New Sponsor

ThickAsThieves

Okay. So, following Jaggernaut's link, i ended up at this site :-

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/kingsley-partick-thistle-s-new-mascot-10153

and was able to order a 3d printed one for $10 plus $5 p&p which, thanks to current exchange rates, amounts to just under a tenner.

May take 2-3 weeks to arrive (assuming the whole thing isn't a scam of some sort)

Note - If you have your own 3d printer you can download the design for free from the same site.

Okay. So, following Jaggernaut's link, i ended up at this site :-

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/kingsley-partick-thistle-s-new-mascot-10153

and was able to order a 3d printed one for $10 plus $5 p&p which, thanks to current exchange rates, amounts to just under a tenner.

May take 2-3 weeks to arrive (assuming the whole thing isn't a scam of some sort)

Note - If you have your own 3d printer you can download the design for free from the same site.

It arrived today and looks exactly as the picture, except it's unpainted so it's all yellow plastic.

The postage was £3.30, so the model only cost about £6.50.

Very pleased with it and will try to post a picture once I've painted the features on.

Off now to brush up on my Airfix skills...

• Like 1

Never thought the Model Dockyard was quite the same after it moved from Argyle Arcade to under the Heilanman's Umbrella.

It was an Aladdin's cave to a wee boy back then - used to love that place.

Anyway, here's an attempt to link a picture of the painted Kinsley model - https://www.dropbox....200420.jpg?dl=0

Aha - Got it linked this time.

The hand is for scale and the scabby painting is my fault.

Edited by Rid Skwerr

Loathe as I am to mildly agree with Nixon and whilst I am a fan of Kingsley and all that it stands for (in total disagreement with aforementioned poster) I perhaps have misgivings regarding the fact that whilst we have been hoovering up the facebook/twitter/twitface likes etc. regarding the mascot, other clubs - notably Ross, Kilmarnock and Dundee (and, to a degree, Motherwell) - have been signing players for the new season.

Ross and Kilmarnock particularly, are sides with which we competed closely last season and (at least on paper) they have got rid of some of last year's less successful players and signed seemingly reasonable replacements (Dundee were perhaps a bit more peripheral to us last season but have also signed, on the face of it, good players). On the other hand, it would appear that, we have (perhaps) lost some of our better players and not had the where-with-all (yet?) to acquire similar or potentially better replacements and furthermore the close season for Partick Thistle has been dominated by an off the field peripheral issue (albeit a positive one (in my opinion)).

We are still a month(almost) away from the the start of the season and 2 months till the end of the window. While it might be beneficial to have everybody in place for pre season training, there is also a benefit in waiting to see how the team gels in the 1st couple of weeks of the season and getting somebody in late in the window, if there is an obvious gap.

In light of some of the comments last year, it wasn't so much the quality of player we had, but a mix of professionalism and bad luck that saw us unnecessarily drop points.

Who can forget the endless threads bleating about conceding goals in the last 5 minutes of games.

Therefore, it's not so much a rush to go out and sign players that's the priority, but more to do with mentally tuning the players we already have.

All the teams around us, I'd be more worried if I was them, they were shit. We were just needing that final something in the players heads.

We have 2 months to sign a right back, a centre half and an attacking midfielder. And if we don't...

We'll get them at Christmas.

Edited by potty trained