Searches At The North Stand

the turning tide

This is concerning. People in front of me were searched, but I nipped through the (no queue) season ticket turnstile and managed to avoid a search. Does this mean that contrary to my youthful appearance I have now been classified as an older supporter who can safely be ignored? Should I be insisting on being searched to preserve my streetcred?

That's not right at all. As a season ticket holder you should expect to get searched first. :thumbsup2:

St Johnstone game my son got searched and I didn't, today the both of us got searched, yet there didn't appear to be anyone getting searched at the season ticket gate beside the North Stand entrance. Asked the guy what he was searching for, he said he had to ensure I wasn't carrying any liquids or bottles. Wonder why these rigorous searches don't take place when the Porkheid boys visit and bring their armoury of flares into that stand!! Fecking ridiculous!!

Edited by Lindau

I thought we no longer have police inside the stadium, perhaps this is a measure introduced as part of keeping that deal? Not sure. It is frustrating, can't think of any other place this happens except at the airport - even clubs etc never do it. For a club that never has any problems it seems over the top, but guess we just have to get on with it.

I thought we no longer have police inside the stadium, perhaps this is a measure introduced as part of keeping that deal? Not sure. It is frustrating, can't think of any other place this happens except at the airport - even clubs etc never do it. For a club that never has any problems it seems over the top, but guess we just have to get on with it.

There were at least 3 police there today. They were at the entrance to the old enclosure at the North Stand side. Thought there was a total overkill of stewards there today considering the opposition! How do they determine how many stewards to hire or is it done on an estimate of the potential crowd and opposition?

Got searched going in a few weeks ago, also got searched going into a nightclub and getting on my plane going back (and by customs when I touched down!!!)

If it's a way of keeping the majority safe from a tiny minority and it's done in a pleasant manner then I've no issue, it only takes 1 flare getting brought in to the NS to cause an issue. It also serves as a deterrent to anyone daft enough to think about bringing in a flare.

• Like 1

Got searched at Edinburgh Airport when flying back home after one of my Scottish football weekends. Then asked to put my feet in a especial X-rays machine, then asked during 4-5 minutes about my reasons to visit the country. I suspect the reason for that was travelling alone and without hand-baggage.

All very polite despite the fact it was a Hearts fan who did the job. :lol:

Got searched going in a few weeks ago, also got searched going into a nightclub and getting on my plane going back (and by customs when I touched down!!!)

If it's a way of keeping the majority safe from a tiny minority and it's done in a pleasant manner then I've no issue, it only takes 1 flare getting brought in to the NS to cause an issue. It also serves as a deterrent to anyone daft enough to think about bringing in a flare.

Norge I don't have any objections, but why were people filing through the season ticket gate next door without being searched? That is madness. If you are searching one gate, you have to search all gates. My other objection is, are these searches carried out when Celtic take over this stand........from what we have seen, obviously not!

Norge I don't have any objections, but why were people filing through the season ticket gate next door without being searched? That is madness. If you are searching one gate, you have to search all gates. My other objection is, are these searches carried out when Celtic take over this stand........from what we have seen, obviously not!

I agree should be across the gates, the problem with Celtic is we allow them to use their own stewards

I still don't think we should be routinely searching (no matter how politely) our own fans.

As far as i am aware, there have never been any dangerous or contraband items found on Jags fans and again, AFAIK, there have been no incidents involving such banned items caused by our fans.

What, therfore, is the justification or reason for searching at Fir hill when most/all other clubs have stopped doing it?

I just don't get it.

• Like 1

I went in the season ticket gate and I got searched !

Usually get searched as of late, but seems to be related to my jacket and nothing else. As it was warm yesterday I had it in my hand and the guy just asked if he could search it, which meant a quick feel (still talking about my jacket btw) and then I was on my way. Doesn't bother me too much, maybe it's because it's a Superdry jacket and they associate it with trouble who knows.

I went in the season ticket gate and I got searched !

We went in about 2.45 yesterday and there was nobody on the ST gate, just the gate we went in....mind you he might have been away for a slash or a fag!! To be fair to the guy that searched us, he apologised and said that he had to do it. As I said I didn't get searched v The Saints but my son did, not sure how that works. If they were looking for bevy, I can assure you that it would be more likely that I would be carrying it in, rather than my son!

We went in about 2.45 yesterday and there was nobody on the ST gate, just the gate we went in....mind you he might have been away for a slash or a fag!! To be fair to the guy that searched us, he apologised and said that he had to do it. As I said I didn't get searched v The Saints but my son did, not sure how that works. If they were looking for bevy, I can assure you that it would be more likely that I would be carrying it in, rather than my son!

a lot of these companies do random searches, it could be a 1 in 10 or unless there is something specified it might just be those with a bag or big jackets, it might be that ST people were searched before you came in sight, anyway don't know what the big deal is sorry, if they getting the the rubber gloves out with no lube then i might see what the problem is but as it isn't!! :unsure:

a lot of these companies do random searches, it could be a 1 in 10 or unless there is something specified it might just be those with a bag or big jackets, it might be that ST people were searched before you came in sight, anyway don't know what the big deal is sorry, if they getting the the rubber gloves out with no lube then i might see what the problem is but as it isn't!! :unsure:

Wouldn't say its a big deal, just wondering why it has started. Let's face it, home games v StJohnstone and ICT are hardly gonna be riddled with punters carrying in bottles to use for other things other than drinking or raging battles inside or outside the ground. Our ground doesn't have a reputation for trouble unless one of the ugly sisters call. Just find it all a bit strange

I haven't been searched and I get the impression it's younger supporters that are selected. I wonder how the lads that do get searched feel about the situation, after all we can do without chasing people. We don't know the background to this and as such people have speculated about reasons and also justified the policy as it's operated elsewhere, for example in airports. That said, I think there are more pressing issues for the club to address.