Just In

chunky jag

Excellent performance, not a failure in the team.

Scott Fox was excellent, as was Paton Archie Cairney Rowser Erskine.

Played them off the park first half, 2nd they had all the ball but didn't threaten much. Should have ended it on the break a few times, but infuriatingly chose the wrong ball, Buchanan and Erskine guilty of this. But Erskine was excellent, so much potential if he stays consistent and keeps working. His fitness is improving every week he's usually subbed after an hour when he starts, but he's lasting games and still having a good burst near the end.

Can't wait for McDiarmid!!!

Fox had one brilliant stop towards the end of the first half tonight and very comfortable coming out for the occasional cross ball but aside from that he didn't really have a lot to do.

Rowson, what an engine, an example to every young player at the club. Running flat out in 91st minute to be furthest man forward in quick break.

Erskine ran and ran until he was at a standstill and took a fair kicking, especially 1st half.

Unfair to really single anyone out though having said that. Well done Jags. :thumbsup2:

Edited by Trotter

Drove very carefully up from Derby from a confrence determined to make my first game this season (work in a hotel) supprised that I didn't make it realy, as I was driving that carefully

got radio scotland about 10 minutes into first half so missed the goal

got to Firhill just as the second half started

Oh well

GET IT RIGHT UP YOU PRESSLEY :lol:

oh and for gods sake shoot

Rowson, what an engine, an example to every young player at the club. Running flat out in 91st minute to be furthest man forward in quick break.

How Rowson wasn't MoM is beyond me ,outstanding tonight four or five times ran the length of the pitch to make interceptions.Back four/five brilliant ,Keeper class ,never looks like dropping anything,massive effort all over the park , well done to the team and er....GIRUY Presley.

If you think that that bunch of cheating, diving ,hacking muppets is playing football the right way then you're a bigger arsole than you look.

First half we were great and should have had a couple more than the one we managed. Second half they had all the ball but did very little with it. The fact that they resorted to diving and some rough house stuff just highlighted their frutration at being so poor. Liam when the ball is at your feet in the penalty box--SHOOT. The whole team deserve tremendous credit for the effort they put in and the manager for getting his tactics spot on imo. Was great to hear the JHS in full voice reminded me of the old days.

Oh should probably say I thought Hodge was a waste of a jersey and I was more than a little concerned that Archie would get pulled up for excessive arm use. Honestly, save the manlove for the post-match pint!

Harsh I feel. I watched Hodge for a few sections of the game - always closing down and getting stuck in and trying to use the ball well once he got it. One of the few players that properly tries to switch play. It doesn't always work but I thought he put in a good shift tonight.

Really enjoyed that - one of the few times that I feel I got value for money watching Thistle. The team pressed really well in the first half - right in Falkirk's faces every time they got the ball. Really good on the break too - was just worried that we'd be made to pay for not taking more of our chances.

Fox is a very inspiring keeper - confident all game. Archie and Willie generally good, apart from a few fouls near the end and Archie misjudging the high ball that lead to his booking in the first half. Midfield chased everything. Cairney was tigerish, Rowson immense, Erskine unplayable at times and Hodge was solid enough too - getting very close to his man and getting stuck in while trying to use the ball well when he got it. Buckie and Doolan chased everything, won a lot of high balls for wee guys and used it well.

I thought we were really good. On the other hand Falkirk were a bunch of whiny, dirty little cheats. Get it right ******* up them and right up the bropwn-shoed knob-end.

Great cup tie, which that fat inept ref winters and a blind linesman tried their best to spoil. For all the possession falkirk had in the second half I cant remember Fox having to do much apart from collect crosses. The defence was excellent tonight as was rowser. Cairney played the best ive seen him for a while and erskine was at times brilliant (loved the meg on their number 2). I wonder what pressleys excuse wil be this time? The state of the pitch didnt allow them to play their brazil-esque football im guessing.

Oh and Carl Finnagan, you are a cheating scumbag.

Harsh I feel. I watched Hodge for a few sections of the game - always closing down and getting stuck in and trying to use the ball well once he got it. One of the few players that properly tries to switch play. It doesn't always work but I thought he put in a good shift tonight.

I totally agree about Hodge - although I don't approve of the Gerry Collins language, I thought he put in an excellent shift tonight, and it's really unfair to single him out in what was an excellent team performance. Rowson and Archie were good also, we should have scored again in the second half, but I'll take 1-0 every time. Another victory for 'anti-football'. Pressley - you're getting sacked in the morning.

