Match On Alba

Gingerjag

noticed on Alba that Lindsay got turned and nearly gave away a penalty as well when Maginnes hit the post at the end of the first half as well . Didnt see that clearly from the North at the game..

It was Killies main tactic to target that one on one with him and Magennis and the manager should have sorted it out long before LL was sent off.

Liam will have to cut that out of his game, Ive seen him get too close and been turned in almost every game he's played. He's going to be a cracking player but Archie and Shaggy really need to work on that aspect of his game with him on the training ground or every striker in the league will do that to him. A tough lesson hopefully learned today.

Great points Angry Gaz. But if you were in the position to pick one former defender to coach a young, very capable defender then it'd be Shaggy.

The guy still oozes class. The way both Lindsay and Hendry mauraude with the ball brings back memories of Paterson.

Total **** up with coverage of Higgy's quick free kick, but you can just see the ball rolling before he hit it so Ref should have pulled it back. Yet again were done by incompetence of a Ref.

Got to give Killie credit for this goal. Quick thinking and guile from Higgy just left us napping. Don't think we can blame the ref for this one. Our defence should have been more alert...

Got to give Killie credit for this goal. Quick thinking and guile from Higgy just left us napping. Don't think we can blame the ref for this one. Our defence should have been more alert...

Somebody should have stood in front of Higgy to stop the free kick being taken........and accepted the booking for the team!

Watching it now, and noticed Fatty Forbes in distinctly unflattering stripes. Skilful footballer but a shiftless cnut otherwise. Game seems to have calmed down from the initial mental derby pace. Some very poor quality singing going on as well.

Forbes is a good player in a good team but an absolute liability in a poor team. Given the club he's with, bar games against sevco, I hope it's the latter. Personally I find it quite sad that we don't see guys with his ability, unless they're blessed with a bit of pace and/or strength playing in the top division'

• Like 1

Felt bad when we offloaded Forbes. He got slagged off for lacking work-rate, but wasn't he working shifts when he played for us? He could open a can of peas with his left foot, when he'd had a good night's sleep...

Cracking player.

Definitely working shifts when he was on the pitch. When he signed for the Pars after us, I warned a Dunfermline supporting mate of mine about his work rate. Oh no, I was assured, he's a quality footballer. Sure enough, two months in they wanted shot of him. No doubt about his ability or talent, but definitely needs to work harder

Felt bad when we offloaded Forbes. He got slagged off for lacking work-rate, but wasn't he working shifts when he played for us? He could open a can of peas with his left foot, when he'd had a good night's sleep...

Cracking player.

Yeah, he was definitely doing night shifts but I don't know how often that was.

I think for once Archie has to take a lot the blame for why Forbes had to be released. Don't get me wrong I'm all in favour of the manager demanding a high work rate and from his midfielders in particular. He should just have taken a little more care that Ross didn't take things too literally when asked to put in a shift.

Loved Ross Forbes too and thought he'd handle the step up to the top division. He played in the first few games scoring against St Mirren and looking decent.

Highlights for me were his goal v Dunfermline in the 5-1 game and his work and cross to get the equalizer against QOTS in Challenge Cup Final.

If he has a lack of pushing himself there is only so much a manager can do. Sir Alex couldn't sort out Ravel Morrison and SAF was best in the business.