Jambos 17/12/16

Garscube Road End

Didn't turn up in the 1st half playing the 3-5-2. Archie moved Barton into midfield and played 4-4-2 in the 2nd half and we were brilliant. Best 45 minutes I've seen from Thistle in a long time. Could have scored 5. Got to take the chances though. Credit to Hamilton in the Hearts goal though. He made some cracking saves.

• Like 1

Today's 90 minutes encapsulated Partick Thistle. First half we were shockingly poor, but second half we produced our best football of the season IMHO and should have taken all three points!

To be honest before the game I'd have bitten your hand off for a point, so it would be hypocritical of me to moan about not winning.

Our weaknesses and strengths were laid bare for anyone to see today. A lot of credit is due Archie and Co. for moving Barton into midfield at half time.

Not going to go all gung ho and say we'll beat Celtic, but I genuinely feel that we should give it a go and you just never know!

Edited by stillresigned

Don't often post but thought the second half fight was fantastic. Moving Barton into midfield changed it. Great point despite (and this is saying something) the most inept refereeing performance I have seen this season, move over Collum there's a new fud on the block

Edited by Wayfarer

Agree totally with Wayfarer. Robertson was just awful as , to be fair, he is ANY time he referees the Jags.

All Hearts players had to do was lie down and he gave them a free kick. Some of them were laugh out loud ridiculous.

And what did we not get? There was a Jags player in the first half (couldn't see at the distance)nearly got halved on the left of their penalty area as we looked at it and

I thought he was giving us some sort of play on advantage as we had the ball. Was sure he would go back and book the Hearts player but nothing happened.

Then Ade was crudely attacked from the back on the half way line. No! Just play on!

There was understandable ironic cheering when he gave us anything.

Just awful and the number of times he set them up by letting their indiscretions go or giving them a frankly silly free kick in a dangerous position, I lost count of.

You know he was on Thistle's books and he didn't make the grade. Maybe he's just carrying the grudge on?

Well that was the proverbial game of two halves. To be frank, we were dreadful in the first half, but luckily Hearts weren't much better, except for the big centre forward who terrorised big Liam. The second half will go down as one of the best, if not best,displays under Archie. We absolutely murdered them and if it hadn't been for their goalkeeper it could easily have been 5 or 6. Not quite sure why we didn't win that game, but remember this was the team (albeit with a new manager) that absolutely destroyed Sevco here a couple of weeks ago. We had no failures today in the second half. The big difference today was that we had a right go in the second half and Archies decision to change formation was a masterstroke. Barton was brilliant in midfield and emphasised why we need to bring another central defender in, in January. In saying that I thought Danny Devine had a good game today. The big plus for us at the back now is that Tomas appears to back to his old form and now injury free. He was solid as a rock today and that makes a massive difference to our team. Anybody about to watch the highlights on Alba.....leave it till about 10.25, then enjoy!! Oh yes and top marks to the poster on post no 17 that got the score spot on....lol

Edited by Lindau

We will barely get out our half with the starting 11.

So 2 up front and we won't get out of our own half? Naw

Not enough creativity in that line up.Showing too much respect again.

You can have two up top all day. Means **** all when there is literally zero creativity behind it.

Aye, maybe, without Erskine & Lawless we are perhaps limited. Wtf is Welsh doing still playing today?

See how every time we go to tynecastle, pittodrie, ibrox and to a lesser extent parkhead we play defensive and still lose any chance we could try having a go some time?

No subs - till the hour is up as usual I suspect. We are so one dimensional. Hopefully proven wrong.

Few nightmares in here.....lol.

• Like 1

not really, the starting line up was similar to the Hamilton game in which we had an awful first half too. It looked as if it wasn;t until the creativity of Barton was moved into the midfeild that we started playing today.

Probably right there gaz tho' I didn't really think Barton had that good a game in either half but moving him into midfield was definitely the catalyst that kick started our game. Could even argue that Sean Welsh wouldn't have been so far forward for the goal if he hadn't been relieved of much of his defensive duties.

Heard Archie bemoan us not taking our chances but I didn't think we were that criminal in front of goal. At least in comparison to other recent games. Even Azeez's miss was more understandable.

Not carrying much luck of late. Booth's chalked off goal at NDP and the Azeez/Gordon thingy for instance. Don't know if much has been said but their goal today came from a sort of freakish spin of the ball after a good tackle from Booth. Hopefully we'll get better fortune sooner rather than later.

Btw no doubt we changed to a back four in the 2nd half but no way was that an orthodox 4-4-2. If anybody thinks it was I'd be interested to hear who played right and left wide midfield.

• Like 1

Lindau you idiot, how are my posts "nightmares?"

Your own post agrees we were awful the first half then changed it and improved.

Read what your actual postings say before you get abusive, "the starting 11 will barely get out their half"......it was the same starting 11 that turned the game round. Key word here is starting!

"You can have two up all day, means .... all with zero creativity behind it" .......again there was plenty creativity in the second half with the same players on the park and for most of the time, two up top.

We didn't change the team we tinkered with the formation. It was you that said the starting 11 would barely get out of their half. Believe me, they did that plenty times in the 2nd half. Final Jimmy Sanderson question....were you at the game caller?

Edited by Lindau

I didn't really think Barton had that good a game in either half but moving him into midfield was definitely the catalyst that kick started our game.

Just shows how we all see games differently. We went for a quick pint after the game and a couple of Hearts supporters were asking who the big, shaggy haired guy was in the team. They were very impressed