Scottish Cup 2017 Pop Up

BowenBoys

Round Three

The Second Round completed without a single replay. Must be some sort of record. Certainly took me by surprise, wasn't expecting to do this tonight (after four hours of drinking to forget!).

Peterhead scored 9 times today but the performance of the day plaudits go to Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale of the East of Scotland League. They beat Stirling Albion 5 - 3 away. That goes down as giant killing in my book. They'll be dancing in the streets (and exercise yards) of Saughton tonight!

So, how did you fare? A mixed bag, I would say.

Screen_Shot_2017-10-14_at_23.13.30.png

thistle4celtic1 and jaggy still lead the way. Best performances were The Prince of Kadriorg and Wayfarer who each dropped just one selection. We lost one player, who failed to make an entry. Shame, he was last season's winner.

For Round 3, the sixteen Round 2 winners are joined by all League One clubs and 6 Championship clubs.

League One

Airdrieonians

Albion Rovers

Alloa Athletic

Arbroath

Ayr United

East Fife

Forfar Athletic

Queen's Park

Raith Rovers

Stranraer

Championship

Brechin City

Dumbarton

Dunfermline Athletic

Livingston

Queen of the South

St Mirren

The draw for Round Three was made this afternoon. As is now quite common with the fu<kwits at the SFA, the draw was made twice. The first attempt had to be abandoned (with 15 of the 16 ties already drawn) when Brora Rangers were drawn twice! How much more incompetence do we have to endure from these idiots?

Round Three fixtures

Airdrieonians 1 v 2 Cove Rangers

Arbroath 3 v 4 Berwick Rangers

Banks O' Dee 5 v 6 Ayr United

Buckie Thistle 7 v 8 Brechin City

Clyde 9 v 10 East Fife

Dumbarton 11 v 12 Elgin City

East Kilbride 13 v 14 Albion Rovers

Formartine United 15 v 16 Forfar Athletic

Livingston 17 v 18 Glenafton

Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale 19 v 20 St Mirren

Montrose 21 v 22 Queen of the South

Peterhead 23 v 24 Raith Rovers

Queen's Park 25 v 26 Dunfermline Athletic

Spartans 27 v 28 Fraserburgh

Stenhousemuir 29 v 30 Alloa Athletic

Stranraer 31 v 32 Brora Rangers

Ties to be played on the weekend of 18 November.

This is the last round before the format changes in Round 4

Deadline for those crucial selections 7pm, Friday 17 November.

• Like 1

Well Partickthedog, I said you had peaked too early. Still, you have achieved here what you failed to do in your art class. Given that I managed to get 4 out of 6 right, (a marked improvement on my first round attempt) a bonus point would seem fair to me. Yes?

Edited by eljaggo

Well Partickthedog, I said you had peaked too early. Still, you have achieved here what you failed to do in your art class. Given that I managed to get 4 out of 6 right, (a marked improvement on my first round attempt) a bonus point would seem fair to me. Yes?

What happens in the Life Drawing class stays in the Life Drawing class! :thumbsup2:

The important thing is to get through the next round and into Round 4. Pick the right teams there and you can still do well, even with few selections. Save the point scoring for then :)

The draw for Round Three was made this afternoon. As is now quite common with the fu<kwits at the SFA, the draw was made twice. The first attempt had to be abandoned (with 15 of the 16 ties already drawn) when Brora Rangers were drawn twice! How much more incompetence do we have to endure from these idiots?

Perhaps Brora didn't fancy the 600 mile round trip to Stranraer and slipped the ball back into the draw? :) Seriously, how can you expect that lot to select a competent national manager when they can't handle a cup draw?

OK 1st clue.... Dennis Hopper.

(btw apologies for all non neo hippies or folk of a certain age. According to our rival clubs that shouldn't exclude too many of us)

Very good l-i-b

Dennis Hopper was in Easy Rider.

There was a Jimi Hendrix Experience song on the Easy Rider Soundtrack called 'If 6 Was 9'

At the aborted Third Round draw yesterday Brora Rangers were drawn twice. They were Ball no. 9.

I'm guessing that the team missing from that draw were Banks O' Dee. They were Ball no. 6.

Very good l-i-b

Dennis Hopper was in Easy Rider.

There was a Jimi Hendrix Experience song on the Easy Rider Soundtrack called 'If 6 Was 9'

At the aborted Third Round draw yesterday Brora Rangers were drawn twice. They were Ball no. 9.

I'm guessing that the team missing from that draw were Banks O' Dee. They were Ball no. 6.

Well done, BB :thumbsup2: . I should say as a reward give yourself a pat on the back. As you should already be rewarded for running this comp please give yourself two pats on the back.

They're hoping soon my kind will drop and die

But I'm gonna wave my freak flag high

Steve Maskrey 1997

I see that you have gone for the dull "big teams beating the wee teams" approach! Probably very sensible but not particularly exciting. Here's hoping for a few upset apple carts!

Fair point.

Maybe next time BowenBoys can spice things up a bit by giving odds for each tie, and calculating each punter's accumulator.

Edited by eljaggo