Killie vs. Jags

Jaggernaut

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

It is relative to the the dreadful windows that McCall had and the deterioration of our perfomances. Relegation in 2020, now when we should really have had top 4 wrapped up we are hanging on by our fingernails and our goal difference has taken a hammering too. Ayr fans on P and B have commented on this is a McCall trait. His teams tail off in the last quarter of the season. 

We didn't do that last year when we won the league, though? 

8 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

We didn't do that last year when we won the league, though? 

There wasn't a January window. But McCall was almost gone if we hadn't come back. V. East Fife. Because of an injury to Brownlie he put Bell in there and, fortunately it worked. Frankly the squad we had for League 1 should have at least challenged, never mind winning it. Up until the East Fife result we were looking the other way. It helped that Falkirk completely imploded.

Can I just point one thing out - Bell came on at half time against East Fife to replace Sena and it was him and Brownlie who played in central defence for the remainder of the season (apart from the last game against Montrose). I am not sure where the Brownlie injury forced McCall to play Bell line is coming from.

Edited by Fawlty Towers

4 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Can I just point one thing out - Bell came on at half time against East Fife to replace Sena and it was him and Brownlie who played in central defence for the remainder of the season (apart from the last game against Montrose). I am not sure where the Brownlie injury forced McCall to play Bell line is coming from.

I stand corrected regards Brownlie.

6 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

No. I should apologise.  I am  pissed off over Thistle and shouldn't have said that. I need to take a break from here. Lol

Only Thistle could make people argue over who needs to apologise to who!

Anyway a full week to prepare for the next instalment so hopefully everyone - players and fans alike - are well rested and ready for action by next Saturday.

Edited by Fawlty Towers
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Only Thistle could make people argue over who needs to apologise to who!

Anyway a full week to prepare for the next instalment so hopefully everyone - players and fans alike - are well rested and ready for action by next Saturday.

Indeed. Big, big game. I don't care if the ball skips off the only blade of grass on the pitch to deceive their keeper and trundles into the net, to win the game I will take it.

• Like 1

There seems little doubt that the dual loss of Tiffoney and Rudden over the past several weeks has seriously weakened us. And although we'd all like to think that our manager could make adequate preparations for losses of key players for whatever reason (injuries, suspensions, transfers etc.), is it really reasonable to expect our manager, with a limited budget, to be able to plug every loss easily? And then when one guy who looks like he has potential (Jukabiak) gets injured...... But, I suppose it has to be said that the bunnet has done a better job in this respect.......

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

There seems little doubt that the dual loss of Tiffoney and Rudden over the past several weeks has seriously weakened us. And although we'd all like to think that our manager could make adequate preparations for losses of key players for whatever reason (injuries, suspensions, transfers etc.), is it really reasonable to expect our manager, with a limited budget, to be able to plug every loss easily? And then when one guy who looks like he has potential (Jukabiak) gets injured...... But, I suppose it has to be said that the bunnet has done a better job in this respect.......

Maybe not the best of analogies but imagine building a squad of players was like a trip to the supermarket. McCall goes in the door and immediately hits the central midfielders aisle. "I'll grab a few of them. In fact they look quite reasonable. Think I'll have a few more".

Then on to the defenders counter. "Could I have half a dozen for the back row, please. What's that? Do I want central defenders, full backs, wingbacks? Naw, doesn't matter, just give me an assortment, ta". 

McCall heads to checkout adding on his way and out of curiosity a couple of Wonky Forwards. "Well that's me for now. Back tomorrow for the rest. I suppose I'll  better check my balance at the ATM on my way out". 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Because we had nobody to replace him , it was a ridiculous decision.

Our whole style of play has now changed , Rudden played on the shoulder of the last man , so we could use his pace to get behind teams .

We’re now playing much narrower with is easier to defend against with everything in front of the opposition’s defenders.

Crazy Decision

I didn’t think we would miss him because he hadn’t scored in a while, if I remember right.

and as I say it does seem that it wasn’t the best decision, but unfortunately we can’t be certain of that. 

5 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

It is relative to the the dreadful windows that McCall had and the deterioration of our perfomances. Relegation in 2020, now when we should really have had top 4 wrapped up we are hanging on by our fingernails and our goal difference has taken a hammering too. Ayr fans on P and B have commented on this is a McCall trait. His teams tail off in the last quarter of the season. 

I wondered when you were going to chip in.

Except in 2021. Have you not been following. 

49 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

You haven't exactly been keeping up with my point of relevance have you? Read it again and see what you get.

Well let me see. I don’t think we actually played the last quarter of 2020 because it was cancelled due to Covid. And anyway, the discussion was about using statistics to suit an argument and Dick eventually conceded that he was just disappointed about losing 4 in a row, just like we all are.

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

Well let me see. I don’t think we actually played the last quarter of 2020 because it was cancelled due to Covid. And anyway, the discussion was about using statistics to suit an argument and Dick eventually conceded that he was just disappointed about losing 4 in a row, just like we all are.

What do you mean by saying I conceded I was disappointed when we lost 4 in a row. I (like I hope every jag is) am pissed as hell every time we lose, or even draw 1 in a row.

I’ve told you before not to put words in my mouth.

20 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

You’ll find most players haven’t got an interest in the Clubs they play for , only in the Wages they can get.
It’s a short career and players have got to maximise it .

Re Zak Rudden, it was a ridiculous deal for Partick Thistle, doesn’t make any difference whether he was leaving at the end of the season , he was our player and under contract and Dundee didn’t want to pay the fee to secure the deal .

So we contrived to do a “ loan deal “ with no obvious goalscoring replacement.

Who’s to blame McCall or Britton?

We didn’t have anybody to replace him and that has been the catalyst for our poor form since January which may cost us a play off place.

I agree that losing Rudden has been a part of our collapse of late  ( along with Graham and Tiffoney being out at the same time ). Maybe we could have kept him, but in all likelihood  ( unless you know different ) we would have an unhappy player on the payroll. Additionally if he missed a few chances let's be honest some fans would have turned against him. Not me. But some. I'd also agree that who we brought in in the window are simply not good enough, especially on the scoring goals bit. Could we have signed Laferrty and broke the bank. Maybe. We're there any potential signings we could have made? I've no idea. Sometimes fate conspires against you and maybe just maybe that's all it is. Frustrating I know, but we still may make the play offs. Never a dull moment.