Good Ridence Cowan And Hughes?

Ozieptfc

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just thinking the same thing. If only I could figure out how to join online I would do so.

The http://www.jagstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust/ page seems to have the paypal link missing.

Well done to the trust on this one, if you can get the online payment thingy workin i will re-join immediately, and i'd encourage every one else to do the same, lets get some momentum and bodies behind the start of this change and move the club to where it should be.

Too easy to get excited about this news(and I am :blush: ) , it's only just a good start, but it's also the right start and i'll be looking towards the Trust that things continue on the right path, wether slow or fast.

As has been mentioned, much damage has been done and many fans will still be holding back ,sitting and waiting to see what happens next, I don't blame them and I don't think i could condemn them either, but this is enough of a start for me, i'll be spending my cash at the club when I can now these two are no longer in charge of what happens to that cash.

I've got a HUGE amount of confidence in the intentions and workrate of Jim Alexander, and i'm more than willing to give others some benefit of the doubt, I hope other fans that have had feelings like mine for the past few years will have a little leap of faith at this moment in time too, and I really hope that what happens next keeps up the momentum of clearing these two out of the boardroom, because with the wounds that have been inflicted on the fans of PTFC in recent years are still open and still sore, and it won't take too much to make me want to protect them again.

I hope everyone who has a role in enticing or looking for two new folk on the board are able to attract two people who will invest in the Club.

I hope that's not the pre-requisite.

If investment is out there then great but we need guys that know how to balance the books, know how to be honest to the support and above all, are there to put the good of the club ahead of the good of Propco. We had a board paralysed by poor past decisions and ongoing conflicts of interest so it's time for expertise over a few quid. Until the books are balanced and the club stabilised, who would invest in a dying company anyway?

This is it people. We've got what we wanted in seeing the back of Cowan and Hughes, nows the time for us to stand up and be counted.

This time, we cannot take our eye off the ball - this doesn't change our financial position, it only gives us a better chance of survival if we can get more people optimistic about our future. Don't be under any illusions that the rest of this season won't be tough, but its what we wanted and it will be worth it if we can all come together for the good of the Jags.

I can see the optimism on this forum, I just hope to see it on Saturday as well.

C'mon the Thistle!

I only hope we don't live to regret this day.

I assume people on here who have have moaned non stop, saying they could do a better job are now prepared to invest some of THEIR hard earned cash and give up a significant amount of THEIR personel time for the club? Volunteers please step forward...................

• Members

Been there, done that. Have you?

If not, maybe this is your chance.... :rolleyes:

And ditto to a much lesser extent than the above Gentleman. But like so so many others, the suspicions and barriers put up by those in control wore many of us down. Hopefully there will be a lot of re-energising of the fan-base now and it will be appreciated for a change.

• Members

Believe it or not, I do have some sympathy for messrs Cowan and Hughes. They were valuable and key members of the Save The Jags campaign and, for that, we'll always owe them a debt of gratitude. However, they soiled their own legacies by clinging on too long.

Couldn't agree more.

Believe it or not, I do have some sympathy for messrs Cowan and Hughes. They were valuable and key members of the Save The Jags campaign and, for that, we'll always owe them a debt of gratitude. However, they soiled their own legacies by clinging on too long.

Acknowledgement of past endevours.......sympathy is a bit too strong ;)

Dragged, kicking and screaming no doubt.

Shame they had to drag us half way to purgatory before buggering off. :thumbdown:

They have left 5-10 years after they should have, but better late than never I suppose.

Unexpected and best news that has come out of Firhill for a while.

I will however hang back from a full celebration.

First things first, all their shares should be handed back, along with McMasters. Someone earlier mentioned Cowan bought a small share so is "entitled" to them. Well in my opinion he doesn't and if he has any decency as a 'Jags fan' he should realise he doesn't deserve to have them after the way the Club has been run under his leadership.

^^^all of this, especially the bolded bit^^^

Acknowledgement of past endevours.......sympathy is a bit too strong ;)

I'm with Hot Shot on this.

I'm over the moon that they have gone - not a moment too soon and good to see there are men of action on the board as I have no doubt this was not a decision made of their own accord, regardless of the bollox about thinking of standing down for some time. Aye right!

Whist they did some good things in the past, the actions (or inactions) of the past few years have completely spoiled that and I will make no acknowledgement or express any sympathy whatsoever.

Long way to go to get the club in good health that's for sure and I for one shall do all I can to assist when I can. But with these two gone we have a real fighting chance and I look forward to seeing a buoyant support this weekend.

C'mon the Jags!

Every extra day that they clung on to power was another hammering in the nail of the coffin of PTFC.

This day had to come and thankfully, the Trust and obviously other members of the BoD have realised this and pushed the point. We are still not out of the woods yet but this news will re-energise many fans I am sure and already has raised my PTFC spirits. I am looking forward to the game now and eagerly await the changes that are to be made at boardroom level and to see how the club looks to move into the future.

Cowan and Hughes have led us to the brink having taken us from the brink. As some have mentioned they had a lot to be thanked for all those years ago but egos should never have been allowed to affect the club in the way they have over the last five years or so. There will be absolutely no loss with their departure.

I shall be rejoining the Trust asap as finally it looks as though they are representing the fans in the way a supporters trust should. I shall also be doing my bit to give that bit more to the club in a way I simply couldn't bring myself to do under the last incumbents.

A fine day for Partick Thistle Football Club and one that is long overdue.

However, they soiled their own legacies by clinging on too long.

...not just by clinging on, but by some of their specific actions, too.

Someone, on another thread, mentioned Ricky & Chico (who, to my shame, I had forgotten about) and it made me wonder if the decline in the team's morale has anything to do with not having these two nutters raising the boys' spirits around the dressing room. :drink:

...not just by clinging on, but by some of their specific actions, too.

Someone, on another thread, mentioned Ricky & Chico (who, to my shame, I had forgotten about) and it made me wonder if the decline in the team's morale has anything to do with not having these two nutters raising the boys' spirits around the dressing room. :drink:

Add to that pair Michael Max, Bobby Briggs, Lianne, the couple who ran the Junior Jags, the guy that started PTTV. All more or less pushed out by this "out of touch" regime. Get the Welcome mat out for these Diehards and watch the Club really getting back to the glory days.

Add to that pair Michael Max, Bobby Briggs, Lianne, the couple who ran the Junior Jags, the guy that started PTTV. All more or less pushed out by this "out of touch" regime. Get the Welcome mat out for these Diehards and watch the Club really getting back to the glory days.

This.

I see Cowan is quoted in the papers claiming he has left us financially stable. Quotes like this just go to show exactly why no one should shed one tear of sympathy for him or his partner in crime Hughes. I hope they never set foot inside Firhill again.

I am glad that theese 2 have now left our club.But we still have the same problems we had before they left.we are still bottom of the league with a big debt.Some people are saying there will be big changes over the next few months but do we have that long?I also think our manager has been protected a bit because of the way the club was getting run.I hope that somebody had a few words in his ear yesterday and told him our league position has to improve or he also will be shown the door,as i feel ultimately the thing that will bring fans back to Firhill is a winning team.