally to an issue that is clearly causing problems. McMillan. A statement here is a must. Our best left and right back - indeed probably our POTY and we don't know where he is. I appreciate that there may be good reason - but I for one would like clarity.

Lyle Taylor must be wondering what he has come back to. He was having to defend, win the ball in the middle, spread the play, cross it and try get on the end of it yesterday.

My team next week would show (again) significant changes - this time though for very good reason.

Gallacher, Booth (ideally Finnie and McMillan), McMillan, Balatoni, Lindsay/Richards Everton, Craigen, Bannigan, Elliot, Doolan, Stevenson, Taylor.

Edited by stuartaytonspeaksfrench
  • Like 3

I really enjoy threads like this. The guys who just can't see past the team/manager decide that instead of looking to mount the usual (and sometimes credible) defence of them, instead decide that it was the fans fault. Desperate indeed.

I just cannot take the argument that confidence is the issue. The issue to me is arrogance and a complete lack of effort on a huge scale. We absolutely pummelled that county team on day 1 this season, SOD and Fraser were magnificent. You've now got...

Fraser - on a 3 year deal. Comfortable. Hasn't done anything of note for months. Spends his days pinging nonsense 50 yard passes. Normally at least gives the impression of trying, however yesterday he made a cowardly attempt to foul the guy before the 2nd goal, was doing nothing for the third, and then gestured at the JH. An absolute disgrace of a performance. Remember this is a guy we stood by when be assaulted someone. To get that in return is unforgivable. This guy is a loser and shouldn't be near our team. At least Craigsn cares - get him in.

SOD - this guy is an absolute imposter. Fancies himself as a big time Charlie because he rejected a move to Blackpool. Harps on about the top 6 when in fact he is s dead average right back who can't defend, can't keep himself in position, produces a good cross once in a blue moon. A waste of a jersey. Get him out the team NOW.

Dan Seabourne was a guy who I thought was a good committed player. However he tried to get himself sent off yesterday with one of the most embarrassing tackles ever seen. Captain skills of Grant Murray. A pathetic captain and a dreadful role model. I'd have him dropped alongside that absolute haddy next to him Frans. Balatoni and Liam Lindsay for me - at least they care. Frans has a case of the Billy Gibsons. Play well for a few games to get your contract (Gibson did it for years) and then show true colours. This guy is just as bad as Seabourne and his efforts are pathetic.

Abdul Osman was a zero yesterday. That pass in the second half was one of the worst things I've ever seen. He should have been hooked immediately and protected (I actually think he isn't such a bad player) however our manager left him out to dry. He is the only guy I will take the confidence point on - potentially Stevo too - why was he not our captain yesterday if the young boys think so much of him.

Yesterday was a hark right back to the dark ages. I raise you the 3-0 home defeat against Stirling Albion when Colin Stewart was playing as an equal. On the manager - subbed an (albeit dreadful) left back and put Elliot (no problem with effort for him - but he was dreadful yesterday) into his place. WHY. Kept Lawless on the bench and put that zero Higgi on. WHY. Stood arms folded with no clue and no plan B. I don't advocate him being sacked yet - but I'd say he needs to make a last stand.

Turning finally to an issue that is clearly causing an issue. McMillan. A statement here is a must. Our best left and right back - indeed probably our POTY and we don't know where he is. I appreciate that there may be god reason - but I for one would like clarity.

Lyle Taylor must be wondering what he has come back to. He was having to defend, win the ball in the middle, spread the play, cross it and try get on the end of it yesterday.

My team next week would show (again) significant changes - this time though for very good reason.

Gallacher, Booth, McMillan, Balatoni, Lindsay/Richards Everton, Craigen, Bannigan, Elliot, Doolan, Stevenson, Taylor.

Run out of likes but

Lindsay away to Airdrie on loan & I'd have Finnie/Keenan as full backs with McDaid starting ahead of Elliot.

But yes, desperate times calls for desperate measures.

Was thinking last night and the last game I truthfully remember any fight or determination is the DU home game,

You know, the one where the squad hit by flu. Made up by youngsters and players who climbed out their sickbed.

Don't remember Caotain Seabiscuit making himself available that day.

Obviously his tights had ripped again or he didn't fancy it as was too cold.

• Like 1

Where I was in the JHS there wasn't much booing till HT and even that wasn't for long

Fans are entitled to be exasperated by performances like yesterday

Quite to cheer much yesterday !

it could be argued that the players perfpanced are hurting the fans

I think that could be very justifiably argued, and that being the case I'd hope that the players have a look at themselves and would want to turn that around, get everyone on the same side. Same goes.

Anyone who doesn't realise this team are in absolute free-fall is I'm afraid likely to be in for a very rude awakening.

I really and truly hope I am made to look like an absolute twat, but at the moment it doesn't look like it. To be totally honest I care much less about my personal reputation for perspicacity, than the fate and reputation of the football club that I have invested so much time, commitment,emotion and money in over the years seems to be disintegrating in front of my eyes.

I'm not claiming the end of the world is nigh, but come on you wouldn't have to be a genius to work out that there is something seriously wrong at Firhill and has been for several months now.

• Like 1

Interesting to note that after 27 games of last season, Hibs were sitting on 32 points, 8 clear of St mirren in 11th place. They were on a run where there players looked short on confidence and there manager didn't look like he knew how to change it. Sound familiar? They only managed another 3 points all season. When I look at our remaining games before the split I struggle to see where 3 points are coming from. Worrying times indeed. Could this be why the fans are restless and venting their frustrations?

Moaners? Seriously?

You can pick 7 or 8 players yesterday that showed a complete lack of respect for the fans, manager and club by turning in a disgraceful performance.

They clearly don't want to be there. How would encouraging them help?

They're lucky all they get is moaned at. Lambie would have rightly bounced a toaster off Seabourne's face.

• Like 2