Dundee United

Willjag

It seems to be ok for people to come on here seconds after a game finishes, after clearly not being at the match, say the team are shite and demand the manager is sacked, yet when we win and a bit of stick is handed out to them they take the moral high ground. Unbelievable!! Anyway, as I said last week, there was clear signs that we were beginning to click and click we did today. Not a failure in the side. Not any point in saying how fantastic Mustapha was, it was evident to everyone that was there, but for me the big difference was Pogba up front. He wasn't fantastic, but he held the ball up, something that Doolan (and I am a big fan) isn't an expert at, and by doing that it allowed the midfield to get forward more than they have in any game this season. Seaborne and Lindsay were excellent as was Callum Booth. With Amoo beginning to hit form as well, things might just be turning round, though make no mistake, there is a long, long way to go yet.

Edited by Lindau

It seems to be ok for people to come on here seconds after a game finishes, after clearly not being at the match, say the team are shite and demand the manager is sacked, yet when we win and a bit of stick is handed out to them they take the moral high ground. Unbelievable!!

The forum's oldest old woman just got back home folks!!

The forum's oldest old woman just got back home folks!!

Nice comment from someone that loves to comment on games he never goes to....eh Barney! You are excused after the PM though, my nomad friend.....lol

Edited by Lindau

Nothing like a Jags win, Lindau. It's just the best feeling in the world.

I'll buy you a pint in a couple of weeks when I'm home for a few days.

You up for it?

What game you back for? Pints are out of order for me, due to meds. Today, for the first time, was a real struggle at the game but the result eased the pain somewhat. I will let you buy me a coke though...lol

Edited by Lindau

Home 14th - 20th.

Probably won't make Perth as I obviously don't have a car at home.

But happy to chew the cud in the West End if you are up for it.

Seriously!

Leave it with me. I am unable to drink for the foreseeable future (well into next year anyway) Will send you a PM

• Like 1

Well that was fun. After the week from hell, we travelled with hope in our hearts and 'a feeling'. What a brilliant performance.

Dumbaya is class. He does things that get noticed. He also makes mistakes. He made two bad mistakes yesterday, but both times we didn't get punished or he recovered brilliantly. I thought booth was actually the better full back yesterday! But either way what was really pleasing was amoo and dumbaya seem to have an understanding developing as do booth and bannigan.

Can't wait to see the celebration when big pogba scores! He is desperate for a goal. He was also immense yesterday.

Finally, I don't know if he comes on here or whether any of those with the misfortune of sitting near him in the north stand are but 'the angriest man in Scotland' really needs to tone it down a bit. Yesterday he brought kids as did others near him and people actually moved rather than subjecting their kids to his bile and language. I am disappointed in myself for not actually telling him to button it. Hing is what he says is not only loud and aggressive and littered with profanities, it is also usually completely wrong.

It was good for it all to come together yesterday. It could have been a bit different if the Dundee Utd shot that hit the post went in but we got that wee but of luck we had been missing all season.

A great performance from the team and even when they were under pressure they managed to stay calm and clear the ball.

I did think at times we were sitting too deep and not getting tight to their man but in the second half we seemed to sort that.

Dumbaya was excellent today and when he made a mistake had the pace to get back and clear the ball.

Only negative was Welsh I thought. I don't know how many times he got caught on the ball and was just so slow in releasing the pass. A great couple of cross field balls later on in the game when it was stretched however.

Pogba is a totally different option to doolan which is good. He's strong and can hold the ball up well where doolan can't. But I think the chance pogba had in the first half where he volleyed into the north stand doolan would have scored. It is a good option having two totally different players and will probably depend on the defenders there up against who starts.

It will be good to see how the team reacts over the next few games and see if we can kick on. A good time to get a win with the international break upon us.

• Like 1

Agreed Clarence, we got the bit of luck that had been deserting us in recent games. It's a results game, but certainly recently, we have been nowhere near as bad as some people have painted us out to be. There is a lot of football still to be played this season

I actually didn't think we were that great yesterday. We've played better and lost or drawn this season, I'm thinking of the Dundee and Killie games in particular.

Lawless and Welsh I thought were very poor, and Osman continues to struggle.

But that obviously means we can still get better, we've won while not playing to our full potential, rather than losing despite playing very well.

Dumbuya obviously stood out but I thought Booth had an equally good game. We were a threat on both flanks all day.

Amoo still struggling to know where he should be at times I feel. Often making the wrong run, with or without the ball. But if he keeps chipping in with headed goals that'll do me.

Pogba's miss in the first half was a bad one, but I thought he did enough to show that he could be a big player for us this season. Badly needs a goal though.

Bannigan was immense, he's turning in to one of the most reliable and consistent players I've ever seen in a jags shirt.

Great to get the first win and I actually think the squad has more depth now than it ever has since we came back up.

• Like 2