Cup Final

angry gaz

I was a neutral, till I heard the Bairns(?) singing "we are the peepell" and caley singing "we are caley, super caley, no one likes us..." ... Now I want Willie's Collum to shaft the pair of them. .... meh!

We are the steeple...been singing it for years

Edited by Derby Jag

Went along today. Had a ticket amongst the Caley "fans". Given the total lack of singing I reckon there were a lot of other neutrals and a lot of Inverness folk who'd never been to a game of football before. Falkirk fans were great though. Gave their team great support.

First half was pretty anaemic. ICT passed the ball nicely and deserved to be ahead at half time. Really well worked goal. Falkirk gave it a right go in the 2nd half and when they equalised it looked like there would only be one winner. ICT's winner was a right sucker punch. Good counter attack though.

Really frustrating that we beat ICT 3 times in the league but put in one of our worst performances of the season in the cup game.

When they were going through the "Route to the Final" I squirmed at the 4th round for ICT - having said that, had we beaten ICT I suspect Glasgow C. might well have been celebrating their treble this evening given our appalling record against them in recent times!

ICT's win on Saturday means that it is the 34th time in 117 eliminations that Thistle have been beaten by a team on the way to winning the cup or being beaten finalists (21 and 13 times respectively).

No idea how that stacks up against other clubs' record.

14 of these defeats were by a one goal margin. What might have been?

ICT's win on Saturday means that it is the 34th time in 117 eliminations that Thistle have been beaten by a team on the way to winning the cup or being beaten finalists (21 and 13 times respectively).

No idea how that stacks up against other clubs' record.

14 of these defeats were by a one goal margin. What might have been?

A good stat if you are a team who rarely gets past the last 16.

But a team who are a regular quarter finalist. That stats going to be a lot higher, you'd think?