Agm And Accounts 2015

javeajag

I don't think you understood my "and so?"

The powers that be no longer care how blatant their support of the zombie club is. They will however have no conscience about allowing any other club to die. The only club they would fear would be one big enough and with wealthy enough supporters to take them to court over it. That's not us. remember we tried taking the football powers to court once and got nowhere - even though they were changing the rules halfway through a season.

You don't really appreciate the corruption of our petty minded football administrators if you think they would allow Thistle to be reformed and allowed into the big leagues (3rd-to-premier). They haven't really accepted what you say anyway, they've kept it obscure as far as regulations are concerned while officials say one thing on one occasion and another at a different time. If Thistle went out of business it would be the end of the club - on the remote chance we managed to reform it would be at some low level amateur division.

I think it's a bit pathetic to use your argument as an excuse to sneer at a deal which seems to have sorted out our immediate financial problems - if it was really as you say why are all the clubs in our league trying to run a tighter ship and get rid of debt?

I'm not snearing at the deal it's self. Call me cynical, tired, war weary. Regardless, it doesn't matter. None of it matters. It's all a game being played and we as fans are not invited to be part of it.

That debacle regards Rangers has done nothing to give me confidence that there is a future for our club. we are playing in a stacked deck. if your suggestion, and its only a suggestion, is correct, then it just confirms how corrupt the governing bodies really are. more than I could imagine.

and if they are, then there is no point following Thistle at this level, why have ambition, if we are just a number, our place is to provide opposition to the old firm? that is all.... if so, we would be better off being an amateur team.

Way I see it is this...

- The club = the company that runs it, unless it is Rangers or Celtic, where the rules will be changed

- Someone has invested heavily in the company running our club, therefore in our club

- Regardless of how stacked and pointless the whole thing is, we still all support Thistle, and if we had no interest we wouldn't be on this forum

- Therefore, we might as well celebrate this, be thankful that our club/company is out of debt, or pack up and go and watch shinty or something

Edited by allyo
  • Like 2

Dave - it's a shame to hear such cynicism, but it's an even greater shame to say that the sentiment is probably well placed. One thing worth pointing out, however:

It's not entirely accurate to say that liquidating the company and reforming as PTFC2 would make no difference to the football club if had happened prior to the bank debt being cleared. Remember that the bank had a security over what was left of Firhill. Liquidation would have resulted in the bank having to try to realise best value from the company's assets. That would probably have meant selling the rest of the ground for housing, leaving any Phoenix club homeless.

Sevco didn't face the same fate because the Phoenix company bought the assets, including Ibrox and the training ground, albeit at a knock down price. It seems unlikely that with our fan base we would be able to mount the best offer to buy back PTFC's assets.

If nothing else, the clearing of the bank debt will give the club greater control over its future, removing the bank from the picture. That can only be a positive thing , no matter how jaded events in Govan have made you.

David

I'd be happy to do the cartwheels but I find just walking in a straight line difficult these days.

I'm delighted with what I understand of the deal and i'm grateful to anyone who shows enthusiasm for Partick Thistle never mind people who are prepared to put their money where their mouth is.

Thank you to the Weir's and to Billy Allan for getting involved and moving our club from the past and into the future.

Thank you.

Seconded.

I'm not snearing at the deal it's self. Call me cynical, tired, war weary. Regardless, it doesn't matter. None of it matters. It's all a game being played and we as fans are not invited to be part of it.

That debacle regards Rangers has done nothing to give me confidence that there is a future for our club. we are playing in a stacked deck. if your suggestion, and its only a suggestion, is correct, then it just confirms how corrupt the governing bodies really are. more than I could imagine.

and if they are, then there is no point following Thistle at this level, why have ambition, if we are just a number, our place is to provide opposition to the old firm? that is all.... if so, we would be better off being an amateur team.

Jesus pt; you appear to be on a real downer at the moment.

I'd be happy to do the cartwheels but I find just walking in a straight line difficult these days.

