Cove Rangers v Thistle

Albert's Ghost

Regarding the Brian Graham response. I would say his reaction shows he does have pride and passion. If he was getting it tight I have no problem with players giving it back. As for the team in general we are floundering. I couldn't second quess where we might finish which says it all really....

Two wins ,a draw and two clean sheets out of last three….turned the corner ? …no sure given our injury list on and off the park .However, following the   response by players and fans alike to that magical ,madcap moment at the end of yesterday’s game that ,hopefully, might be the spark to get back on track .

43 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Two wins ,a draw and two clean sheets out of last three….turned the corner ? …no sure given our injury list on and off the park .However, following the   response by players and fans alike to that magical ,madcap moment at the end of yesterday’s game that ,hopefully, might be the spark to get back on track .

There will only be the slightest chance of getting back on track if we can get players fit enough to play. It seems we went backwards yesterday with only 8 on the bench. 

3 hours ago, elevenone said:

I am going to be the grinch here.  Firstly well done on goal Jamie but the score and performance are not to be lauded.  Have we sank so low so quickly to be doing mini pitch invasions to celebrate a draw in Cove?

The club is rotten on and off the pitch at the moment and as for Brian I would say just like Foster last season we have an other experienced player who should be doing his talking on the park.  Fans spent good money yesterday and travelled a bit and at this time of year so of course there will be frustration in the terraces watching that guff.

humbug.

Apart from the goal i haven't seen anything of the game, so i can't comment on the overall performance, but from the updates i was looking at during the game it read like another very poor performance. 

I do not like pitch invasions and would not condone one because it was Thistle fans. I would suggest it wasn't because we drew with Cove but more to do with how got the result.  Scoring a goal 5 minutes into injury time that earns Thistle a draw or victory always feels good and i would also suggest that Jamie scoring it made it even more special.

All that in no way hides that we are not playing well and hopefully the extra weeks rest from playing will help our injured players. It will not be easy against Ayr and although ICT are struggling that won't be easy either.

Jamie did really well at the goal moved about a few times and that seemed to put the Cove defence off. Some of our outfield players take note.

Edited by Auld Jag
Praise for Jamie.

3 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Apart from the goal i haven't seen anything of the game, so i can't comment on the overall performance, but from the updates i was looking at during the game it read like another very poor performance. 

I do not like pitch invasions and would not condone one because it was Thistle fans. I would suggest it wasn't because we drew with Cove but more to do with how got the result.  Scoring a goal 5 minutes into injury time that earns Thistle a draw or victory always feels good and i would also suggest that Jamie scoring it made it even more special.

All that in no way hides that we are not playing well and hopefully the extra weeks rest from playing will help our injured players. It will not be easy against Ayr and although ICT are struggling that won't be easy either.

Jamie did really well at the goal moved about a few times and that seemed to put the Cove defence off. Some of our outfield players take note.

I would agree with that last comment. I was in the perfect position behind the goal (on the far side from where Banzo took the corner) to watch Jamie's movement. In, out and back in again. Superb!

13 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

I would agree with that last comment. I was in the perfect position behind the goal (on the far side from where Banzo took the corner) to watch Jamie's movement. In, out and back in again. Superb!

I also seen in another picture Milne and Graham standing together as Jamie heads the ball. In the last minute of the game they should have been in a more attacking position.

Great to see Jamie score.

But let's be honest, we are GLASGOW'S FOURTH TEAM at the moment! Everyone from the board, to the management, to the players, to the apathetic fans have a share of the responsibility for this. Until McCall, Scally, Emasculated Archie, Britton, Low, and Co are binned, we might very well remain in Queens Park's shadow. 

Edited by Yellow & Redneck
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Great to see Jamie score.

But let's be honest, we are GLASGOW'S FOURTH TEAM at the moment! Everyone from the board, to the management, to the players, to the apathetic fans have a share of the responsibility for this. Until McCall, Scally, Emasculated Archie, Britton, Low, and Co are binned, we might very well remain in Queens Park's shadow. 

Can't argue with our current status. We are Glasgow's fourth team. Beaten twice by Queens Pk with an aggregate 2-7 and 6 points behind them underlines that. Bit confused who the "apathetic fans" are?