Season Tickets

Lionel J. Botch

It has been reported on Twitter (I know) that we have sold 1322 season tickets. If true we are struggling for a fan base.

I know there are people who go every week and don't buy a ST. If it's a financial decision, can the club look at a pay up option over several months without costing a bomb - not checked to see the difference.

I know we have discussed this before, but how do we get more bums on seats and how can we improve the match day experience to financially benefit the club?

Edited by Lionel J. Botch

Here's one for starters - they should have ST application forms at the launch tomorrow. Fill then in, take card details, get a signed authority - job's a good 'un. Get Kingsley and the players to help market them, giving people hugs, high fives etc... Give away a Kingsley goodie-bag(s) (containing some of the mooted merchandise) to some ST holders - everyone in the draw, including if you sign up at #ThistleSquare.

Next week get players/staff to call everyone that has bought a ST and say thank you and encourage them to recommend them to friends. If their friends haven't got a ST find out why not and what could persuade them. Call everyone else on the Thistle database (from previous ST or buying tickets online) and see if you can encourage them to buy a ST. Again, if not why not - what would be required to nudge them into purchasing? Tell them we'll look into it - then go and see if it's feasible for a) this season, B) next season or c) not at all (and why). Then call the fans back and let them know what's happening on the back of their feedback.

Engagement.

Edit: if being really smart I'm sure the club could get some fans to volunteer to run this as a project and provide a report to the club to shape future policy. It's basic stuff.

Edited by Mediocre Pundit

Next week get players/staff to call everyone that has bought a ST and say thank you and encourage them to recommend them to friends. If their friends haven't got a ST find out why not and what could persuade them. Call everyone else on the Thistle database (from previous ST or buying tickets online) and see if you can encourage them to buy a ST. Again, if not why not - what would be required to nudge them into purchasing? Tell them we'll look into it - then go and see if it's feasible for a) this season, B) next season or c) not at all (and why). Then call the fans back and let them know what's happening on the back of their feedback.

Engagement.

Edit: if being really smart I'm sure the club could get some fans to volunteer to run this as a project and provide a report to the club to shape future policy. It's basic stuff.

This is what FK Viking done, call everyone on their data base when the ST's come out.

The club needs to re engage on many levels, understand what the fans want, and do the best to deliver

Look to installments

1st cup game free

Follow up on TAG (which has had no new input in 6 weeks)

Get round the schools, boys clubs, BB's, Scouts etc

Use the Kingsley momentum to grow sales

Nomad ST's (live stream, PDF program, and a ticket for 2 games when we make it home)

So many ideas

We make it difficult for ourselves.

For example, there's no real incentive for those who use the North stand to renew early. They are able to buy at the renewal price(rightly) but since they don't have an actual seat, they can wait up until the last minute to renew. Whereas JH punters need to renew early or they lose their seat? Not having a go, i would do the same myself.

If early cash is crucial, then there should only be an early bird price and a full price.

Likewise if you want money in early then the club need to stop putting barriers in people's way-like the ludicrous £25 charge for a free kid's seat , when it's now obvious that "premium seating" is available to anyone who slopes up to the turnstyle.

Anyway, the only number that really matters is the number of season ticket holders when the first league game kicks off. That number and the corresponding number at that stage last season.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

• Members

News from Firhill with regard to the playing squad has been in all honesty mostly depressing, losing some of our best players. I'd imagine that would have a knock on effect on those wavering on buying a ST. I'd be interested to find out what ST sales historically were like immediately after we announced a major signing (relative to us)?

• Like 1

This is worrying news that will hopefully refocus everyone. The Kingsley episode has been great exposure for the club but let's not paper over the cracks here. Season Tickets are our bread and butter and the number sold so far is very poor, no one can dispute that.

I wonder if being kicked out of your own stand/seat 3 times this season to accommodate those lovely people from the East End :crazy: has put people off.

It certainly had me in two minds right up to the deadline.

(I did buy in the end but won't even get my usual seat for the first home game!) :censor:

Is 1322 sold before the end of June (more than a month before the season starts) that bad? Unless we know how many we sold by this time last year & also how many we sell by the start of the season and can compare with last seasons total then it's difficult to judge

• Like 1

Likewise if you want money in early then the club need to stop putting barriers in people's way-like the ludicrous £25 charge for a free kid's seat , when it's now obvious that "premium seating" is available to anyone who slopes up to the turnstyle

Do you really need to keep bringing this up on the forum? It's been debated several times with no change imminent, so why keep repeating yourself? You seem to be 'in the know' with some at the club (or some of you posts imply that) so why not take it up with them?

