Remainder Of The Season.

Auld Jag

Now that the cup dream is over for another season we have to make sure we stay away from the bottom 2 in the league.Imo another 16points should do it and with 15games left we should manage it.We have heard a lot about Nesbitt from Celtic so lets hope we get to see him in action,because if he is as good as is being said he will be an asset to the side and help Doolan to double figures in the scoring stakes.

Doolan needs help badly or he is gonna be burnt out before the end of the season. . Saw Nesbitt today and my God, he looks about 14, but he obviously has got some talent going by the Celtic fans I know, that have seen him. Hopefully he will get a chance, sooner rather than later!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

I'm looking for crumbs from today's result and the best I can come up with is we might not be best prepared to be in two competitions. To be brutally honest I don't feel we've played well since Parkhead. Just maybe remaining in the Cup would be too much of a distraction. Can't say I'm too convinced with my own argument but not making goal scoring opportunities against today's opposition was a bit of an eye opener.

I'm looking for crumbs from today's result and the best I can come up with is we might not be best prepared to be in two competitions. To be brutally honest I don't feel we've played well since Parkhead. Just maybe remaining in the Cup would be too much of a distraction. Can't say I'm too convinced with my own argument but not making goal scoring opportunities against today's opposition was a bit of an eye opener.

It's not even just since then though. Our win v Inverness was a freak cross that went in, away to Utd we had one shot and scored & Ross County was an OG. The breaks have went for us big time and our defenders are solid but I think it all papers over how poor we are at attacking

It's not even just since then though. Our win v Inverness was a freak cross that went in, away to Utd we had one shot and scored & Ross County was an OG. The breaks have went for us big time and our defenders are solid but I think it all papers over how poor we are at attacking

Can't disagree there. On occasion tho' (v ICT, County and 'Well) we've been the team trying to win and deserving of any luck that's going. Today we deserved to lose as we were probably the team that would've been happier with a replay or certainly looked like it.

We can only hope that Nesbitt and German can give us an attacking threat, if they get a chance. Concerned about German. Hope he doesn't turn out like Moncur. The fact that he hasnt even been mentioned for the bench and the paunch he sported in his picture makes it look like he is a fair bit off being fit, similar to Moncur. Not sure why we sign players in January if they are not ready to hit the ground running, given that we have a small squad. Moncur has proved at his current club, that when fit, he is a half decent player, indeed a type of player that we desperately need, a midfielder with a scoring threat.

Edited by Lindau

We can only hope that Nesbitt and German can give us an attacking threat, if they get a chance. Concerned about German. Hope he doesn't turn out like Moncur. The fact that he hasnt even been mentioned for the bench and the paunch he sported in his picture makes it look like he is a fair bit off being fit, similar to Moncur. Not sure why we sign players in January if they are not ready to hit the ground running, given that we have a small squad. Moncur has proved at his current club, that when fit, he is a half decent player, indeed a type of player that we desperately need, a midfielder with a scoring threat.

Moncur's possibly a bit of a red herring in so much as we wouldn't have got him if he was fit and raring to go. Like Mukendi there would be little if any cost to us. Unlike Mukendi he was a footballer and I surmise it was an unknown rather than a misjudgement regarding the length of time it would take to get him fit.

From the little I've seen of both German and Nesbitt I think they'll do a job for us. German didn't look on Wednesday like he was anything but simply short of match fitness and not that far off either.

Moncur's possibly a bit of a red herring in so much as we wouldn't have got him if he was fit and raring to go. Like Mukendi there would be little if any cost to us. Unlike Mukendi he was a footballer and I surmise it was an unknown rather than a misjudgement regarding the length of time it would take to get him fit.

From the little I've seen of both German and Nesbitt I think they'll do a job for us. German didn't look on Wednesday like he was anything but simply short of match fitness and not that far off either.

Well let's hope so. Re Moncur, why on earth did we take him on board in January if he was so unfit? It's clear now that he is a half decent player

Doolan needs help badly or he is gonna be burnt out before the end of the season. . Saw Nesbitt today and my God, he looks about 14, but he obviously has got some talent going by the Celtic fans I know, that have seen him. Hopefully he will get a chance, sooner rather than later!

I saw a picture of George best when Utd won the European cup in 1968, he also looked about 14. I also saw a picture of Geordie Young when he play with the Rob Roy, he looked well into his fifties. Photographs mean nothing, just ask Ringo. If yer good enough yer old enough.

Unless Archie takes a punt on a more attacking line up very soon, there will be a strong temptation for him to adopt an even more negative approach as the relegation battle tightens. It's time for some courage to be shown. If we go down by failing to score enough goals it will haunt the Club for some time, and given the attacking options now available after signing Nesbitt and German, it would be criminal.

I saw a picture of George best when Utd won the European cup in 1968, he also looked about 14. I also saw a picture of Geordie Young when he play with the Rob Roy, he looked well into his fifties. Photographs mean nothing, just ask Ringo. If yer good enough yer old enough.

I am all for giving him a go. If he is half as good as my Sellik mates say, let him off the leash!

Imo we need another 15points to make sure we finish at least 10th.On another post somebody says that Ross County had 12points after 24 games last season but I don't see Dundee Utd having the same sort of run of winning 10 games out of 14.

If teams like us play the way we did and give them belief, then they will.

• Like 1