Challenge Cup Game

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you get BBC Alba? Do you need to have Sky or is it available on Freeview/Virgin Cable? Or is there a pub in Glasgow where (for instance) like minded Thistle fans could gather and request that some poxy English Premiership match is dumped in favour of Real Scottish Football with Gaelic commentary?

How do you get BBC Alba? Do you need to have Sky or is it available on Freeview/Virgin Cable? Or is there a pub in Glasgow where (for instance) like minded Thistle fans could gather and request that some poxy English Premiership match is dumped in favour of Real Scottish Football with Gaelic commentary?

I don't know why the club don't open the Aitken or something and put pies on ar half time and charge a Fiver or something. Make some money and gives those that can't go up a good afternoon out

I don't know why the club don't open the Aitken or something and put pies on ar half time and charge a Fiver or something. Make some money and gives those that can't go up a good afternoon out

Dont think the club have sky.Think its the only game on next sunday so no excuses for pubs not to show it

Think its the only game on next sunday so no excuses for pubs not to show it

That is a very good point, and one I completely overlooked. I was expecting to encounter competition from EPL games if I go to the boozer next Sunday.

I'd imagine The Brass Monkey is a cert, along with probably Tennent's, The Horse Shoe and perhaps Rhoderick Dhu.

Edit to add: Any Fleetwood or Cambridge fans entering the pub at 4pm to watch their game can GTF. :P

Edited by H Wragg

As its a cup game am i right in presuming we will get half the gate money? Also maybe a small amount if its being shown on the tv. I remeber when the Thistle v Morton game was shown by Alba in January a Morton fan told me that they got 3 grand for that game as the away team. I guess we need every penny we can get.

As its a cup game am i right in presuming we will get half the gate money? Also maybe a small amount if its being shown on the tv. I remeber when the Thistle v Morton game was shown by Alba in January a Morton fan told me that they got 3 grand for that game as the away team. I guess we need every penny we can get.

Half the gate money after expenses and a small amount of TV money. Enough, perhaps, to pay for the bus hire and pre-match meal etc.

IMO as it is a semi-final the TV money should be shared equally, it's just the luck of the draw that County are the home side, but that's just my opinion.

Half the gate money after expenses and a small amount of TV money. Enough, perhaps, to pay for the bus hire and pre-match meal etc.

IMO as it is a semi-final the TV money should be shared equally, it's just the luck of the draw that County are the home side, but that's just my opinion.

Anything in the above to contradict opinions that the Challenge Cup is anything more than Mickey Mouse?

The Thornwood Bar will probably have it on. The Brass Monkey could be a good idea as well.

Dont worry about the Brass Monkey, Thornwood or any other pub - Get yourself on a supporters bus and up to the game !

If we were to win, how many of you would want to go to the Final (even if it is only the ALBA cup?)

I suspect that we wont get to the final but even if we did I presume that any game against Peterhead would be at Perth? and a game against QoS would be at Kilmarnock?

Probably not go anyway so result on Sunday academic.

Doubt that the final would be at either of those grounds. Inclination / desire in the past has been to, if possible, have it at an SFL ground.

Edited by German Jag