Season Tickets

Lionel J. Botch

Just seen the STV piece.

I think it's fine, the more media profile the better, and Banzo and Maxi came across very well and gave a good image, didn't seem a negative spin in any way.

Think the club deserve a lot of credit for everything they've tried to do to increase attendances in response to the puzzling drop.

Colin - we aren't allowed to give them the main stand - that's the problem. Completely out of the club's control.

Is this a fact, confirmed by the police and whoever issues the safety certificate that no Celtic fans can enter the main stand. Or is it the same logic that no under 16s can go into the north stand, except they can.

The main stand / North stand will have Celtic fans in it this weekend.

Just seen the STV piece.

I think it's fine, the more media profile the better, and Banzo and Maxi came across very well and gave a good image, didn't seem a negative spin in any way.

Think the club deserve a lot of credit for everything they've tried to do to increase attendances in response to the puzzling drop.

Agree with everything there apart from the spin bit. If the phone out was done in May/June or even very early July then it would've come across very positively indeed. Days before our first home game and after the season has started it smacks of desperation. Imo it would've come across to joe Public that we struggle to sell STs. It's still a worthwhile venture and worth publicising but at this late I really think it comes across with an element of negativity. Put another way, what's positive about not having sold STs by this time?

Is this a fact, confirmed by the police and whoever issues the safety certificate that no Celtic fans can enter the main stand. Or is it the same logic that no under 16s can go into the north stand, except they can.

The main stand / North stand will have Celtic fans in it this weekend.

It's a fact. Police Scotland have stated previously that the club are not allowed to give Celtic the main stand due to health and safety risks.

"Our main aim this season has been that the North Stand remained for the home support only. This was opposed by the Police, due to the natural segregation offered by the North Stand, however the club have fought hard to ensure that this is the case as much as we possibly can. Unfortunately there are times when these decisions are taken out of our hands as the health and safety of supporters within Firhill Stadium takes precedence

During meetings around this matter the Police Football Intelligence Unit raised concerns as to the increased use of flares by sections of some away support, citing a number of incidents that have taken place over the last season. This, coupled with our own experiences of flares at Firhill over the last couple of season, meant that it is something we have to seriously consider as the consequences of incendiary devices in a wooden clad stand are there for all to see.

It should be made clear that the Club are legally responsible for the safety of everyone inside the Stadium; not the police. The Club would be liable to criminal prosecution were anything to go wrong. If the Glasgow Council Safety Team make this a condition for granting a safety certificate for the stadium we have no option but to comply. If an incident were to take place at Firhill we need to satisfy ourselves that we took every possible preventative measure; unfortunately the people who pay for this stance are our own fans."

I'm not sure why people are complaining about the club trying to sell more season tickets , every time I seem to listen to Radio Clyde there is an advert for Celtic Season tickets, there are adverts in the tabloid media for Ugly sisters season tickets, In he Daily Rancid and the rest of SM every article about Sevco seem to mention their season tickets and how to obtain them.

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see the attendance on Sunday, i'd wager the JH stand and the North stand will be sufficient.

Don't really hold a strong view myself but I can see why some clubs raise the entry price for OF matches. Regardless of the attendance the home club will be obliged to provide stewarding etc for a sell out.

I am interested in seeing the attendances and comparing to last season, to see if it has been a waste of time upsetting the core supporters!

5,766 last season and 7549/7978 the previous season.

If the crowd is not 9k plus it has been a total waste of time and has just served to piss folk off

• Like 1