Disappointed I won't be around for the St Johnstone game, the fans should be in good voice for that one.

Great result tonight and sets us up nicely for the Cowdenbeath game at the weekend. I thought we played it exactly right tonight, although spent some of the 2nd half playing way too Lambie-esque deep. We should have put a few more past them too. It was Falkirk who were playing the anti-football tonight - as they did last week - d*cking about at the back and then launching it up the park. Some of their gamesmanship was rank rotten as well, to understate the case a bit. Fox didn't have a save to make in the 2nd half, but his catching of crosses and coming for Falkirk's long ball nonsense was inch perfect even when he got a sair one on the face. Rowson = indomnitable, Paddy Boyle = almost as good.

So pleased with this result. Ecstatic that yet again we've worked it right into that circus freak, Pressley. He adds ten buzz points onto the pleasure you'd get from a normal win.

How about we do St J in the next round and then get one of the guaranteed diddy winners that the draw has thrown up?

Wahay. We are Thistle we are Thistle we are we are. :cheers:

"Great cup tie, which that fat inept ref winters and a blind linesman tried their best to spoil. "

It is an absolute disgrace the someone of that fitness should be allowed to ref a Scottish cup tie between two professional teams.A guy completely, utterly out of condition who couldn't keep up with play in a game where a wrong decision could cost a club Thousands of pounds.Some mind boggling decisions from him tonight not helped by some blatant cheating from Falkirk.If he's passing the required fitness level for a ref then someone seriously has to look at the standard they are setting.Is that guy honestly under 45? He looks about 60.

Edited by angry gaz

how 22 men finished on the park i will never know.thought there was a red card defo in that match.

There was a blatant, instant red card when some wee twat of theirs kicked out in the box and that ********* linesman missed it while looking straight at them. He was the most inept linesman I have witnessed in years and failed to get one decision correct all night.

Happy days to be a Thistle fan, had almost forgotten what that felt like.

Feel really proud of Erskine, always felt there was some creativity and potential in him alongside his occasionally infuriating passages of play. He can make things happen out of unexpected situations and manages to build excitement when he gets the ball.

Let's make 2011 a good Jaggy year.

Their number 9 was more arms than Willie K on a bad day. Amazed he never got caught once! he caught just about everybody else and did his level best to get Archie sent off by falling down at every challenge.

And scarily he looked their best threat to us

I think some of the comments on the match have been typed during a state of elation at going though to the next round, we were far from outstanding

We were pretty damn good for most of the first half, and we done ok in the second.

Bad officiating all round, even a few going our way that were shockingly bad decisions

Thought Falkirk were really really dirty tonight, bad apples

Was Twaddle always such a twat?

Realy enjoyed the game tonight, even the bombscare stuff in the second half

Bring on the Saintees

Their number 9 was more arms than Willie K on a bad day. Amazed he never got caught once! he caught just about everybody else and did his level best to get Archie sent off by falling down at every challenge.

Think we're lucky it was Archie. Too experienced to react to Finnegan's(?)nonsense. That said with that clown of a ref tonight I was sure if anyone got sent off it would be a Jags player. I don't like slating refs just for the sake of it but that guy (Winters?) missed so much of what was going on it verged at times on the unbelievable.

Oh should probably say I thought Hodge was a waste of a jersey

Feel you should probably not say. Hodge wasn't that poor tonight and stuck in a few telling tackles. Something that's been missing from his game. Perhaps you have a lower tolerance level than me but "waste of a jersey" is taking it too far tonight.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Feel you should probably not say. Hodge wasn't that poor tonight and stuck in a few telling tackles. Something that's been missing from his game. Perhaps you have a lower tolerance level than me but "waste of a jersey" is taking it too far tonight.

Perhaps an exaggeration. I just don't think he played very well. Not his worst game by any measure but if there was a weak link today, I think he was it.

Why Rowson wasn't MOM is beyond me. The passing might be occasionally wayward but the work-rate is astonishing, he out-sprints his own players in an effort to get back. Just missed goal due to being in queue for ticket (my fault), but Big Birds contribution wasn't anywhere near the Rowsers. Fox has been the only difference between a rubbish team and a good team IMHO, it all starts at the back. We have the makings of a good squad and the only missing piece was the goalkeeper....Hodge would seem to be the weakest link in the chain at the moment.

Did I mention I'd drunk a lot of Guinness?