Dilemma!

Lindau

Really want to go to Ibrokes on Saturday, but vowed never, ever to set foot in there again. Have got the offer of a free ST for the day from a Sevconian in work but unlike Wednesday night, there is no way I could sit in with that lot for 90 minutes. Really think we can win this game. Mmmm, if I can get a ticket from Firhill in the general sale, should I or shouldn't I?

Really want to go to Ibrokes on Saturday, but vowed never, ever to set foot in there again. Have got the offer of a free ST for the day from a Sevconian in work but unlike Wednesday night, there is no way I could sit in with that lot for 90 minutes. Really think we can win this game. Mmmm, if I can get a ticket from Firhill in the general sale, should I or shouldn't I?

Visiting a zoo is one thing. But jumping into the reptile house....?

Just worked out that post split I could be wanting the ugly sisters to win 40% of their fixtures. Horrible thought.

• Like 1

Visiting a zoo is one thing. But jumping into the reptile house....?

Just worked out that post split I could be wanting the ugly sisters to win 40% of their fixtures. Horrible thought.

It is a horrible thought! There is a big, big difference with the two clubs. I now regularly sit with my two Celtic mates when we play them at Porkheid, thanks to using one of their sons ST. The guys about them know I am a jags man and they said to me after the game on Wednesday that we have been the best Scottish side to visit Parkhead this season. I know that if I was in the same position at Ibrokes this Saturday that I would probably be threatened and call a fenia* barsteward! If I do go, it will be with a ticket from the club and with the knowledge that I will be sitting with my own!

Edited by Lindau

I've only been spat at/on twice in my life and both times were in or outside the ground at Rangers/ Thistle games

I've only had cans full of urine chucked at me once. You guessed it v. Rangers from the old North?? stand onto the terrace at the infamous semi final when Badger's winning goal was chalked off by the latest flag in offside history

They are getting f*** all from me

• Like 1

I find it hard to believe that anyone would even consider choosing to sit with Rangers or Celtic fans when there is the option of sitting with their own fans.

Just buy a ticket for the away end Lindau and be done with it.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would even consider choosing to sit with Rangers or Celtic fans when there is the option of sitting with their own fans.

Just buy a ticket for the away end Lindau and be done with it.

Absolute rubbish. I have now been at Parkhead 6/7 times in the same seat, sitting beside my mates and the Celtic fans around know I am a jags fan. I get no hassle whatsoever and they have always been complimentary about Thistle. I know that would never be the case at Ibrokes and have no intention of ever sitting in with that lot. I win either way if I take the free ST option at both clubs as they aren't getting one penny of my hard earned cash. If I do go to Ibrokes it will be via a ticket obtained at Firhill!

I've only been spat at/on twice in my life and both times were in or outside the ground at Rangers/ Thistle games

I've only had cans full of urine chucked at me once. You guessed it v. Rangers from the old North?? stand onto the terrace at the infamous semi final when Badger's winning goal was chalked off by the latest flag in offside history

They are getting f*** all from me

Happened to me at Ibrokes as well and once at Easter Road. Too many of them for me to do anything personally but I have a dislike/hatred for both clubs because of it.

Absolute rubbish. I have now been at Parkhead 6/7 times in the same seat, sitting beside my mates and the Celtic fans around know I am a jags fan. I get no hassle whatsoever and they have always been complimentary about Thistle. I know that would never be the case at Ibrokes and have no intention of ever sitting in with that lot. I win either way if I take the free ST option at both clubs as they aren't getting one penny of my hard earned cash. If I do go to Ibrokes it will be via a ticket obtained at Firhill!

Fair enough....not sure that one side are any better or worse than the other though...genuinely interested to know if it really is only "a small minority" of the self proclaimed greatest fans in the world chanting bigotry and pro IRA songs?

For me one as bad as the other - couldn't stomach being amongst either of them whilst playing the Jags.

• Like 1

Sorry, what is it about my post that is rubbish? That I find something hard to believe? Please, do explain.

Sorry, what is it about my post that is rubbish? That I find something hard to believe? Please, do explain.

I know of several jags fans that go to these places on the backs of family, friends, mates season tickets. Only downside is, like on Wednesday, your celebrations are nil/muted. I am choosing to sit with my mates who just happen to support the other side, it's not as if I am wondering up there on my own and deciding to sit with Sellik/Sevco fans rather than Thistle fans. I have no qualms about doing that stuff at Parkhead, but no chance of doing it at Ibrokes. My dilemma is whether to get me and the boy tickets for Ibrokes when I vowed never to enter that place again. Ibrokes is one of the few grounds he has never been in and despite their result today I really feel we can get a result there next week.

It was said in woody yesterday that Celtic & Rangers tickets were non-returnable ie. It costs Thistle money if they don't sell all their tickets.

As regards to supporters I'm sure everyone has Rangers and Celtic supporting friends with whom they would/could go to game with but surely it's more fun being in with fellow jags'.

I have been offered season ticket for ibrox next week, but I know I can't/couldn't keep my mouth shut so will be there in the corner giving it laldy. Mon the jags

Fair enough....not sure that one side are any better or worse than the other though...genuinely interested to know if it really is only "a small minority" of the self proclaimed greatest fans in the world chanting bigotry and pro IRA songs?

For me one as bad as the other - couldn't stomach being amongst either of them whilst playing the Jags.

I may be a minority but definitely not a "small" minority. However those not in that minority are quite happy to do nothing about it and it seems happy to join in in the bigotry on show.

• Like 1

I think the OP should stay in the house because any Jags fan who can afford to buy a ticket for the Jags section, wouldn't have a dilemma and would be politely telling his Sevco ST friend to stick his offer where the Sun don't Shine because he is going with his Thistle mates to sit in the party end of the ground.

FFS totally pointless thread, stay in the hoose Lindau

I may be a minority but definitely not a "small" minority. However those not in that minority are quite happy to do nothing about it and it seems happy to join in in the bigotry on show.

Easier said than done Bunny when both clubs are built on the bigotry level that exists in this city. In no way am I saying one is better than the other, only that in my experience of going to both grounds over plenty of years, I know what one I prefer to visit if given the choice. Believe it or not, there are plenty of decent Celtic and Sevco fans out there. Think the last time I gave Celtic any of my money was when we missed the 3 penalties in that league cup game. As for Sevco it was the Scottish Cup game that Damon Gray scored in. In both games, the gates were shared. Any other times I have went since then has been on freebies. I am happy that neither of them get my money and it will probably stay that way next weekend as well Vinny!

Lindau, just get to the game and support your team.

Take a Sevco freebie if you want but someone else will take your ticket if you dont buy one! I suspect it may be a concession (like mine). The more concessions we buy the less income they earn from us.

One of my best memories is of George Clark stabbing home in 19 canteen. We have a good chance to repeat this.

Lindau, just get to the game and support your team.

Take a Sevco freebie if you want but someone else will take your ticket if you dont buy one! I suspect it may be a concession (like mine). The more concessions we buy the less income they earn from us.

One of my best memories is of George Clark stabbing home in 19 canteen. We have a good chance to repeat this.

Not quite concession age yet Weebaw...lol. Was at that game. Didn't pay for that either as big Andy Anderson got me a comp...lol

Sounds like you're just too tight to buy a ticket TBH.

Steady Ian, just don't like giving those cnuts my money! One thing I can say is that I have never accepted a freebie for Firhill and have been offered countless times over the years. The club will always get my money!

Edited by Lindau