New Kits For Next Season

Yellow & Redneck

don't want to sound like a dick, but yes... In this day and age, i'm afraid, it is wrong to assume that.

I would imagine then if the club doesn't benefit directly the benefit would be the more kit that's sold the stronger the negotiating position for the next contract.

• Like 1

It could be the case that it doesn't matter if TTL sell one or one thousand. Thistle get the same yearly payment from them. And if that was the case, do they care what the away strip looks like or going to the effort of organising a poll of fans opinion?

I would hope that there would be a case for trying to please your fans, even if there's no revenue at stake. But, maybe I'm too optimistic and old fashioned sometimes.

I don't hate the strip, but I just feel that it doesn't do anything to build on the recent interest in the club. What happened to last year's charity contributions? That got some good press, but no agreement this year? The pink (and charity thing) at least got some press coverage, but I don't expect to see this featured in many papers.

• Like 1

I would imagine then if the club doesn't benefit directly the benefit would be the more kit that's sold the stronger the negotiating position for the next contract.

I'd have thought there would be an overrider in place. Overall set amount paid by TTL for the contract followed by £x per unit for reaching set target, £x plus after reaching a higher target and so on. Quite a standard procedure, which benefits both Club and TTL.

• Like 1

And this looks like a Clyde and Dumbarton top. Have I moved to an alternative universe.

Ok. What's your suggestions then?

In the fourth dimension, the thistle leisure kit is white, navy blue and sky blue. Maybe not the colours of clyde or Dumbarton but certainly not the colours of Partick Thistle.

I'd have bought that in an instant. As it is, I'll wait until the new away top turns up on eBay for a fiver in a season or two.

Just buy it without a club badge, without the J's on the sleeve and without the sponsor for £12.50 in Long Sleeve.

Buy a cheap top off ebay that has the black and white badge.

pick off the badge, buy some fabric glue and put it on your new top.

Job done, for less than 20 quid.

Was up at the TTL shop on Monday to get a Kingsley top for my nephew, whilst the shop is well stocked and staff are really friendly, the compound itself does not leave a great 1st impression with various abandoned cars partially dismantled propped up on bricks outside the shop. It's easy to miss the shop and without GPS you'd never find it

You should go for it.

I'll defer to the more important folk like you.

Can anyone produce anything with the phrase Jags or Partick Thistle on it? Or are they trademarks that only the current owners have rights to use. Genuinely interested.

Your weird British model of private ownership always confuses me.

Edited by madcapmilkdrinker

I'll defer to the more important folk like you.

Can anyone produce anything with the phrase Jags or Partick Thistle on it? Or are they trademarks that only the current owners have rights to use. Genuinely interested.

Your weird British model of private ownership always confuses me.

I don't think anybody can prevent anybody else printing Jags or Partick Thistle on anything. The official club badge/logo, however, is probably copyrighted.