Aberdeen V Jags

Garscube Road End

You should know by now how it works. The more upbeat, the worse the outcome. I'll counter your optimism with the thought that Aberdeen are due to give someone a thrashing and have no reason to suspect that it won't be us. Oh and Ross/Motherwell both to win to complete the weekend.

You've just depressed me now! And on my birthday too!. Sigh!

A few titters were raised ( yes, from you jaggernaut...lol) when I suggested a few weeks ago that it would just be like us to get beat twice by County and beat Dundee Und. Given its Thistle we are talking about here, nobody should be surprised if we take something from the game. Think we need three points from our next three games before the split, just to give us a bit of space. Three defeats and it could become Pampers time for the last 5 games

Yet to score at Pittodrie and Parkhead on our top flight return. If we can grab the first on Saturday who know's what might happen?

Ironically inches away from scoring what would've been one of the most talked about goals in recent years.

I thought we were OK up there earlier in the season. The advantage we've got now is that we can gamble a bit more. Goal difference being what it is. Also if we take a drubbing going for it I doubt it'll affect morale unduly. We've bounced back after disappointing results that often one or two more won't make a difference. The wins at Inverness and Tannadice give me a bit of hope.

Ironically inches away from scoring what would've been one of the most talked about goals in recent years.

I thought we were OK up there earlier in the season. The advantage we've got now is that we can gamble a bit more. Goal difference being what it is. Also if we take a drubbing going for it I doubt it'll affect morale unduly. We've bounced back after disappointing results that often one or two more won't make a difference. The wins at Inverness and Tannadice give me a bit of hope.

Higgy?

I agree with that: previous doings don't seem to adversely affect us going into the next game.

Monni Jags. We CAN come away with something from that place on Saturday.

Happy belated birthday GRE and I hope your birthday wish comes true!

I really have stopped expecting anything now after the last few weeks. A cheeky point or 3 here wouldn't exactly be unwelcome!

As much as we have our fate in our own hands at this point, given our recent record in Aberdeen, my main hope for the weekend is that the 3 below us lose.

It's maybe too early to suggest a team but seeing a report on Taylor's run out for Montserrat I wonder if it might not be a good idea to give him a start. Unlike any of the other players he will have played during the lengthy break and scored so will have some confidence. Might be worth starting him to try to catch Aberdeen out while they are still warming up (though I suppose the same could be said of their McGinnis who played for Ireland)

Anyway:

Fox

O'Donnell Frans Balatoni Booth

Osman Bannigan

Stevenson Craigan Lawless

Taylor

I thought of bringing in Higgy or Fraser but I think players who have worked really hard the last two games and got results should start maybe to be replaced later, depending on how the game goes. Apart from Taylor, it's really more a matter of formation and tactics than personnel I think. Actually if we decide to play defensively v Aberdeen and hit them on the break Taylor is ideal for that. Maybe we'll play more of a 4-4-1-1 with Taylor and Lawless the 1-1. We'll see.

Edited by Mr Bunny