Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Garscube Road End 2

Scottish Cup 2nd round draw.

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, CotterJag said:

A dreich day from memory.

1-0 to them and pretty sure we played very badly.

I was stood behind the goals at the city end with my Granda and remember their small travelling support were allowed close to the pitch just down from the main stand. Was never sure why.

Yup can still see all 20 of them celebrating in my minds eye, what a horrific match!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Doesn’t answer the question, but I guess we have already had this scenario with the league cup. 
 

The reason it doesn't answer the question is that  clubs have been reticent to explain exactly how they are dealing with streaming income. Hence the default to how gross game income is distributed. 

The Betfred Cup Regulations again have a home team deduction for costs, but 15%.  Remaining 85% split between the clubs. 

For  the Betfred Cup the home team arranged the streaming, which does form the income  from the game.  Not clear whether or not other matchday income  from  programmes  etc forms part of the gross game income or not. 

All of the clubs have been quiet on the numbers streaming,  (unlike physical crowds), and the only mention from our club was a suspiciously high figure for an early league game.  But in the silent revenue world of streaming income, all things are possible.  I believe season ticket income is excluded from Cup games in that the full season ticket notional revenue for the game would count towards the gross game income, regardless of take up by season ticket holders.  

We will find out how much we've received when next year's accounts are submitted,  but as you will be aware that is not far off a year away, this year's accounts having only recently been published. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Yup can still see all 20 of them celebrating in my minds eye, what a horrific match!

Was that when they were propping up the league below us having not won a single match all season and we were having our could not progress by the opening round years?

Re streaming income, lets charge 1p for match if it is shared and make the programmes or ht draw tickets a tenner instead. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Circa 1974, from memory Denis scored a late equaliser at Firhill. Bear in mind that we had some excellent players then.

The replay was delayed many times because of a very cold snap but eventually took place at Central Park which was exactly as it is now except we were allowed on the terracing behind the goals. It was the coldest ive ever been, the ground was rock hard, floodlights were poor but Denis popped up with the winner.

Bloody marvellous.

It felt strange going back there in our promotion year when the locals seemed much more friendly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Weebaw1 said:

Circa 1974, from memory Denis scored a late equaliser at Firhill. Bear in mind that we had some excellent players then.

The replay was delayed many times because of a very cold snap but eventually took place at Central Park which was exactly as it is now except we were allowed on the terracing behind the goals. It was the coldest ive ever been, the ground was rock hard, floodlights were poor but Denis popped up with the winner.

Bloody marvellous.

It felt strange going back there in our promotion year when the locals seemed much more friendly.

1978

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

The reason it doesn't answer the question is that  clubs have been reticent to explain exactly how they are dealing with streaming income. Hence the default to how gross game income is distributed. 

The Betfred Cup Regulations again have a home team deduction for costs, but 15%.  Remaining 85% split between the clubs. 

For  the Betfred Cup the home team arranged the streaming, which does form the income  from the game.  Not clear whether or not other matchday income  from  programmes  etc forms part of the gross game income or not. 

All of the clubs have been quiet on the numbers streaming,  (unlike physical crowds), and the only mention from our club was a suspiciously high figure for an early league game.  But in the silent revenue world of streaming income, all things are possible.  I believe season ticket income is excluded from Cup games in that the full season ticket notional revenue for the game would count towards the gross game income, regardless of take up by season ticket holders.  

We will find out how much we've received when next year's accounts are submitted,  but as you will be aware that is not far off a year away, this year's accounts having only recently been published. 

I think ST holders usually have to pay for cup games. This season, I think we only got one of the group games free so this is another complication in working out revenue from the stream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If both home and away clubs were streaming, would it not be the case that the combined receipts of both streams would form the gross revenue and this then used to divide the income between the 2 clubs ? The rule states "gross income" not gross income for the home club.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, elevenone said:

Was that when they were propping up the league below us having not won a single match all season and we were having our could not progress by the opening round years?

Re streaming income, lets charge 1p for match if it is shared and make the programmes or ht draw tickets a tenner instead. :D

yup that is the one, we were expected to gub them and well.....the rest is history

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×