Championship

The Cup

Brilliant thread, I almost didn't click on it due to the OP - especially brilliant as I didn't get to read the original post due to my settings for the site!

I did wonder tho, as this is clearly a culinary Topic!!!!! Should it be moved to the general chat area!

Anyway not really a fan of spam myself and opted for a nice spicy Chilli, complete with al-dente (oooh) rice and a beer to wash it down! Magic.

no it's not, it's clearly thistle related (the players could be getting some magnificent tips for their diet as a bonus too) ..... and no it shouldn't be moved, and you should deprive yourself of beer for forty eight hours as punishment for threatening to take this thread in an unwanted and unnecessary direction.

getting back on topic, fillet steak, chunky chips, coleslaw and three ice cold lagers last night. leia making her sunday roast extravaganza for tonight, i cannot wait, her gravy is to die for.

Had a very nice Greek meal last night with a beer or two.

It was a mixed grill consisting of chicken, beef and gyros with sliced potatoes and carrots.

Her indoors had a very splendid Kleftiko.

The staff were exceedingly nice and, as is customary with Greek restaurants, we got a free tipple (some pink liqueur) on the way out.

Most enjoyable.

How's the weather down there BJ?

No too bad actually, BB, thanks. Enjoying a wee lie down atm. Just checked out the windae and the sun's trying to emerge. That being the case, I'll now head across the road to my favourite wee local cafe for the best cooked breakfast in town.

Absolutely NAE mushr*oms with it though.

No too bad actually, BB, thanks. Enjoying a wee lie down atm. Just checked out the windae and the sun's trying to emerge. That being the case, I'll now head across the road to my favourite wee local cafe for the best cooked breakfast in town.

Absolutely NAE mushr*oms with it though.

You may be interested to know the Strathmore had its re-opening night last night. Looks pretty different. If your on PusBook search Strathmore for pics :)

I tried out Curling on Friday evening at Braehead. It was actually really enjoyable. The ice isn't that slippery due to the dry conditions, that was quite surprising if I'm honest. Mind you, I wouldn't try running on it.

Before it, I was at the Handmade Burger Co where I had a superb Moroccan Lamb Burger washed down with a glass or two of Chilean Merlot. I figured Curling would be the same as Darts or Pool, improved markedly by relaxed muscles. :drink2:

You may well be thinking to yourselves "I wonder what the Jags score was around the time when jazz composer and saxophonist, Benny Golson was born"? Well on the 26th January 1929 (the day after his birth) we lost 0-2 away to Cowdenbeath.

By sheer coincidence the 86 year old Mr Golson was appearing in Glasgow last night. Brilliant raconteur that he is, he remains unaware of that result from Central Park. Or perhaps he was just being diplomatic?

• Like 2

You may well be thinking to yourselves "I wonder what the Jags score was around the time when jazz composer and saxophonist, Benny Golson was born"? Well on the 26th January 1929 (the day after his birth) we lost 0-2 away to Cowdenbeath.

By sheer coincidence the 86 year old Mr Golson was appearing in Glasgow last night. Brilliant raconteur that he is, he remains unaware of that result from Central Park. Or perhaps he was just being diplomatic?

no, i am wondering what was his pre-performance meal and rider last night, consisted of.

I don't understand meat substitutes (oh err missus)

What is it with Quorn and Linda McCartney stuff. Why do they have to make vegetarian bacon that looks (but doesn't taste) like bacon if they don't want to eat bacon? "ooh, my Quorn chicken chunks look, feel and taste just like chicken" No they DON'T!

Meat eaters don't go around looking for vegetables made of meat to look like vegetables FFS.

And don't get me started on non-alcoholic beer - eh?….

(and don't mention to Blackpool Jag that Quorn is nothing but fungus)

• Like 3

Here we go. This is it. This is what Mr The Cup was looking for; we are going to have an on-line fight. I think The Sunnylaw jag was trying to be offensive with his burger comment.

Here is my reply. Your avitar is rubbish looking.

Go on - try and reply to that.