Owen Coyle Leaves Blackburn

eljaggo

I would say that's him finished at Championship level down south for the moment. That's a good few jobs he's been sacked from at that level now.

Wouldn't surprise me if he replaced Tommy Wright at St Johnstone in the near future, should that job become available. But I think his stock in England has plummeted now.

Would be very surprised if St Johnstone asked or allowed Wright to leave: They know exactly what to expect from Wright - boring, predictable, mid table safety, and he provides it year in year out. If they wanted something different, they would have tried it a good while ago

Coyle is evidently very fondly thought of by Burnley fans

Ohh Owen Coyle's a *******, he wears a ******* hat,

He was a Bolton ******, he's now a Blackburn twat,

He tried his hand at soccer, but he was ******* shite,

And when he take the ******** down, we'll sing this song all night!

...................................................lyrics by kind permission© Ira Gershwin

• Like 1

I met him several times, my wife's school has close ties with Rovers. He is a really nice guy who talks highly of The Jags. There are far worse that could be spotted on Maryhill Rd should that fateful day arrive.

Sorry DD but I'm with Ian Mac on this one . Nice guy he may be but he's losing credibility with each appointment. I too think he'll slip down the rankings. I wouldn't like to see him at Firhill because I'd prefer a manager who is improving, not one who is on the decline.

Sorry DD but I'm with Ian Mac on this one . Nice guy he may be but he's losing credibility with each appointment. I too think he'll slip down the rankings. I wouldn't like to see him at Firhill because I'd prefer a manager who is improving, not one who is on the decline.

I wouldn't disagree with anything that you say. My comment was just that there are worse than OC on the usual suspects that crop up for every job going.