Pogba

Lindau

The criticism is a bit OTT. Yes he was poor, but so were a helluva lot yesterday. Anticipated his goal very well, had very little support, even when they were down to 10 men and interesting to see Archie saying on the OS that he is still not fully fit after his injury. Pogba himself said said last week that once he scores one, he reckons he will get plenty more. Time will tell

The criticism is a bit OTT. Yes he was poor, but so were a helluva lot yesterday. Anticipated his goal very well, had very little support, even when they were down to 10 men and interesting to see Archie saying on the OS that he is still not fully fit after his injury. Pogba himself said said last week that once he scores one, he reckons he will get plenty more. Time will tell

If not recovered from his injury should he be played? Goal aside I did think Doolanscored looked far more livelier when he came on
  • Like 1

My concern is his lack of pace which if yesterday is it then it's v poor

I'll repeat what I posted last night. He's deceptively slow. He didn't lose a foot race all game. And I don't know how anyone can call his movement at the goal into question, either. That's exactly the kind of run you want your striker's to be making in the six-yard box.

He lost several foot races actually one in the first half I recall one on one

I wasn't at the game yesterday but if our front man scores and has a poor game - I'm more than happy with that! Goals are his aim, if he plays well and creates but doesn't score then fair enough. If he plays crap and scores then fair enough as well!

Also, Pogba has started our last three games where we picked up 7 points, it is a team game obviously but perhaps his contribution, including off the ball pressure, movement and presence, is being underestimated by some.

Early days but I am happy with his start at Thistle.

Edited: saw his goal, nice movement and timing and I bet some strikers would have slammed that over the bar or straight at the keeper!

Edited by mhs
  • Like 1

Pogba gave everything , scored, and ran himself into the ground. I don't have a problem with that.

He needs to get fitter and he'll be a handful for any defence in this league . Or main problem , as it's been all season is the midfield balance and the quality of the final ball.to the striker

• Like 5

Pogba gave everything , scored, and ran himself into the ground. I don't have a problem with that.

He needs to get fitter and he'll be a handful for any defence in this league . Or main problem , as it's been all season is the midfield balance and the quality of the final ball.to the striker

spot on!

Can see why Archie wants Pogba in the team with his physicality and holding the ball up which is fine if the midfield is pushing on but yesterday Hamiton cancelled him out with their centre halves and it was crying out for a different type of forward to be on the park to move their defenders about . Generalising Archie is falling into the same category as a lot of modern day managers playing 1 up front usually a big centre forward which means guys like Doolan or even Scott Macdonald are the fall guys even though they are proven goal scorers but kind of sums up Scottish football, with the focus on what players can't do rather than what they can offer the team.

• Like 1

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people failing to grasp that sometimes, just sometimes, a strikers main job isn't to score goals.

If Pogba can make a valuable contribution to the team by winning headers and bringing others into play, which from what I've seen he has been doing (although I missed yesterday) then I don't really care how many he scores.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just checking on the forthcoming Guinea game - no sign of Mathias in any of the 20 man squad lists that were announced on 29 October, according to these sources:

http://www.legranddebatdufoot.com/syli-national-liste-de-luis-traore-de-retour/

http://guineenews.org/syli-national-traore-sadio-constant-et-conte-appeles-en-renfort-contre-la-namibie/

Have they got it wrong?

Just checking on the forthcoming Guinea game - no sign of Mathias in any of the 20 man squad lists that were announced on 29 October, according to these sources:

http://www.legrandde...aore-de-retour/

http://guineenews.or...tre-la-namibie/

Have they got it wrong?

Maybe they've just seen his performances for Thistle.

• Like 1

Think Archie has Pogba wrong or still thinks he can fit him in to the one man upfront after seeing his goal for us and the goals he scored for Crewe, think this guy is a penalty box striker, if you look at the goals it really does give the evidence, either we need to give him a lot more support or we change the formation.

Think Archie has Pogba wrong or still thinks he can fit him in to the one man upfront after seeing his goal for us and the goals he scored for Crewe, think this guy is a penalty box striker, if you look at the goals it really does give the evidence, either we need to give him a lot more support or we change the formation.

Do you think he's a better penalty box striker than Doolan?