I'm delighted with what I understand of the deal and i'm grateful to anyone who shows enthusiasm for Partick Thistle never mind people who are prepared to put their money where their mouth is.

Thank you to the Weir's and to Billy Allan for getting involved and moving our club from the past and into the future.

Thank you.

Thirded

The Weirs in particular have done wonders with their big win and we should be grateful

Yep agree a big thank you to the Weirs, for years we have moaned that nobody puts money into the club now somebody has and we have moans about it - unreal

I like way they are going about it -Firstly with the Weir Thistle trust an now with this investment. I think this shows the long term plans and means the Youth set up also has a long term future.

Its doing the sensible thing rather than coming in squandering million aka Dundee under the Marrs and leaving the club with an unsustainable future

• Like 2

We really have been lucky to have the involvement of the Weirs. They really seem to have approached this in a sensible manner, without seeking publicity or even so much as a pat on the back. The club has made great progress since their involvement, and hopefully can continue to build as the youth system starts to mature and the lack of debt allows us a little more breathing space.

Yip, huge appreciation here also. In particular great that the money is going to structural things - youth setup, debt clearance, fans group, rather than wasting it on transfer fees and players. Helping us towards a sustainable future.

Hopefully the next stage is a proper consultation and decision on what we do about our stadium - be it at Firhill (my preference) or elsewhere.

• Like 2

Yep agree a big thank you to the Weirs, for years we have moaned that nobody puts money into the club now somebody has and we have moans about it - unreal

I like way they are going about it -Firstly with the Weir Thistle trust an now with this investment. I think this shows the long term plans and means the Youth set up also has a long term future.

Totally agree Paddy. Absolutely astonished at some of the negativety on here. Frankly, thanks to the Weirs, we, as a club, have never been in a better position. Would love to remember the poster who ended up frothing at the mouth, when it was mentioned that Colin was a jags man. He went blue in the face telling us that he knew the guy and that he was a diehard Ibrokes man and that he would never invest a single penny at Firhill.....dear oh dear!

Totally agree Paddy. Absolutely astonished at some of the negativety on here. Frankly, thanks to the Weirs, we, as a club, have never been in a better position. Would love to remember the poster who ended up frothing at the mouth, when it was mentioned that Colin was a jags man. He went blue in the face telling us that he knew the guy and that he was a diehard Ibrokes man and that he would never invest a single penny at Firhill.....dear oh dear!

I don't think it's the case I've been negative towards the Weirs at all or the efforts they have gone to. The people says over the last 24 hours indirectly directed towards me have been stupid.

However I think my negativity, or at least the basis of my negativity has been towards the governing bodies and how their rule change to protect Rangers, means that a club no longer requires finances.

It's the company who operates the club, that needs the finance. The club may benefit from the finance, but its the company running the club who receive the money.

Edited by potty trained

That's not a fact though. It's a cynical view like mine.

Might not be a fact but it's still 100% true.

To be honest I don't think we're disagreeing. It's just that this is a good news story for Thistle and you are coming across a wee bit bah humbug.

Might not be a fact but it's still 100% true.

To be honest I don't think we're disagreeing. It's just that this is a good news story for Thistle and you are coming across a wee bit bah humbug.

I know I am, I can't help myself. I genuinely wish i didn't give a shit about a single thing that happens off the park, and was readily accepting of everything that comes out of the club.

It's probably best if the investment stuff had a separate thread away from the specifics of the Agm.

Edited by potty trained

I know I am, I can't help myself. I genuinely wish i didn't give a shit about a single thing that happens off the park, and was readily accepting of everything that comes out of the club.

It's probably best if the investment stuff had a separate thread away from the specifics of the Agm.

I'm more confused now though, and genuinely not trying to be arssy. Is your 'gripe' here that:

a/ Another club got away with being liquidated and then returning with name, history (aye right) etc etc intact in an absolute affront, not only to sporting integrity but also to reality, or

b/ Something specifically associated with this investment, relating to transparency, or uncertainty over the trust, or some other issue or issues related?

