Rangers Lite At Firhill 15 And 19 September

P of D

Are you trying to tell me that having 6000 rangers fans at firhill doesn't forfeit our advantage of being the home team?

Maybe more Thistle fans would have been more interested in going if the club had the baws to issue a rallying call and say, were putting the rangers in the Colin Weir stand, its the 1/4 final of the cup, come and cheer us on to Hampden.

How many times have we played rangers since the JHS was built? The gulf back then was massive. We gave them a run for their money twice that I can remember even though they have had players like de boer etc and again when we were floating around the old 1st division. On paper we have a serious chance of beating them now.

Its a serious public display of a lack of ambition on our side. What are we supporting here? At least give us something to cling onto, some hope of winning something, if not, what is the point?

• Like 4

We all want Thistle to win something.But to do so we need to get money in.We have had fans on this forum asking how other clubs can offer bigger wages to players that we have missed out on.Imo we would at best half fill the JHS, would that inspire the team ? Lets see how many Thistle fans turn up for the 2 games against Sevco,If a good amount of us turn out,then imo we will have a good argument for the board to look at this again.

• Like 1

Are you trying to tell me that having 6000 rangers fans at firhill doesn't forfeit our advantage of being the home team?

Maybe more Thistle fans would have been more interested in going if the club had the baws to issue a rallying call and say, were putting the rangers in the Colin Weir stand, its the 1/4 final of the cup, come and cheer us on to Hampden.

How many times have we played rangers since the JHS was built? The gulf back then was massive. We gave them a run for their money twice that I can remember even though they have had players like de boer etc and again when we were floating around the old 1st division. On paper we have a serious chance of beating them now.

Its a serious public display of a lack of ambition on our side. What are we supporting here? At least give us something to cling onto, some hope of winning something, if not, what is the point?

not overly convinced being in the JH stand has given us a massive advantage over other big teams like Aberdeen when they come to Firhill

The right decision.

Our support base is at a pretty low point currently, and on top of that many of our fans don't like seeing us play the OF anyway. Putting them in a different place will make absolutely zero difference to the number of Thistle fans in attendance, imo. I'd guess there would be no more than 3,000 Jags at the game even if we did restrict the OF support.

I get the whole atmosphere thing. I also remember when we played Celtic with them only in the North Stand and the couple of sections at the end of the JH, and they were still louder than us all night. The only way we could totally diminish the noise they'd create would be by giving them the smallest possible section, and even then that would probably just create the whole siege mentality and motivate them even more anyway. Plus it wouldn't make any financial sense.

• Like 1

Giving them the JHS has been done to death and if a simple fact for us now. Like it or not we will suckle the teat of the commercial devil.

But I'm willing to bet that this game, not on season book and on the TV will see the smallest home support for a game against either of the OF for many a year.

Did you see the Killie home support at the weekend? That's what happens when you repeatedly turn your home ground over to the away team, fans don't go to they games. Then fans realise it's not worth a season ticket, then they don't go to those 50/50 games as they don't have a season ticket.... and so it goes on.

It's not just the moving of the stand, every week we are being reminded to come to the aitken suite, spend your money here, help the club, meet the players after the game (I know midweek games are different, point still stands) except when we play the OF where you can go to ... well wherever as we get more money from hospitality so don't want or need you here. But please come in when we are at home to Ross County when we'll pour you a flat pint and stir it with a straw to put a head on it (honestly

• Like 4

Does anyone genuinely think if we restricted Rangers (or Celtic) to 2000ish tickets in the main stand that the JH and North wouldn't be absolutely full of them to the point we're outnumbered regardless and the stewards and Police doing f*** all about it?

If so may I refer you to 26th March 2014? I was in the JH but I might as well have been in the jungle at Parkhead. Left at 3-0 with dozens of them joining in the IRA fest unchecked.

• Like 1

Giving them the JHS has been done to death and if a simple fact for us now. Like it or not we will suckle the teat of the commercial devil.

But I'm willing to bet that this game, not on season book and on the TV will see the smallest home support for a game against either of the OF for many a year.

Did you see the Killie home support at the weekend? That's what happens when you repeatedly turn your home ground over to the away team, fans don't go to they games. Then fans realise it's not worth a season ticket, then they don't go to those 50/50 games as they don't have a season ticket.... and so it goes on.

It's not just the moving of the stand, every week we are being reminded to come to the aitken suite, spend your money here, help the club, meet the players after the game (I know midweek games are different, point still stands) except when we play the OF where you can go to ... well wherever as we get more money from hospitality so don't want or need you here. But please come in when we are at home to Ross County when we'll pour you a flat pint and stir it with a straw to put a head on it (honestly )

No other business could treat customers like this and get away with it. P1sses me off. I know it's about supporting the team, but the whole experience leaves a bad taste.

Had a bad day...

Well ljb I have had a ggod day and I agree with you,i don't enjoy having to move for Celtic/Rangers but like yourself getting fed up with the Treatment being dished out to our core support,at this precise moment unsure if the club will get my £15.00 which is sad,not sure if they are really bothered about us anymore.

Id take half full any day. Do we need the money from a game we never expected anyway?

It wasn't budgeted for initially at the beginning of the season, but I'd guess that the fact we ended up signing both Storey and Sammon very shortly after that fixture was announced means that it jumped straight into the budget...

• Like 1

If we didn't have the budget to sign them prior to that then there is something seriously missing.

Anyway, now that we have our very own OF sugar daddys keeping the player fund pot looking rosy we can cancel our direct debits

Please just spare me the never ending interview with Archie before and after about a cup run, at the end of the day some would rather take the money than the glory.