Thistle v Rangers

1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

This deserves a match thread.

No reason to think we can't win this. Robbed by a dubious refereeing in the last league game.

Good luck to all involved. I'm getting the big cup final nerves already.

We should be prepared for similar dubious officiating.

Not the scoreline we all wanted but the girls did themselves proud I feel. Right in for the whole of the first half it was such a blow losing the 3rd right on the whistle. Still scored the best goal of the game though. Fans were a credit as well - only heard the Rangers fans when it went to the 90th minute.

9 more games to go - let's hope we can get a few wins out of those.

Very positive start and really took the game to Rangers early on. Strong tackling to win the ball back and putting together some good moves. Did appear to be pressing quite high up the park which left the huge gap for the first goal. Came back brilliantly with Rachel's equaliser. After about half an hour the pace and snap seemed to gradually decline and from then on we found it difficult to retain possession for any great length of time. No doubt that was when the difference between full and part time training was beginning to tell. Agree that the timing of the third goal was really deflating. Half-time at 1-2 could have been the springboard for renewed momentum in the second half. As it was Rangers scored the fourth soon after the interval. From that time on it was backs to the wall, but a spirited defensive performance not to concede further. The team did themselves and Thistle proud. Their spectacular over-achievement this season is worthy of tremendous credit.

• Like 5

I'm a bit behind the clock but would just like to say that I totally agree with all of the above post.

My Rangers friend agrees we got goal of the game and he said he breathed a lot easier after the third goal was scored. He felt his team deserved a 2-1 HT lead and that 3-1 flattered them.

Its history now but a big well done to the ladies.