I respect you willingness to question what goes on at the club, as you often do. Sure it's important. I'm just not sure if that's your thing here in this instance, or if you're just making a point about Scottish football's general panderance (I belive I just made that word up) to the two bumcheeks.

PS that smiley face in the sunnys was just supposed to be a letter b with a bracket

I'm more confused now though, and genuinely not trying to be arssy. Is your 'gripe' here that:

a) Another club got away with being liquidated and then returning with name, history (aye right) etc etc intact in an absolute affront, not only to sporting integrity but also to reality, or

B) Something specifically associated with this investment, relating to transparency, or uncertainty over the trust, or some other issue or issues related?

I respect you willingness to question what goes on at the club, as you often do. Sure it's important. I'm just not sure if that's your thing here in this instance, or if you're just making a point about Scottish football's general panderance (I belive I just made that word up) to the two bumcheeks.

PS that smiley face in the sunnys was just supposed to be a letter b with a bracket

A bit of everything.

Whilst I have not said one negative thing about the Weirs, I have an issue with the attitude that it "saved our club", as the inference is ongoing that clubs spend money. The rules have changed. Again so that it sinks in with some folk... I haven't been snide to the Weirs.

Regards the Agm I'd like to know what was discussed. Actually I'd like to know what questions were asked and how they were answered. We are losing money, what's the plan???

Regards the trust, those questions might as well be rhetorical. God forbid any of them communicated with the fans and tried to engage us.

Scottish football? It's s busted flush. A corrupt sesspit(?).

On the flip side, or "the park" as its better known. We are witnessing history take place. That we will tell our grandchildren about as they sit on our knees. Regaling tales of the boy who would be manager, the number 3 who bombed down the wing. Who would go on to manage the club to 1st Division success and repeatedly lead us to premiership safety. Savour every single moment of that. Because it might not last forever. Whilst we've got it, we should celebrate it every day. We have a club legend managing us. And he's doing great. Whilst my favourite Jag stands at his side.

• Like 1

A bit of everything.

Whilst I have not said one negative thing about the Weirs, I have an issue with the attitude that it "saved our club", as the inference is ongoing that clubs spend money. The rules have changed. Again so that it sinks in with some folk... I haven't been snide to the Weirs.

Regards the Agm I'd like to know what was discussed. Actually I'd like to know what questions were asked and how they were answered. We are losing money, what's the plan???

Regards the trust, those questions might as well be rhetorical. God forbid any of them communicated with the fans and tried to engage us.

Scottish football? It's s busted flush. A corrupt sesspit(?).

On the flip side, or "the park" as its better known. We are witnessing history take place. That we will tell our grandchildren about as they sit on our knees. Regaling tales of the boy who would be manager, the number 3 who bombed down the wing. Who would go on to manage the club to 1st Division success and repeatedly lead us to premiership safety. Savour every single moment of that. Because it might not last forever. Whilst we've got it, we should celebrate it every day. We have a club legend managing us. And he's doing great. Whilst my favourite Jag stands at his side.

I'd agree with most of that. Except that I don't for one minute belive that 'the rules have changed'. I belive that the rules were changed for a unique circumstance but that this would not be repeated for a club such as Thistle (here, that makes me more cynical than you!).

On that basis I believe the investment becomes important. Whether it was necessary to save the club I have no idea, but it's valid to recognise it as significant to the club.

Edited by allyo

I don't think it's the case I've been negative towards the Weirs at all or the efforts they have gone to. The people says over the last 24 hours indirectly directed towards me have been stupid.

However I think my negativity, or at least the basis of my negativity has been towards the governing bodies and how their rule change to protect Rangers, means that a club no longer requires finances.

It's the company who operates the club, that needs the finance. The club may benefit from the finance, but its the company running the club who receive the money.

My comment was not directly aimed at you, just a general comment