Bye Bye Paul, Bye Bye Mixu

Big Col

Moving on to win trophies eh Paul?

Aye, well maybe you'll win the Chanpionship next season and do just that.

Justice done - worst team of the season relegated.

At least that's some payback for the blatant handball in the Scottish Cup.

• Like 1

We've got our own worries at the moment.

Agree. I'd want to wait until we are sure to stay up before I start gloating about other teams. I suspect a false sense of security may have affected our own team resulting in recent poor performances.

• Like 1

Erskine came on an missed a sitter. He did well to create the chance but I was secretly praying he would miss as it would have put united back in front. We need to make sure of ourselves before we can fully celebrate the demise of the Jag stealers

Edited by MonehJags

On Sportsound last night, Richard Gordon, who is usually fair & sensible, commented that Dundee United should not have ended up in the relegation spot as they had stronger squads than Thistle, Hamilton & Killie, with the implication that this was down to bad management.

I'm far from convinced as far as Thistle are concerned. I would rate Cerny, Dumbuya, Booth, Osman & Bannigan as clearly better than their United counterparts and probably Seabourne, Lawless & Doolan too. United possibly underachieved this season under both Wor Jackie & Mixu but with the exception of Erskine and possibly Paton, I can't say that there are many of their players that I think would strengthen our side. Their performance in the first game at Firhill was undoubtedly the poorest I saw from the opposition this season.

Paton was terrible last night.

If it wasn't an aimless hack somewhere then he was slowing moves down with his inability to pass with his left foot.

He did manage to get in his token rash tackle to keep up his hard man act mind you.

Interesting to hear Barry Robson comment on the fact that Paton and Rankin cover a lot of ground but don't actually have the quality to change the game.

• Like 1

Tannadice really does seem like a hissing cesspit right now - all credit to the rt. dishonourable Stephen Thompson.

Personally speaking, I think this is probably the most pleasing relegation I can ever recall; even more satisfying than snakey's utter humiliation at York.

And well done to the post-match Dens PA:

"Lights going out and a kick in the balls

I say, that's entertainment, that's entertainment

La La La"

:D

And whit aboot snakey Jakey? The only manager in history to contribute to relegations on both sides of the Scottish border in the same season. Ooft. :)

Get in the sea ya couple of snakey slimeballs.

:party2: :party2: :party2::party::party2: :party2: :party2:

• Like 2

On Sportsound last night, Richard Gordon, who is usually fair & sensible, commented that Dundee United should not have ended up in the relegation spot as they had stronger squads than Thistle, Hamilton & Killie, with the implication that this was down to bad management.

I'm far from convinced as far as Thistle are concerned. I would rate Cerny, Dumbuya, Booth, Osman & Bannigan as clearly better than their United counterparts and probably Seabourne, Lawless & Doolan too. United possibly underachieved this season under both Wor Jackie & Mixu but with the exception of Erskine and possibly Paton, I can't say that there are many of their players that I think would strengthen our side. Their performance in the first game at Firhill was undoubtedly the poorest I saw from the opposition this season.

... And that was under the guidance of silky footballing mastermind Dave Bowman!

I listened to much of it unfold on the radio too. In fairness to Richard Gordon, I think he was trying to emphasise that despite losing some very decent players, most notably Armstrong, Mackay-Steve, Cifti and Ryan Gauld and others as promising younsters, they have generally been reasonably compensated for their losses and should have been capable of replacing them adequately. They still had a pretty large and competitively paid squad for the Scottish top flight.

The thing that perpetually gets on my nipple endz, is the apparently statutory, condescending " we need our 'big' clubs " pish. A line I thought was most prominently used as a "i've really got nothin of any value to say" stop-gap by Willie Miller. The commentator's gushing eulogy at the final whistle, recalling just about all of the arabs unquestionable achievements over the years, tastefully missing out their blatant flaws, swine-ish eff-ups and intermittent c*ntery, made me wonder if my wireless had been possessed by the ghost of Jim Mclean.

personally ... I'd blame Darren Jackson.

But ... I C N G A F F

To me they are just another team in our way. We must win on saturday, win and win again. then when we say to the scottish media's fudderatti "things are changing, deal with it", they might just start to take us seriously instead of constantly pining for the "good" ol' days of blood and snotters and crackin nights oot on the piss with the characters of the game.

:fan: #Oor season