County Game

Highlandjag

Not sure I've ever been to a game when higgy hasn't got booked for a needless tackle that he can never win. Studs up from behind or sliding on a wet pitch. He is our Ian black, albeit a better player.

Brainless and certainly not thinking of the team.

Undoubtedly talented, obviously selfish. And on poor form at the moment.

Perhaps a bit unlucky not to get a point. County just blootered the ball away for the last twenty minutes. Can't complain about the ten remaining on the park in terms of effort. As usual we struggled more than our opponents in windy conditions.

We'd just decided to go two up top when Higgy gets himself sent off. We were forced then into using the full backs as wingers. Wilson came on and did a good box to box job.

My biggest gripe today was our total lack of composure. We had plenty of time to level the game, best part of an hour and mostly with the wind behind us. One of the biggest culprits was Gallacher. Don't like criticising Paul, he did make a fine stop later on, but there was virtually zero building up from the back today. True the conditions weren't conducive to silky football but there has to be a happy medium. Completely missing out the midfield almost continually was very unproductive.

• Like 1

Not long back from Dingwall so I feel entitled to get a few things off my chest especially as we are without a doubt in the relegation mix.

Memo to players.

Starting next week v St Johnstone can we try hard and eliminate the following from our game.

When we have a corner could we let someone take it who might have the ability to actually clear the first defender with the ball.

When we get a free kick in a dangerous position on the edge of the box can our aim be to hit the target, preferably the net, but who knows if it hits a defender or rebounds from the keeper someone might just be sharp enough to latch on to it. Do not send it into the stand behind the goal as it demoralises your fans and teammates and encourages the opposition by highlighting your limited ability.

Could our keeper, be it Gals or Foxy, desist from the archaic tactic of kicking long balls to the touch line on the halfway line. About 20% of these seem to go straight out of play. About 20% go straight to an opposing player. Maybe 30% go to the opposition after a poor first touch from a Thistle player. Say 20% are 50/50 balls we might get something from that leaves 10% that can be considered a success first time. Surely we can do better than that. Vary it a bit, play it short, show some imagination ffs.

Btw way Gals. I've travelled 11 hours today and forked out a load of dosh and so I don't expect to see you wasting time dragging your heels in the first half of a game I think we should be expecting to win. Can we just go out and try to win a game from the off rather than leave it to a last minute rush if things don't go to plan.

Oh, and HIggy. Shame on you letting the fans and your team down let that today.

I expect you to make up for it at the earliest opportunity as I know you can.

Also, could someone introduce Higgy and Stevo to the notion of a cut back from the bye line to a teammate or even a low hard cross into the 6 yd box where there's a chance of a deflection into the net. Both have been guilty in recent weeks of wasting golden opportunities by driving the ball into the side netting instantly taking the pressure of the opposition.

Before playing the ball to Stevie Lawleff ask yourself; has he got a better chance of dealing with a high ball against a defender a foot taller than him or just maybe he might like it played on the deck?

• Like 2

Not long back from Dingwall so I feel entitled to get a few things off my chest especially as we are without a doubt in the relegation mix.

Memo to players.

Starting next week v St Johnstone can we try hard and eliminate the following from our game.

When we have a corner could we let someone take it who might have the ability to actually clear the first defender with the ball.

When we get a free kick in a dangerous position on the edge of the box can our aim be to hit the target, preferably the net, but who knows if it hits a defender or rebounds from the keeper someone might just be sharp enough to latch on to it. Do not send it into the stand behind the goal as it demoralises your fans and teammates and encourages the opposition by highlighting your limited ability.

Could our keeper, be it Gals or Foxy, desist from the archaic tactic of kicking long balls to the touch line on the halfway line. About 20% of these seem to go straight out of play. About 20% go straight to an opposing player. Maybe 30% go to the opposition after a poor first touch from a Thistle player. Say 20% are 50/50 balls we might get something from that leaves 10% that can be considered a success first time. Surely we can do better than that. Vary it a bit, play it short, show some imagination ffs.

