Player Sponsorship 2016/17

BowenBoys

I'm going on my hols

There are two Prediction Leagues to go. The next one is due to start on 18 March and the last one after the split on 29 April.

I'm taking my boys to Cuba early in April and the internet is, at best, unreliable.

I could wait until I return to start, in which case the competitions would overlap.

There is another option. Somebody else could run the competition.

I will provide the spreadsheet & text file templates. All you need to provide is time and a computer with Excel and a text editor. The only Excel skills required are copy, paste & sort. Simples.

PM me if you fancy a shot. Who knows, perhaps next season...

• 3 months later...

The end of another very successful Player Sponsorship campaign. Seventeen players sponsored and £2615 paid to the club. Over Two hundred quid more than last season. Thank you to all that contributed and joined in with the competitions.

And the winners are

Premium package

Azeez home - jagman

Standard packages

Archibald home - German Jag

Bannigan home - Rid Skwerr

Banton home - sb1876

Barton away - Sinistar

Devine away - jagfox

Erskine home - jaggymct

Erskine away - dunnikierjag

Fraser away - Peaty FC

Gordon home - jaggy

Keown home - elevenone

Lindsay away - elevenone

Nisbet home - dunnikierjag

Penrice away - elevenone

Scully home - Jaggernaut

Syme home - elevenone

Wilson away - TomReilly

Congratulations to all.

I'll talk to the club tomorrow and will be it touch with all the winners about claiming their kit.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for mine. A young boy I know has singed for the development team and I wanted to support him. I contacted the club to sponsor his home and away shirt and was told that they were not ready for sponsorship !

I'm still waiting for mine. A young boy I know has singed for the development team and I wanted to support him. I contacted the club to sponsor his home and away shirt and was told that they were not ready for sponsorship !

That's not too good. They should be doing everything they can to encourage people to sponsor players.

I emailed today and received a brief reply. Working on them just now.

Next season's sponsorship will start as soon as possible. Interesting to note that at the end of last season I received an email about renewing sponsorships on 31 May and the deadline for renewal was 9 June. I think it's fair to say that Marion is very busy.

Reducing the cost of sponsoring a player to £150 has, undoubtably, been a success. Sponsoring a player is easily affordable by many people. Players well down the squad list are now being sponsored. While this brings welcome income, it puts a greater strain on the one person that has to deal with it all at the end of the season. Perhaps the club should divert some of the money generated to deal with the pressure of delivering the goods.