I think that the lack of signings and losing some of our best players has affected the season ticket sales. I know that a lot of our buys have been from down south and they are on longer contracts etc but I would like to think if they made a couple of "marquee" signings (taylor or a Stevenson kind of transfer) then a few more tickets will be sold.

Again as has been said before unless we know how many have been sold at this point in previous seasons then it's hard to gauge how good or bad the figure is.

This seems to be a continuation of an ongoing decline over recent years, so I don't think you can lay a lot of emphasis on lack of early signings.

It also comes at a period when we've seen an improvement in the football played and a time of relative success.

So I'm at a loss to the solution.

Maybe the club could start by contacting supporters who haven't renewed over the last couple of seasons to see if there is a clue there.

The club (in my opinion) should be doing the following, with help from the 1st team and management

-calling all fans who haven't bought a ST and helping persuade them to

-call all fans who have and thank them for doing so

-work out the demographic of our ST holders over the last 5 years, and see where we are losing/gaining and campaign on this

The club (in my opinion) should be doing the following, with help from the 1st team and management

-calling all fans who haven't bought a ST and helping persuade them to

-call all fans who have and thank them for doing so

-work out the demographic of our ST holders over the last 5 years, and see where we are losing/gaining and campaign on this

All very well if we have the resources to do it

All very well if we have the resources to do it

We have a full 1st team squad, manager, assistant manager and a load of directors, 10 calls a day from each of them is around 1000 a week (20 people X 10 calls X 5 days)

As for demographics that's a simple excel dump and plot

Edited by Norgethistle
  • Like 1

is it possible that we are witnessing the effects of the back to back relegation and mediocrity that followed, as potentially, a generation deserted Thistle.

It's often been said, we lost a thousand season ticket holders in the DC era, that we never got back. Is the problem we now see, a knock on from that.

It might be the case that the problem is not attracting fans who once came, back. But actually attracting fans who should have come, that actually never did. What you might call the "aye, my dad was/is a Thistle fan", supporters.

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 1

We have a full 1st team squad, manager, assistant manager and a load of directors, 10 calls a day from each of them is around 1000 a week (20 people X 10 calls X 5 days)

As for demographics that's a simple excel dump and plot

Well put, maybe you should suggest it to the club?

Well put, maybe you should suggest it to the club?

Maybe a Tag member who's perk is a direct relation with a member of the board could do it?

Or maybe it could be suggested at the next cloak and dagger, sorry, federation meeting? Seen as there's not been any contact since the beginning of May, I think.

• Like 2

Do you really need to keep bringing this up on the forum? It's been debated several times with no change imminent, so why keep repeating yourself? You seem to be 'in the know' with some at the club (or some of you posts imply that) so why not take it up with them?

It's a forum, jaggy.

I have debated this with the club. As a result I can personally account for three season tickets not renewed. The policy has had an effect on sales, therefore is a valid point to make on a season ticket thread.

I've already been told to 'get my wallet out' on here and now I'm being asked to shut up.

Cue 'better fan than you' responses.

It's a forum, jaggy.

I have debated this with the club. As a result I can personally account for three season tickets not renewed. The policy has had an effect on sales, therefore is a valid point to make on a season ticket thread.

I've already been told to 'get my wallet out' on here and now I'm being asked to shut up.

Cue 'better fan than you' responses.

I understand BB, but it's been done to death that's all.

I think that the lack of signings and losing some of our best players has affected the season ticket sales. I know that a lot of our buys have been from down south and they are on longer contracts etc but I would like to think if they made a couple of "marquee" signings (taylor or a Stevenson kind of transfer) then a few more tickets will be sold.

Again as has been said before unless we know how many have been sold at this point in previous seasons then it's hard to gauge how good or bad the figure is.

Yup, make some marquee signings and get ... what not enough money in to pay for them.

The point about the number of season tickets sold last year is valid. Let's face it our average crowd last season was 3500 - and that includes opposition fans - so just short of 1500 is probably not bad, though obviously 2000 would be better.

Personally I think the manager will be able to buy players to cover positions needed covering - if the season ticket figure actually is low then it probably means one at least of the players we bring in will be of lesser quality, or at least a slight gamble. We might be forced to go with some loan players for cover.