Btw way Gals. I've travelled 11 hours today and forked out a load of dosh and so I don't expect to see you wasting time dragging your heels in the first half of a game I think we should be expecting to win. Can we just go out and try to win a game from the off rather than leave it to a last minute rush if things don't go to plan.

Oh, and HIggy. Shame on you letting the fans and your team down let that today.

I expect you to make up for it at the earliest opportunity as I know you can.

Also, could someone introduce Higgy and Stevo to the notion of a cut back from the bye line to a teammate or even a low hard cross into the 6 yd box where there's a chance of a deflection into the net. Both have been guilty in recent weeks of wasting golden opportunities by driving the ball into the side netting instantly taking the pressure of the opposition.

Before playing the ball to Stevie Lawleff ask yourself; has he got a better chance of dealing with a high ball against a defender a foot taller than him or just maybe he might like it played on the deck?

did higgy deserve the red ?

Stop bashing Higgy! Yes, he can get frustrated at times but he always tries his best and is one of the most naturally talented players we have. We need a confident, on form Higgy to have the best chance of staying up and having a go at him for today isn't going to help anyone.

He's not going to be much use to us when he's banned.

Perhaps a bit unlucky not to get a point. County just blootered the ball away for the last twenty minutes. Can't complain about the ten remaining on the park in terms of effort. As usual we struggled more than our opponents in windy conditions.

We'd just decided to go two up top when Higgy gets himself sent off. We were forced then into using the full backs as wingers. Wilson came on and did a good box to box job.

My biggest gripe today was our total lack of composure. We had plenty of time to level the game, best part of an hour and mostly with the wind behind us. One of the biggest culprits was Gallacher. Don't like criticising Paul, he did make a fine stop later on, but there was virtually zero building up from the back today. True the conditions weren't conducive to silky football but there has to be a happy medium. Completely missing out the midfield almost continually was very unproductive.

Just wanted to highlight that I thought Wilson was absolutely excellent when he came on, including one very decent long range shot. He seems to be a confident, spirited and skilful player with loads of energy. I appreciate that we have a lot of midfielders, but am wondering if his enthusiasm from the start would give us some extra impetus. A sort of midfield Harry Kane-one of our own!?

• Like 2

Difficult for any Jags fan to say due to not having a viewing angle. Archie I heard isn't complaining about the decision and he'd have had a perfect view. Call it stupidity/red mist but tackling from behind with any pace is always likely to end up in a caution at least. And like Bannigan at Parkhead the sending off occurred in a safe area of the pitch.

Btw even assuming the ref got that one right I thought he was poor. Not from decision making, tho' County should've got at least another yellow from a consistency aspect, but he seemed to be too easily bullied. Also the three yellows we picked up after the red were in no way reckless and no loss of discipline. Just a case of ten men chasing a game.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I can't wait for this season to end

Yes, can't really put my finger on it, but there's been a poor vibe about this season. Think it's because there have been too many games that on paper we should have won, but haven't.

Btw, watched the so-called highlights this morning and it looked like we were a td unfortunate to lose!

Keenan obviously most culpable at their goal, wasn't a million miles away from the Dundee Utd. goal @ Firhill, however that's the thing with young players mistakes tend to go with the territory and so I wouldn't be making a song and dance about it.

As for Higgy's red card to me it looked a stonewall red card: particularly taking into,account modern interpretations.

Difficult to judge anything else apart from yet again we were Frankly not good enough over 90 minutes.

Just watched it on Youtube and I would have to say, yes, it was without doubt a bad tackle but it was obviously an attempt to take their player out of play rather than be malicious, it also took place in the County half of the pitch so in that respect I think a straight red was a bit of an over reaction by the ref.

yet again we were Frankly not good enough over 90 minutes.

