Fifth Round Draw

Dick Dastardly

• Members

Looking at the draw, all the smaller teams have a tough draw with only one lower league team guaranteed to go through to the last 8. I can easily see a last 8 of, Motherwell, Celtic, Thistle, Ross, Rangers, Morton, Dundee and Hearts. This is going to be a tough competition to progress in.

Bit of a meh draw but as others have said, it's very winnable. Would obviously rather have had East Kilbride (who were obviously being held in reserve...) or the like, but on the other hand, I fancy us in this more than I would have against Celtic, Hearts, The Rangers, Motherwell, Ross C, ICT, and perhaps even Falkirk or Hibs. So, it's not great, but not terrible. If DU are still in the utter disarray they're in just now by the time this comes around, there should be no excuses.

Whilst a day out to Forfar or Annan appealed, it's probably not too bad a draw financially, whilst also having a good chance of progress.

I hope we turn up in numbers.

Pretty sure there were more Partick voices at 2021 or whatever the heck Saint Mirren's new ground is called. Let's turn up at Tannadice in ever bigger numbers!

This, this season, is doable. And would be revenge of a sort. Not, presumeably for the players, but for us!

Edited by douglas clark

I hope we turn up in numbers. Pretty sure there were more Partick voices at 2021 or whatever the heck Saint Mirren's new ground is called. Let's turn up at Tannadice in ever bigger numbers! This, this season, is doable. And would be revenge of a sort. Not, presumeably for the players, but for us!
How much revenge do you need? We've gubbed them the last 3 times we've played them..!! Edited by crazy davie

I hope we turn up in numbers.

Pretty sure there were more Partick voices at 2021 or whatever the heck Saint Mirren's new ground is called. Let's turn up at Tannadice in ever bigger numbers!

This, this season, is doable. And would be revenge of a sort. Not, presumeably for the players, but for us!

Asking a lot of the Jags fans. Not only will we be going now to Tannadice maybe three times this season but we could be across the road twice as well. And of course who is it we play the week before the cup tie at Firhill?

Yes it's a most winnable tie but while my glass is half empty I'll point out recent cup defeats to Accies, Dunfermline and ICT, Three teams we were routinely beating in the league in the respective seasons but thru over familiarity came up short in the cup competitions. Over familiarity isn't the fault of the Scottish Cup (or the League Cup) but it's a cause to these competitions often being somewhat devalued. Fault lies fair and square with our ******* ridiculous small incestuous leagues.

Asking a lot of the Jags fans. Not only will we be going now to Tannadice maybe three times this season but we could be across the road twice as well. And of course who is it we play the week before the cup tie at Firhill?

Yes it's a most winnable tie but while my glass is half empty I'll point out recent cup defeats to Accies, Dunfermline and ICT, Three teams we were routinely beating in the league in the respective seasons but thru over familiarity came up short in the cup competitions. Over familiarity isn't the fault of the Scottish Cup (or the League Cup) but it's a cause to these competitions often being somewhat devalued. Fault lies fair and square with our ******* ridiculous small incestuous leagues.

In 8 games from Jan 30 we now have 2 v Dundee United, 2 v Motherwell & 2 v St Johnstone