Mcmillan

BowenBoys

Now out in public. Failed a drugs test after the league defeat at Celtic. He is appealing.

Isn't it a bit odd that the club isn't supporting him until his appeal is heard? Let's say he wins his appeal; would that then make it possible for him to take action agains the club?

The story in the Record must be rubbish. I'm sure someone on here was adamant that something happened on the Xmas night out and as a consequence the players had no time and no respect for Archie and didn't want to play. Or wanted to play too much and got shirty about it on social media. And had all chucked it. With one or two possible exceptions.

Don't know how they managed to win yesterday. Probably all involved in a betting coup. Or maybe they just played better than the opposition this week and didn't suffer from freak goals, bad luck or being punished for mistakes.

Here's hoping it is the latter and we see more of it between now and seasons' end.

• Like 3

The story in the Record must be rubbish. I'm sure someone on here was adamant that something happened on the Xmas night out and as a consequence the players had no time and no respect for Archie and didn't want to play. Or wanted to play too much and got shirty about it on social media. And had all chucked it. With one or two possible exceptions.

Don't know how they managed to win yesterday. Probably all involved in a betting coup. Or maybe they just played better than the opposition this week and didn't suffer from freak goals, bad luck or being punished for mistakes.

Here's hoping it is the latter and we see more of it between now and seasons' end.

If the story in the record is rubbish as you say they are leaving themselves wide open for a libel case, I'd imagine they would have checked their sources prior to print

If the story in the record is rubbish as you say they are leaving themselves wide open for a libel case, I'd imagine they would have checked their sources prior to print

I might be wrong but I'm getting the impression that he was slating those who claimed to be ITK & that it happened at the Christmas Party.

Yes,..cough cough..so does mine..what can you do?...wish she would get a "quality" rag that tells the truth :lol:

Indeed Andy, I tried to get her interested in the Daily Sport years ago, but failed miserably. Only thing I like about the Snail is the racing pages!!

I doubt any Club will be showing much interest in him at the moment. He must be facing a fairly long spell on the sidelines. I only hope we don't get points docked because of it.

Is that a possibility? I wouldn't have thought so; not the club's fault if a player turns out to have been drinking or partaking in something else before a match.

If the drug is the same as was rumoured, he's got next to no chance of playing anywhere this season. Mensing got a month's ban for using a banned substance in a dietary supplement.

Regardless, he clearly has an addiction problem. Unless that's sorted, he's going re-offend. Personally i don't care. He's caused a whole lot of unnecessary upheaval. The SFA should throw the book at him.

Is that a possibility? I wouldn't have thought so; not the club's fault if a player turns out to have been drinking or partaking in something else before a match.

Not if I'm reading section 9 of the SFA's Anti-Doping Regulations correctly.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Anti-DopingCharter/Anti-dopingcharter/ANTI-DOPING_REGULATIONS_2013.pdf

Edited by Tom Hosie

So do you think we should be worried?

Have any other teams in Scotland had points deducted because of players taking banned substances?

I don't know the circumstances or accuracy of the Daily Rancid story but no I don't think we need worry.

Although I was worried enough to check the SFA's Anti-Doping Regulations! :-)

Well I most certainly worry,

There's also two unwritten laws that could be applied. As briefly mentioned in another thread there's the "Motherwell Rule", which might be brought into operation. In addition there's the all so obvious joint interest of Messrs Regan & Doncaster in ensuring the speediest return to the top flight of sevco. No doubt tucked nicely away under A. O. B. (arching over backwards).

We're doomed, I tell you.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

Well I most certainly worry,

There's also two unwritten laws that could be applied. As briefly mentioned in another thread there's the "Motherwell Rule", which might be brought into operation. In addition there's the all so obvious joint interest of Messrs Regan & Doncaster in ensuring the speediest return to the top flight of sevco. No doubt tucked nicely away under A. O. B. (arching over backwards).

We're doomed, I tell you.

Agreed, if we survive and Sevco don't get promoted I can see us getting demoted with them taking our place because of this. Nobody should be shocked or surprised.

Haven't had time to catch up on any official story this morning. Do we know if he failed a test provided by the SFA or by the club?

I assume that it wasn't a SFA/SPFL test as any investigation and disciplinary action would surely then have been taken by the football authorities. It seems clear that there has been an internal investigation by the club and the decision to terminate the player's contract was taken by Thistle.

My view on the crime and punishment would be different if we were facing a points deduction and he has been our best left back this season but as I didn't rate McMillan as more than a decent squad player, I'm not that bothered that he has left.