Hospitality Offers- Please Get It Right!

Firstly I've got to congratulate the Club for varying hospitality offers that occasionally make it accessible to the regular punter. Previously hospitality only really appealed to corporate business or the one off celebration. The one thing tho' that annoys me is the continued undervaluation of offers to season ticket holders.

This latest "tailor-made" hospitality offer for the ICT game values entry to match at £10 a skull. This clearly devalues the benefit of purchasing a season ticket. Perhaps it's true many of us buy STs with only a cursory regard to value for money. But it's also just as true the level of ST sales are not exactly that healthy. Why then do the Club effectively advertise a reduction in value of a season ticket? This isn't a one off either.

I feel I have to repeat that I welcome the concept of different levels of hospitality. I just can't get my head round why an offer should be of considerable less value to one section of the fan base.

All of this is available to season ticket holders for just £25 - or £35 for non-season ticket holders including your match ticket.

So as I read it you buy a season ticket the package costs you £25. You normally pay £22 at the gate the package cost you £13.

• Like 1

Seems common sense to price the deal in such a way that ST holders don't lose out, I presume it isn't like that as they want to charge non ST holders a certain price & to subtract the ST holders price accordingly would make it a loss maker on that part of the deal.

Would be interesting to see how busy hospitality has been this season with the new full-time member of staff on board & also how busy our function areas have been throughout the week for hires, it should be a real money spinner.

Oh dear. I think someone at the club hasn't checked the figures. I am sure they have just missed it.

As you said, we don't all get season tickets just to save money but it would be interesting to work out wether it would have been a better deal to have bought a season ticket this year or just take advantage of all the cheap deals this season (multi game packages etc). I know that someone has the job of having to come up with deals to get more people in but there has to be an incentive for fans to buy season tickets. Especially as it is essential in getting money in early for signing on fees etc.

Due to a run of bad luck with other commitments, I've missed more home games this year than in my 15+ years of being a season ticket holder. Next year the chances are I won't miss nearly as many games, but probably still enough to make a season ticket not a 'value investment.' Not many of us make it as a value investment, but to see it quite so constantly devalued by the club in situations like this pushes me further away from purchasing a season ticket again next season. I've lost count of how many such offers there have been this season. The worst part is they'll probably still hardly get anyone through the door for hospitality, make next to nothing on the deal and just alienate a few more of their season ticket holders.

I'm all for new initiatives, but going to Firhill is a force of habit. Analysed objectively from a value for money standpoint it doesn't make sense as a way to spend your Saturday afternoon a lot of the time. The constant stream of such initiatives seem to serve only to encourage season ticket holders to assess their purchase in just such a way. Correspondingly, there is a complete dearth of offers being made to season ticket holders (despite the transparent attempt to market this as a 'season ticket holder offer') which only adds to the feeling of being fleeced.

We don't ask for value for money when we buy a Thistle season ticket, but we do ask not to feel like we're having the piss taken out of us. They'd probably charge us for that too.

Clearly the club are struggling to get fans through the turnstiles at the moment. I am a season ticket holder who is happy to see the club try different initiatives to boost the gate money. But, and it's a big but, they need to be gathering accurate data on the uptake of these offers in order to pitch them right in the future. Forgive me for thinking that this might be beyond the organisational skills of our administrators. As has been stated already, many of us will look very carefully at the pricing for next season before renewing.

And yes, the pricing of the ICT hospitality deal is preposterous.

Happy to be shot down if I am out of touch with other season ticket holders. I don't buy one to save on the match day ticket cost because for unexpected reasons usually family or work commitments I miss the odd game which negates the reduction a 100% attender would benefit from. I buy one because I am committed to the club and want them to be able to plan their budget to the benefit of the team.

If non season ticket holders who I assume are less financially committed, picking and choosing games can be encouraged to go even if that means they enjoy a slightly better offer than myself then that for me is fine. If it means they have made the purchase which I would expect to benefit the team then that is acceptable, if not then that isn't as there is no point making the offer.

The last point I would make is that the club may be trying to make it easier for season ticket holders to take up the offer by making non season ticket holder friends tickets affordable so they can accompany the season ticket holder.

I don't see the problem. £35 is obviously a great deal to get people through the door, but you can't expect them to make the full discount and give a package away at £13 to season ticket holders. They'd probably be making a loss.

Edited by allyo

I don't see the problem. £35 is obviously a great deal to get people through the door, but you can't expect them to make the full discount and give a package away at £13 to season ticket holders. They'd probably be making a loss.

But they're giving away a package as it is at £13. Should a season ticket holder effectively pay about double to help subsidise a potential loss making venture? If this "initiative" was designed to get extra bums on seats the Club should be promoting it elsewhere, widely at that, and not preaching to the converted thru its website.

Taking this at face value, and not for the first time, season ticket holders are again being treated with similar consideration that utility companies treat their "loyal" customers. I fail to see the sense in continually testing the loyalty of a significant section of our fanbase. It's not as if ST sales have been particularly healthy or there's any sign of pending increase. Insignificant as this one offer is in isolation the Club would be well advised to not play straws and camels.

But the £22 hasn't been collected. This way they might get someone in who wouldn't otherwise have come. they won't make a loss if they collect £35.

I do get your point on the marketing. If it's only directed at people who would probably have come to the game anyway then there's maybe not much to be gained, though I suppose it could encourage folk to bring someone along.