Sign in to follow this  
Jaggernaut

Happy 50th Anniversary!

4-1, ya dancer. For those of us who were at Hampden that day: best football day ever!

For those Jags fans who've yet to experience that kind of amazing day: keep the faith, and one day it'll come! 

1st goal celebs.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

As well as a fantastic footballing achievement, you could not ask for a better group of players to be honouring. They wear their success with such modesty and good humour. Their contrasting personalities and accounts of the game are absolutely hilarious and they are all so grateful to have been part of that historic day. 

• Like 2

Fifty years ago. How time flies, As others have said a great day,a great team and a great manager. Along with the 1921 Scottish cup winning team Thistle legends for ever. :happy2: :fan:

Edited by Auld Jag

Feel very lucky to have witnessed it as a 10 year old boy. Really looking forward to game today. Hopefully fate will be kind today of all days. 

22 hours ago, The Thistle Archive said:

Brilliant to see all the goals and the final whistle again. Never tire of it. What I love from the ground-level slow-motion replays is that you can see how big a support Thistle had under the covered terracing that day. The huge "choir" was further back and to the right -- Jimmy Bone celebrates with them after his goal went in -- but with guys elswehere there, in the north terracing and stand, and in the south stand `(where a good few Jags-supporting relatives of mine were), it was a case of "Jags fans here, Jags fans there.....".

Just back in from a fantastic day at Hampden  With all the 71 team in attendance...Thanks guys for that day and today................. .

11 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

Just back in from a fantastic day at Hampden  With all the 71 team in attendance...Thanks guys for that day and today................. .

Jealous? Me?

Definitely!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate seeing photos of the exhibition, if some kind person would take them and upload them...... the more the better!