New Kits For Next Season

Yellow & Redneck

My main gripe, as I'm sure is many others, is the colours of the trackie and training gear. Red black yellow and white, please!!!! grey pink and blue?!??!? ..... looks fine but it aint THISTLE. Playing and training gear should REPRESENT!!!! We're a well known Glasgow football team..... :fan:

forgot about training kit range. zero thanks to you cgmb for reminding me.

so that's one out of three joma/ttl/club got right.

know some like cgmb also don't rate home strip either.

not a good return rate either way.

:thinking:

can we not just have kingsley suits as our away strip?

Stock Joma strip. £18 long sleeve without the Thistle badge, £40 with.

£16.50 for short sleeved version, which makes it even worse value for money.

Really disappointed in this strip. Little or no effort gone in to it.

However, as much as I'd love us to have a great strip, I think we have to be realistic. The club are only really interested in how much revenue it will create. How many of the light blue strip will they expect to sell? 100? 200? At best the club will make £15 - £20 off this so if we sell a couple of hundred the profit would be maximum £4000. Not a great deal so, financially, is it really worth putting a lot of effort in to getting Joma to make a fantastic away strip for us?

Or, should the club be looking to do so to please the fan base that would perhaps like to buy the new kit (if not for themselves, perhaps for their children)?

I like the home top. I got the full kit for my son on the day it was released but seeing it on him for the first time I thought it was too red. Black shorts would have been a lot better. Having been at the game on Saturday and seeing the team wear it for the first time I am still of that opinion. TTL's reasoning behind the red shorts is that they have to 'change things up' and they can't have it too similar to the previous season. Have a lot of the SPFL teams changed the colour of their shorts due to this? Do Celtic not play in white shorts anymore? Have Aberdeen given up wearing red?

I guess what I am saying is that TTL and PTFC are the ones that make the decisions on the kits and neither seem to be overly bothered what the supporters actually think. If they did they would approach fan representatives to get a feel for general opinion. Until they decide that it would be a good idea to actually listen to the fans, we are stuck with whatever decisions that they make. That unfortunately means an over inflated, stock, Joma away strip every season.

I wonder what colour the home shorts will be next season?

ETA http://www.teamwearscotland.com/shop/playing-shirts/joma-standard-short-sleeved-playing-shirt/

Edited by Jag

Folk making assumptions that thistle generate money from sales.

A lot of kit supplier contracts are based on a single payment plus X amount of staff kit for free.

Any "bonus" above that single payment is based on an unrealistic sales target.

It could be the case that it doesn't matter if TTL sell one or one thousand. Thistle get the same yearly payment from them.

And if that was the case, do they care what the away strip looks like or going to the effort of organising a poll of fans opinion?

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 1

Folk making assumptions that thistle generate money from sales.

A lot of kit supplier contracts are based on a single payment plus X amount of staff kit for free.

Any "bonus" above that single payment is based on an unrealistic sales target.

It could be the case that it doesn't matter if TTL sell one or one thousand. Thistle get the same yearly payment from them.

And if that was the case, do they care what the away strip looks like or going to the effort of organising a poll of fans opinion?

That was kind of my point, certainly regarding the away strip anyway. They don't really care what it looks like, given that the amount that will be sold.

However, I am sure that there must be something in place that the more strips that are sold, the more the club earn. Is it really that wrong to assume that the club generate money from kit sales?

That was kind of my point, certainly regarding the away strip anyway. They don't really care what it looks like, given that the amount that will be sold.

However, I am sure that there must be something in place that the more strips that are sold, the more the club earn. Is it really that wrong to assume that the club generate money from kit sales?

don't want to sound like a dick, but yes... In this day and age, i'm afraid, it is wrong to assume that.

Made it to the Port Dundas store for first time today, we walked there from town and although it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be it was still tricky to find. Greaves was so much handier. Very friendly and helpful staff though so top marks there.

Oh and the new away strip is as gash in real life as it is in the pictures. Find it really bland and the wean has no interest in it either.

Not been that impressed with Joma so far. The home kit is alright, although black shorts and black socks would have made it a lot nicer.

It’s not even an excuse to say that Joma are a cheaper brand so we cannot expect the quality of Puma for example, as many League 1 and League 2 clubs are manufactured by Macron and the like, and they produce some excellent kits.

• Like 1

I know some of the leisure wear has got criticism but do think this is polo shirt is good

http://www.teamwearscotland.com/shop/partick-thistle/partick-thistle-f-c-torneo-polo-shirt/

It looks like it will be up to joma's usual high standard, but I don't see the point in owning it.

When I worked with TTL in year one, I stipulated the importance of Jags colours casual wear. I pretty much chose the range. The lines I chose that TTL hadn't, were the top sellers.

Last year they had a half n half range. Jags colours our black n white.

This season, nothing so far.