Can't disagree but County, just like St Mirren a few weeks back, deserved to take hee haw as well. Neither opponent defended their one goal lead well. Both teams would've been the losers if they'd conceded an equaliser, a draw being a poorer result for them than us. Could sound to some like sour grapes but anyone that's watched their efforts at holding on to a one goal lead will realise they rode their luck to a ridiculous level. The law of averages should dictate that a team with as much possession as ours should at least fluke a goal.

I can accept us being hapless and deserving of nothing but sometimes you can't credit the opposition either.

It's been a pretty disappointing season in terms of results and because we've been incapable of playing really well for more than one game. We've lost awful goals that have lost us matches that should never have been lost, and too often our attempts at attack have been paltry, or spoiled by a combination of bad luck and rank bad finishing. If we manage to survive in this league, there will need to be several new faces in the squad for next season; the present team has a terrible fragility about it.

If we manage to survive in this league, there will need to be several new faces in the squad for next season; the present team has a terrible fragility about it.

OK, I'll bite!

Just new faves in the squad?

Where does the manager come into this?

Can't keep blaming the players.

Edited by Bleeding Gums Murphy

OK, I'll bite!

Just new faves in the squad?

Where does the manager come into this?

Can't keep blaming the players.

OK; I'll bite back.

Can't keep wanting to change the manager every season or two. Archie is the 2nd longest-serving manager in the top flight. What success has changing the manager brought all those other clubs that are also having a mediocre season or indeed a worse season than us?

OK; I'll bite back.

Can't keep wanting to change the manager every season or two. Archie is the 2nd longest-serving manager in the top flight. What success has changing the manager brought all those other clubs that are also having a mediocre season or indeed a worse season than us?

Length of time as a manager not really an argument either way. As was pointed out a few weeks back, longest serving manager across the 4 leagues is Dick Campbell.

Then there's the saying familiarity breeds contempt!!

Something isn't right. That's plain to see.

If the next lot of players, so to speak, make the same mistakes as this lot then when is the manager questioned.

To an extent we dominated County on Sat but same old, same old in terms of result.

Higgy way wrong to do what he did but think his frustrations on the park are matched by more & more of us off the park.

If we take this form into bottom 6 & the teams below us are less than what the gap is at the moment then I think we'll end up going down- even via a play off.

Length of time as a manager not really an argument either way. As was pointed out a few weeks back, longest serving manager across the 4 leagues is Dick Campbell.

Then there's the saying familiarity breeds contempt!!

Something isn't right. That's plain to see.

If the next lot of players, so to speak, make the same mistakes as this lot then when is the manager questioned.

To an extent we dominated County on Sat but same old, same old in terms of result.

Higgy way wrong to do what he did but think his frustrations on the park are matched by more & more of us off the park.

If we take this form into bottom 6 & the teams below us are less than what the gap is at the moment then I think we'll end up going down- even via a play off.

I'd pretty much go along with all of that.

Has the fight left the team and supporters ?

this thread has an air of resignation about it. :unsure:

Well I'll be at my first (and only) game of the season on Saturday, so there had damned well better be some fight in the team. But I mean positive fighting spirit, not destructive petulance of the kind we've seen in Bannigan, Seabourne and Higginbotham when things aren't going according to plan.

Has the fight left the team and supporters ?

this thread has an air of resignation about it. :unsure:

I would say yes to both.

The forum is dead and even most of the strongly opinionated supporters are no longer posting. Balatoni's attempted "jump" to clear the ball off the line showed little determination.

Personally I have given up on the team. Much like a death row inmate I have made my peace with our relegation and will no longer fight it.

I'll wait and see what happens next season.

I would say yes to both.

The forum is dead and even most of the strongly opinionated supporters are no longer posting. Balatoni's attempted "jump" to clear the ball off the line showed little determination.

Personally I have given up on the team. Much like a death row inmate I have made my peace with our relegation and will no longer fight it.

I'll wait and see what happens next season.

But think of those exciting games against Rangers next season.

Some on here won't be able to contain themselves with excitement.

Personally i think Thistle will still stay up and personally i think you gave up on this team a long time ago.