A ******* Disgrace.... Change Is Needed

TartanC4

An embarrassment, I get in four minutes late and log in to thistle Jags cast, and 1-0 down already....I've had enough. **** sake I know Archibald is a legend, lambie and all that, but change is needed. We are a laughing stock of Scottish football...top six to relegation

An embarrassment, I get in four minutes late and log in to thistle Jags cast, and 1-0 down already....I've had enough. **** sake I know Archibald is a legend, lambie and all that, but change is needed. We are a laughing stock of Scottish football...top six to relegation

This thread should be left up to show how fickle some of our fans are.

People are allowed to have an opinion. Whether or not you agree with it is another matter. But they are allowed to have one. Get over it.

Looks to me like you both have the same request.

Let everyone have their say.

.....so leave the thread up.

Said at the time that I would not have been sorry to see Archie go in the summer. Would have been a good move for all involved since Archie needs a new challenge in order to push himself, and I don't see him being able to make us a consistent Top-6 club based on our results in the last 5 games of last season, and the first 4 games of this season.

Said at the time that I would not have been sorry to see Archie go in the summer. Would have been a good move for all involved since Archie needs a new challenge in order to push himself, and I don't see him being able to make us a consistent Top-6 club based on our results in the last 5 games of last season, and the first 4 games of this season.

Except that there has been a huge improvement in the results. Still 0 points but a huge difference in goal difference.

And history teaches us that when that happens we usually fall back rather than pushing onto the next level. We've never been a consistent top 6 team, so any suggestion that Archie could be holding us back is, in my opinion, a false statement.

• Like 1

Any manager would struggle to make us a regular top six club on the budget available. The critical games for Archibald will be against teams lower in the division, and December might be an important time. I think as fans, we we have to set our expectations lower at simply staying in the division. I hope that I am proved wrong.

• Like 4

OK I might have been a tad hasty lol logged back out and 1-1....Maybe keep the faith 2-1 now...Maybe forget my comments

Can't make up my mind if this or the preceding post is the most embarrassing. No sorry it's the thread you started.

To say it's a complete overreaction is an understatement and a disgusting way to treat a person who has contributed greatly to getting the club to the current high position that has eluded us for too many years.

• Like 1

Thistle are holding Archibald back in my opinion. Aberdeen had as much, if not more fans at firhill today, showing the gulf between the clubs yet Archie is expected to win or change is needed.

If I was Archibald I would be thinking give me a level playing my field in terms of budget and I'm pound for pound as good if not better than any other manager in Scotland. We are lucky to have him be careful what you wish for.

• Like 1

Thistle are holding Archibald back in my opinion. Aberdeen had as much, if not more fans at firhill today, showing the gulf between the clubs yet Archie is expected to win or change is needed.

If I was Archibald I would be thinking give me a level playing my field in terms of budget and I'm pound for pound as good if not better than any other manager in Scotland. We are lucky to have him be careful what you wish for.

Crowd was 4700. Aberdeen had 2000 but I agree with your point

So it looks as if Archie has taken us as far as he can?

I expect us to survive another season in the Premiership, after the customary dreadful start. It's a shame that we simply cannot appear to challenge the top 4 or 5 clubs, ever.

One question: has there even been another team in the Premiership with such a soft underbelly as us? We must hold the record for losing late killer goals.

So it looks as if Archie has taken us as far as he can?

It looks as if Archie has taken us as far as anyone could under the working conditions. When he goes we will very quickly find out how good we had it imho. I wonder how St Mirren would be doing now if they had kept Lennon?

We should always aim higher and under Archie we have consitantly achieved higher, however it can't all be a bed of roses.

• Like 1

I expect us to survive another season in the Premiership, after the customary dreadful start. It's a shame that we simply cannot appear to challenge the top 4 or 5 clubs, ever.

One question: has there even been another team in the Premiership with such a soft underbelly as us? We must hold the record for losing late killer goals.

Yes is the answer to that question - all those clubs who were relegated while we have survived in the SPL.