Scottish Cup 2017 Pop Up

BowenBoys

I am amazed that someone managed to do worse than me. It reminds me of school when I was always second last in Art. Each time a different person managed to finish below me, but I could never design a way of clinching that coveted last place.

Persisting in my ridiculous tactics of going for remote teams Thistle have never played before (at least not in my experience), which has of course no bearing whatsoever on the likelihood of their winning, here are my choices:

The second oldest football competition in the world. The trophy itself is the oldest football trophy anywhere and the oldest nationally contested trophy in world sport. Something we should be proud of.

The early rounds slip by almost unnoticed which is a shame. Not a great deal of promotion of the 'romance of the cup' by the SFA. Their Scottish Cup site is an embarrassment. The Second Round draw was made by James Grady and that well known hero of Scottish football, ex-England cricketer Andrew Flintoff.

So much more could be done to promote the football on show in these early rounds. That it is not is no surprise to any of us. There are only two teams in Scotland.

For anyone wishing to keep up to date with the Scottish Cup, I recommend this Wikipedia page.

Interesting site, right enough.

Struggled to think who Glasgow's fifth club in the competition could be.

Appears to be BSC (Broomhill sports club) Glasgow.

On clicking through to their entry I was surprised to find two ex-Jags in their line-up -

Martin Grehan (can you believe he's now 32?) and Stevie Murray.

Will always remember Grehan's first goal for us away to Ayr (in his debut?) when he jumped the wall and celebrated madly with the fans in the shed.

Used to love wee Stevie's wonderful keepy-uppy and tricks during the half time warm up.

Glad they're still playing somewhere.

Was it not?

I thought it was the other bloke we got from Edinburgh university, after James Craigan.

Was that not Grehan?

.....memory isn't what it was!

He did follow Craigan, but it was Mark McGuigan. The name sort of came to me but I had to check on Google, my memory’s like yours :)